BranTwiceBranTwice Alum Member
edited April 2017 in General 204 karma

Comments

• apublicdisplayapublicdisplay Alum Member
    696 karma

Don't check the answers until you've thoroughly BR'd everything.

• TimLSAT180TimLSAT180 Alum Member
    619 karma

I second @apublicdisplay! Make sure to BR before you check the answers. This could take up to even 6 hours by the way. Also, always BR with a clean copy.

• 524 karma

BR and then grade. My understanding of BR is that, while you're taking the test, you circle the questions you're unsure of. Then, once you're finished with the test, take a blank copy of the test and go over the questions that you circled. Take as much time as you need for each and every question that you need to BR. This way, it'll help you develop a sense of being confident about knowing what you know and what you don't know so that you can drill/spend extra time on question types. BRing without knowing whether you got the question right or wrong will also help you uncover questions that you thought you didn't need to BR, but actually got wrong (i.e., you didn't circle the question, but still got it wrong). This is a huge learning opportunity because it'll help you identify areas that you need to work on, but would've otherwise overlooked. Let me know if you need me to clarify anything. Happy studying!

• 524 karma

Also, it's totally possible to reach your goal; I've seen lots of 7Sagers climb 10+ points. I'd recommend being on some of the calls with BR groups so that you can get a sense of how they do it since proper BR is key to increasing your score.

• joe.j.hamjoe.j.ham Alum Member
    88 karma

Hey Branigan, just joined 7Sage. I started off in August with about a blind diagnostic, 152. Currently scoring around the 165's (Test 61) and topped at 167, BR 169 (Test 48). I'd say it's definitely doable! Just keep at it mate.

My method before joining 7Sage - decided to cave and grab the Ultimate+ and try to score 170+'s - was primarily doing 1 or 2 exams + experimental/week and just review.

• BranTwiceBranTwice Alum Member
    204 karma

Hey, thanks so much for all of the responses! It's helpful to know how you all approach it. I definitely will wait until after BR to grade my tests. I am slotted for June, hopefully I am around the mark by then, so I don't have to push it back.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27859 karma

Hey, that is definitely possible! That is roughly where most of the current Sages started out.

Sounds like you're doing okay, but there is more you can add. After you've graded your PT/BR, make a list of every question you missed. Then write out a brief explanation of why you missed each question. Sometimes that answer will be question type--I don't understand NA. So for these, you definitely want to review the curriculum and drill some problem sets. For many others though, you're likely to find that the question type is not actually the problem. Maybe you fell for a subset trap--an out of scope answer choice that is right except that its subject is too broad/narrow to apply. Maybe the language was just so dense you couldn't figure out what the argument is talking about. Maybe you couldn't distinguish the subtleties between two answer choices. These are very common issues that cost test takers a lot of points. Simply drilling problem sets isn't enough to address these issues though because the question type isn't why you missed them. So dig deeper and analyze your errors more closely than just question type.

• jaefromcanadajaefromcanada Alum Member
    315 karma

@"branigan.satterfield" hey! i am in almost an identical situation as you. I'd love to bounce ideas off each other/encourage one another. don't hesitate to shoot me a message at any time.

• BranTwiceBranTwice Alum Member
    204 karma

@"Cant Get Right" Thank you! That is a really great idea. I definitely am going to do that. I think it will help to hold me accountable for my wrong answers.

@"Jae Won Hur" That would be great!