Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My RC Sucks

ricardo.e.mirandaricardo.e.miranda Free Trial Member
edited October 2014 in Reading Comprehension 15 karma
Been working on June 2007 test at a snail's pace. Primarily because on week nights, I may devote hour and a half or so and Saturday's I haven't been consistent about devoting more than 2-3 hours. So I've been on this test for about 2 weeks now just working one section to the next. I'm in no way even prepared to take a diagnostic yet. Feeling like a slug right now. I did Passage three of section 4 (June 2007 test); it took me 25 minutes to read the passage, take some notes and answer the 8 questions. After 25 minutes, I only got 4 out of 8 correct. RC is kicking my ass. What am I doing wrong, what should I be doing to get my RC scores up and what should I be doing to get faster? Please help.

Comments

• dudelsat99dudelsat99 Alum Member
    94 karma
    It sounds like you may be spending way too much time taking notes.
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    Focus on getting "the just" of each paragraph instead of trying to get all the details. I used to do this too, thinking every single detail mattered. It doesn't. What matters is the bigger picture.

Figure out what the first paragraph is saying.
    Figure out what the second paragraph is saying.
    Figure out why paragraph 2 relates to paragraph 1.
    Figure out what paragraph 3 is saying.
    Figure out why it relates to 2 and 1.

What's the main conclusion after reading through all three?

If they want specific details, they'll ask. IE "What does ____ in para 56 imply", but just focus on understanding what everything means. Let gooooo of the details.