Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Keep the Faith!

DByrne07DByrne07 Core Member
in General 279 karma

7Sagers - I'm aiming to take the LSAT again in June - my 4th go around as I really want to go to Law School (duh) in fall of 2018... Anyways, I fancy myself as one of the worst LSAT takers ever to come about - 144-146-151 (most recent)... I'm currently drilling at 161 average after taking 5 tests (and finishing most of the curriculum for a 2nd time) - 36-37-38-39-40... I've taken those tests before, but it has been a few years, so I think that my question recognition is distant and not an advantage....

The whole point - keep the faith - keep working hard and better results will follow.

One thing I've noticed - my confidence is on a whole different level than a few years ago... And I'm crushing Logic games - I average 2 misses per game roughly... That is key! Reading Comp is rough and Logic Reasoning is still frustrating. I'm not a robot and human... Really dig down the application effect for logic reasoning - don't gloss over the explanations!

My goal is anything over 158 come June and William and Mary Law!

One last piece of advice: find the right balance between practice tests and curriculum review!

Comments

• Not Ralph NaderNot Ralph Nader Alum Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2098 karma

@DByrne07 thanks for sharing, I admire your commitment and good luck with your prep.

• TexAgAaronTexAgAaron Alum Member
    1723 karma

@DByrne07 this is great! I'm taking the same path myself and am definitely encouraged by your results! Keep it up!

• Bevs ScooterMinionBevs ScooterMinion Alum Member
    1018 karma

I admire your enthusiasm, and thank you for your honesty!

GO GET 'EM! <3

• dennisgerrarddennisgerrard Member
    1644 karma

may be take a break from LSAT helps

• DByrne07DByrne07 Core Member
    279 karma

@dennisgerrard said:
    may be take a break from LSAT helps

I actually have done that for a few months prior to this beginning prep - I agree with this idea.

• camcam Alum Member
    349 karma

I saw this post and appreciate it! I took the Feb 2017 test. I'm taking a break from the LSAT until early April and then will be starting back with the goal of taking the Dec 2017 test. I under-performed my PT average by 4-7 points (depending on how far back tests are included).

I'm planning on doing what they said in the Post-CC webinar.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Congrats on the improvement and the motivation to not give up faith! Faith in yourself is quite underrated wrt the LSAT.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma

Determination is a huge part of the process. Without it, none of us stands a chance. Keep at it. Sounds like you're going at it right.

• extramediumextramedium Alum Member
    edited March 2017 419 karma

@"Cant Get Right" said:
    Determination is a huge part of the process. Without it, none of us stands a chance. Keep at it. Sounds like you're going at it right.

This. Also, I didn't really approve of week-log breaks some people recommended, and now I realize they're practically necessary for your brain to heal from stress and to develop long-term memory of the subjects you've already learned.

I'm 8 months in. It's been a hard road, but I admire your enthusiasm. Sadly, it's easier to come on here and moan and complain about "Muh, I'm doing bad" rather than digging down and understanding why you've gotten questions wrong.

But one way I've learned to tell if I need a break is when I really start attaching emotion and personal value to my scores. Once I'm at the point where I'm telling myself I'm stupid because I missed a bunch of questions on one drill, I try to remove myself from the process for a little while. Hope that helps for anyone having similar troubles. Let your brain heal. Stress and anxiety only compound your problems, and once you get to that point, your chances of taking in new info, processing and remembering it become a lot smaller.

• mrs.woodson13mrs.woodson13 Free Trial Member
    1 karma

I appreciate your post, I love your motivation!