[Webinar] What To Do If You’re Waitlisted - Wednesday, March 8th @ 9pm

David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
edited March 2017 in Webinars 7262 karma

7Sagers,

On Wednesday, March 8th, at 9 p.m. EST, I’ll talk about letters of continuing interest and other waitlist strategies. After my presentation, I’ll answer your questions.

Webinar: What To Do If You’re Waitlisted
Wednesday, March 8, 2017, 9:00 PM – 10:00 PM EST

Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/594908333

You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (872) 240-3212

Access Code: 594-908-333

First GoToMeeting? Try a test session: http://help.citrix.com/getready

Comments

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

I'm on three waitlists right now...looking forward to this!

• bjphillips5bjphillips5 Alum Member
    1137 karma

Looking forward to this!

• danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma

Even if you're not waitlisted, get a jump on knowing what to do if you are at some point in the future!

• Bevs ScooterMinionBevs ScooterMinion Alum Member
    1018 karma

I think that is great advice, @danielznelson. I'll be there!

• danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma

I wanted to post a question here just so I don't forget it:

When both waitlisted and accepted, do we only have until the deposit deadline to negotiate/make our decision? That is, do we only have until then before our seat is lost at the school to which we were accepted? And if so, is it beneficial to tell other schools this? That you're accepted at School X and have less than a month to decide... and that if that School Y waitlisted you and doesn't admit/deny you before School X's seat deposit deadline, you'll have to go for School X?

• CrushLSATCrushLSAT Member
    150 karma

I also have a few questions that I would like to post here before I forget.

1. If I haven't yet written a "Why X Law School" essay, is it too late to write one and submit it as an addenda instead of a LOCI, especially if I haven't heard back from the school yet? What's the recommended length for these "Why X Law School" essays (i.e. 500 words or less)?

2. If I were to send my LOCI to those schools that I have not yet heard from, what is the best way to do so? Should I just send it as an email to their general admissions inbox?

• jennilynn89jennilynn89 Alum Member
    822 karma

I really wanted to attend this yesterday, but could not make it. Will there be some kind of recording available for this? Or would anyone like to share their notes with me??? I'd be forever grateful! :)

• bjphillips5bjphillips5 Alum Member
    1137 karma

Amen to what @jennilynn89 said!

• David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
    7262 karma

@jennilynn89 @bjphillips5 we don't record admissions webinar, sorry—but you can see everything I know about waitlists in the admissions course: https://7sage.com/enroll-admissions/.

We recently lowered the price to $15, but we're still improving it! Look out for a new video on letters of continued interest dropping soon.