Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For the thousandth time...

How long do you guys normally see between application acceptance by the school and acceptances/ rejections from schools? Also, do most schools respond via online source or mail nowadays?

Apologies for this since I know I have seen this thread before and can never find it.

Comments

• stgl1230stgl1230 Member
    edited March 2017 821 karma

It's hard to define "normal" with law schools, especially with this cycle. It's been a very slow cycle. However, if you're waiting 6+ months for a response...that's probably not normal and you are probably dinged or WLd.

Personally, I heard back from T14 schools within a month. Average of 3 weeks. Other T1 schools took about a month - month and a half - I'm guessing that they have fewer resources in their admissions offices. I got very lucky though. Many people that applied when I applied are still waiting.

If you are accepted, schools will send a combo of an email, snail mail, update to the status checker, and sometimes a phone call! Rejections are sometimes emailed, but more common by status checker and snail mail.

• texvd1988texvd1988 Member
    605 karma

@stgl1230 said:
    It's hard to define "normal" with law schools, especially with this cycle. It's been a very slow cycle. However, if you're waiting 6+ months for a response...that's probably not normal and you are probably dinged or WLd.

Personally, I heard back from T14 schools within a month. Average of 3 weeks. Other T1 schools took about a month - month and a half - I'm guessing that they have fewer resources in their admissions offices. I got very lucky though. Many people that applied when I applied are still waiting.

If you are accepted, schools will send a combo of an email, snail mail, update to the status checker, and sometimes a phone call! Rejections are sometimes emailed, but more common by status checker and snail mail.

I see. So checking my status will do the trick for the most part. Though Baylor and SMU don't have a decision checker.

I am wondering if the tier 3 I applied to will have a quicker turnaround since I am well above their average gpa and LSAT scores. Just out of curiosity that is.

• stgl1230stgl1230 Member
    821 karma

@accountformerlyknowasvd1988 Get on that F5 game (or not if you use a Mac)!

• texvd1988texvd1988 Member
    605 karma

@stgl1230 said:
    @accountformerlyknowasvd1988 Get on that F5 game (or not if you use a Mac)!

hahahahaha

that's life advice I would get from my dad right there.