Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT Prep Tests during 7Sage Course- How to balance it/when to start taking regular practice tests?

plantbaseddiyaplantbaseddiya Alum Member
in General 83 karma

Hi, I started the 7Sage Course a couple of months ago. I have been going through each of the course sections, but I am wondering how others pair this course? Do you take practice tests while also progressing through the course? Did you finish the course first(LR,LG,RC) and then start practice testing?

I was aiming to take the June LSAT, and started the 7Sage course, supplementing with PowerScore Bibles... I feel like I am making a lot of progress and understanding questions and concepts much better, but am curious to know how others scheduled their practice exams?

Thank you so much!

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

I think finishing the CC first is generally best. Drill and do some of the problem sets as practice to learn and improve as you work your way through. Once you have completed the CC then begin to PT and blind review and review lessons and drill to fix any issues.

This is just my theory, but it doesn't seem to make much sense to take PTs before you've finished learning everything. First, it is potentially wasting valuable and finite prep tests. Second, your score won't tell you much because you'll still have information to learn. I also think one of most common issues I see with fellow LSATers is that they begin PT'ing too early.

• plantbaseddiyaplantbaseddiya Alum Member
    83 karma

@"Alex Divine" Thank you for your advice! You make very good points.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:
    I think finishing the CC first is generally best. Drill and do some of the problem sets as practice to learn and improve as you work your way through. Once you have completed the CC then begin to PT and blind review and review lessons and drill to fix any issues.

This is just my theory, but it doesn't seem to make much sense to take PTs before you've finished learning everything. First, it is potentially wasting valuable and finite prep tests. Second, your score won't tell you much because you'll still have information to learn. I also think one of most common issues I see with fellow LSATers is that they begin PT'ing too early.

Agreed. PTs are primarily for identifying weaknesses so that we know how best to focus our studies. If you haven't finished the CC, you don't need a PT in order to identify weak spots. And if you don't need a PT, it's not going to be very productive to take it.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"diya.jajal" said:
    @"Alex Divine" Thank you for your advice! You make very good points.

:) No problem. I learned a lot of what I know from the wonderful sages on here and making my own mistakes with PTs too early.