New to this - General Question

skiatook89-1-1skiatook89-1-1 Alum Member
in General 175 karma

I am going through the trial material right now and have already decided to postpone my test until the fall. What I am wondering is how intuitive is the material? Will it walk me through some of the more (seemingly) complex lessons in regard to practice tests, etc.? I have a little bit (lot) of anxiety regarding this and wanted to see if someone would mind sharing some of your experiences and advice you would give to a new user to the site.

Comments

• partyondudespartyondudes Alum Member
    edited March 2017 424 karma

@skiatook89 welcome to 7Sage! The prep material is great. Beyond the basic logic curriculum, all practice questions are pulled from Practice Tests (PTs) 1-35. You'll get a pretty good feel for J.Y.'s style by completing the trial material. For other examples, see any of the Logic Game Explanation videos. The curriculum is thorough and the explanations practical and easy to understand. However, keep in mind that how useful all of this is for your preparations will be in large part based on how you use it. No prep course will automatically guarantee a perfect LSAT score, but 7Sage will help you--and I think it is probably one of the best prep courses at doing it--to develop the skills and mindset to get there if you apply yourself in your preparations. Good luck and come join the party! :)

• twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma

@skiatook89 No stress - great decision to postpone until the Fall:)
    Understanding the nuances of the Lsat is different for everyone but 7Sage gives you the base to build your fundamentals and then learn from the more advanced curriculum.We have an incredible community of support not just in the forums but answers within the individual components of the Syllabus.

@partyondudes said:
    keep in mind that how useful all of this is for your preparations will be in large part based on how you use it. No prep course will automatically guarantee a perfect LSAT score, but 7Sage will help you...

Many of us on 7Sage had experiences with other test preps - the main thing is to not go through the curriculum too fast or you will find yourself in the pitfall of having to return to the curriculum at a later date to really understand the core of the test - conditional reasoning, flaw types, fool-proofing logic games, etc. When you are ready to start practicing on tests, PT phase, the community with webinars, study groups etc provide even more support:)

@partyondudes said:
    Good luck and come join the party! :)

!!!

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27859 karma

Yeah, JY is a really great teacher. I don't do well with tricks and gimmicks and I felt like 7Sage was the first curriculum to really explain the reasoning to me on a deep, intuitive level

Like @partyondudes mentioned, take a look at the free LG explanations to get a feel for it. Great resource, and also a great sampling of the material, although I actually think the LR curriculum is even stronger than the LG.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

I agree with everything Tyler and Josh said above! Try it out and I would bet you'll love it. I also used Manhattan/LSAT TRainer/Powerscore and thing I gained a lot from all of those sources. It just depends on what type of learner you are. That said, 7Sage is without question the most thoroughly and objectively the best for logic games and general logic strategy.

I'm not sure how to answer is the material is intuitive. I will say that a lot of the LSAT is pretty simple concepts that just need to be understood at a deep level. They don't expect you to know any crazy vocab or prior knowledge on history or science. It is a very formulaic test in many regards and I think if you start from the first lesson and be patient and go slow and not move forward until you 100% understand the lessons, you will find it as wonderful as the other thousands of students who have used it and been accepted into their dream schools.

If you do end up liking it, I HIGHLY recommend upgrading to Ultimate + so you get the extra problem sets (not printable) question bank (printable) and every PT as well as full explanations. These tools are literally invaluable.

Welcome to 7Sage and good luck on your journey! I hope you'll stick around. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or want to chat more about something in detail!