Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Get to know your fellow 7Sagers!

inactiveinactive Alum Member
edited February 2018 in General 12637 karma
I figured a bit of socialization would be good while you're in-between studying, waiting for your score or just relaxing with a cuppa' joe.

I'll start by introducing myself!

As you probably already know, my name's Dillon. I'm 25 26 (happy birthday to me!) and living with my wife in Eastern Canada. I haven't been working with 7Sage for very long now, but my time here has been amazing. Working with J.Y., Alan, Jon and the rest of the crew is a breath of fresh air compared to my old jobs, not to mention all of the great stuff I'm learning from all of you! I love my job.

When I'm not working, I spend my time writing, cooking, browsing tumblr, cuddling my chubby cat or playing League of Legends / World of Warcraft with my wife. We're both huge nerds.

I love cats. Can you tell?
Tell me about you!

Comments

• mcrblack5mcrblack5 Alum Member
    42 karma
    Hey everyone!

My name is Matt, I'm 24 and currently living in Long Beach, CA. I Graduated from Northern Arizona University with a degree in Philosophy, Politics, and Law and wanted nothing to do with law school when I graduated!

After some time out of school and a move to CA I found a random filing job on craigslist. That ended up turning into litigation support for one of the top family law offices in the area. I got addicted to the legal atmosphere and the fast paced lifestyle, so here I am trying to get into law school.

In my free time I competed in Olympic Weightlifting, but that has since been on the back burner because studying is #1. Basically my life is eat, work, study with the occasional nap!

• madeleinemadeleine Alum Member
    edited October 2014 259 karma
    This is a cool post. I'm Madeleine, a re-taker getting ready for December. 7Sage has been a god-send. I've been able to get my PT scores higher than I thought possible. I'm currently a part-time graduate student at NYU, and I work as a legal assistant at a firm in New York. Both have been critical in my decision to attend law school.

The LSAT has been a part of my life for a long time now. I'm finally starting to see how important it is to maintain a good work-life balance. In my spare time, I enjoy playing piano, reading fiction, running/yoga, and a glass of good wine with the Daily Show.

I'm also a dog person but Dillon is starting to undermine this with the cute kittens.

• cole.w.murdochcole.w.murdoch Alum Member
    228 karma
    Hi all, I'm Cole, a 22 year old Ontario resident that is finishing up an undergraduate degree in Philosophy with an emphasis in ethics. I joined 7sage in May and have absolutely loved the community and the instruction that is provided here.

Outside of the classroom I like running, reading, playing WoW (hey Dillon), and the occasional philosophical debate. That last point may sometimes be a bit alcohol induced.

Anyway, those who are new here, welcome and I hope you enjoy your stay as much as I have.
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Hi Matt, Madeleine and Cole! You all live such interesting lives, wow!

@mcrblack5 Olympic Weightlifting is something I've only ever watched on TV a handful of times, that's amazing!

@madeleine How long have you been playing the piano for? What's your favourite fiction book?

@cole.w.murdoch Lok'tar Ogar! :P What server do you play on?
  • chrijani7chrijani7 Alum Member
    edited October 2014 827 karma
    Hey everyone, my name is Christian, a 23 year old Ontario resident (similar to cole.w.murdoch). I recently finished my undergrad in Business administration with a concentration in Finance and a minor in Economics. Currently I am in my MBA while I study for the LSAT. I wrote the September 2014 administration, but after the test I realized it wasn't so bad and think I could do better now that I have experienced it (not as bad as everyone thinks it is).

On my spare time I also like to game. I used to be heavy in WoW, but obviously that had to stop since I am way to busy. So now I find myself playing a lot more Hearthstone, free to play and not nearly as time consuming. Besides that I enjoy running, I am running the Detroit Free Press Half Marathon (first race ever, since I quit smoking). As weird as this may sound, I enjoy studying. I try to read as much as possible, but it's not the same as studying which is what I truly enjoy. In essence I guess what I am trying to say is I have absolutely no life lol.

Cry now, laugh later.

I have never really been an active member in an online community, but over the past year 7sage has made it really comfortable and easy for me to participate. Looking forward to the discussion and hope everyone has a good Tuesday!

edit: Oh yea, I am definitely a dog person. I love my dog.
  • madeleinemadeleine Alum Member
    259 karma
    @Dillon I've been playing since I was five! in undergrad there was a 2-3 year break, really due to no time. Now I try to cut out more time for it.

Favorite book is tough. GGM is a fav. author. Down and Out in Paris and London by George Orwell is somewhere at the top. I've also starting getting into E.L. Doctorow. Yourself?

Also, are my karma points redeemable? or do I just get good karma...
  • ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited October 2014 3658 karma
    Good question Madeleine. I feel like the "Highlander" with all these karma points. Please don't come after my head fellow 7sagers!

(I wonder if anyone got the Highlander reference...)
    12637 karma
    @chrijani7 I completely forgot about Hearthstone! I play that too! (My wife gets mad when I kick her butt in a duel. :P)

@madeleine Wow, that's so cool! I remember at one point really wanting to get into drumming, but then I discovered video games and, well...

@Al [^-^d] I haven't seen that movie in forever, haha.

Karma points don't really do anything right now other than let students know you're either a) trustworthy, since a lot of other students have upvoted you or b) you're a funny person. :P
  • DrackedaryDrackedary Member
    239 karma
    I feel I've come full circle with my career path. I wanted to be a lawyer when I was a kid. Was I the only one? Anyway, I ended up in the Army after high school before I went back to university where I finished a BA (Hon.) in history. I was working towards my PhD in history before deciding there is no financial security in academia. And then I thought about working as a psychiatric nurse since I'm paying the bills working as a guard wrestling and restraining crazy and violent people in hospitals. That was, until a former history instructor of mine, who used to be a psych nurse, suggested I look into law. My best friend, a police officer, also encouraged me to look into law.

I must say I finally feel like I found my groove towards my future. I'm actually excited about something. I think being a lawyer will be perfect for me. And I'm working my butt off to prepare for the LSAT.

For fun, I fence a lot (mostly foil and occasionally sabre) and weight train. And, as some of you may already figure out, Judge Dredd is my favourite judge.
  • orajstricklandorajstrickland Alum Member
    54 karma
    I am older (just turned 55) and hope you all don't mind if I jump in. I have already had a successful career but have wanted to go to law school my whole adult life... so I am going to do it now instead of retiring early. Have a retired husband (who did want to retire early), have two sons in college and am a cat lover. Adorable kitten Dillon! Took the LSAT in June and got 154 without a course and hope to do much better in December. I did a lot of research before buying 7Sage's course. About 1/3 through and can see how the course will help me greatly improve the score.

Amazingly, I get the "Highlander" reference. Could never get into video games... too much other stuff to do at my stage in life. But, I saw our children enjoy them immensely... and, when not doing school stuff, they still do enjoy them.

I have friends who have employed me more recently in an employee benefits health insurance agency in South Florida. They are letting me work part time negotiating and approving client and vendor contracts (with outside counsel assistance as needed) along with staying involved in healthcare reform. They are supporting my law school objectives and want me to come back to work for them full time when I have the degree. I am immensely grateful for their support. It was a difficult decision to move forward and overcome the feeling that I might be too old. With continued good health, I believe I would employ the skills for at least 10 years given the opportunity to do so.

Thanks Dillan! This is a nice break from the study routine.

Best wishes to you all with your studies and test results! J
  • Accounts PlayableAccounts Playable Live Sage
    3107 karma
    My name is David. I graduated from Indiana University this past May in accounting, finance, business economics, public policy analysis, and legal studies. I am currently in the Masters of Science in Accounting program at IU focusing on tax. I plan on getting my CPA this summer, and hopefully attending law school next fall. I took the September LSAT and I am going to retake in December (or in February if need be).

Cool fact: This past summer, I had an audit internship that required me to work in prisons. I had to interview and spend time with a lot of pretty bad dudes for about 2ish months.
  • alwaysusanalwaysusan Alum Member
    113 karma
    Good to hear from someone my age! I am 57. Took the test in September. Will take again in December. I own a Real Estate Brokerage in SW Florida. Have always wanted to be a lawyer. Now I am going to do it! 3 grown children who I raised since I became a widow in 2001. They are my inspiration to keep going.
  • Dev MockDev Mock Member
    67 karma
    My name is Devin. I recently graduated with a BA in History from USCB (in South Carolina). I took the LSAT in June of 2013, but was unhappy with my score. I knew that I would not have adequate time to study during my senior year, so I decided that I would take some time after graduation to study and save up. I am now working full-time, studying, tutoring Logic courses at my alma mater, and training for my black belt in Chun Kuk Do (I'll test for that in April).
    I haven't really been involved in the forum community on 7Sage, but I'm trying to start. This seemed like a great place to begin. Thanks for posting this, Dillon.
    12637 karma
    You are all so much cooler than I am.
    827 karma
    Dillon, what class do you play on Hearthstone? I have been crushing it with mage, but the current meta (hunters&zoos) kind of makes the game boring, no skill, just faceroll & win.
  • adrian.mikoadrian.miko Alum Member
    191 karma
    Hello Everyone!

I'm Adrian, a recent graduate in Economics and Finance at the University of Guelph.
    I have been a part of the 7sage community since mid July. Totally wish I had found this place earlier, but better late than never, right? Apart from my LSAT life, I play competitive soccer and enjoy playing guitar.

Wishing you all happy studies and great results :)
  • DrackedaryDrackedary Member
    239 karma
    @Dillon A. Wright

You work for 7Sage - that's pretty cool in and of itself!
    12637 karma
    @chrijani7 I've been playing a lot of Paladin and Shaman and getting by pretty well! Hunters are annoying to go against. Priests like to give me trouble too. :(

@adrian.miko Soccer used to be my favourite sport when I was younger! I'm totally terrible at it, though.

@Drackedary Working for 7Sage is pretty great, you're right!
  • tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma
    Hey guys! Am I the oldest here??? LOL I'm 31. I've known since I was a fourth grader that I would be an attorney. My teacher had our classroom set up like a city and guess who was the attorney? Me! I've been hooked since. I took the LSAT once back in 08. It was all bad. Just bad. I wasn't prepared and I was diagnosed with cancer five days prior to taking the test. I still don't think to this day that I have ever told anyone my score! LOL Anway, I've been studying now off and on for a year due to more health issues but it's all good! I'm back and better now! I beat cancer and I'll d@mn sure beat the LSAT! 7Sage is just awesome. I tell everyone every chance I get to forget any of the other stuff and go with 7Sage. I don't recall how I stumbled across 7Sage but I'm glad I did! I've been working as a paralegal in different areas since 07. I recently moved into the IT world. I'd like to merge the two. Good luck to everyone in their studies!! We got this!
    827 karma
    @tanes25 I wish you all the best with your studies. If you can dominate cancer, I am 100% positive you can dominate this mind fuck of a test! Very inspiring story,only hope to hear further great news.
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    Myyyyy name is Megan :) I am 23 from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. I have my undergrad majoring in psychology and minoring in biological sciences. I, at first, wanted to be a evolutionary research psychology, looking at homosexual mate preference and aggression, but.... alas, I switched paths to law after working at a law firm for a year and a half.

I am a ABBA bikini body builder in my spare time, I play soccer, and I work full time :). I'm grateful to have found such a wonderful LSAT community! We can do this!!
  • CourtneyJohnson1920CourtneyJohnson1920 Free Trial Member
    3 karma
    Hey I'm Courtney. I'm 24 and from Queens, New York. After a few years away from school, I finally decided to get back in the groove of things and I'll be receiving my BA in English: World Literature this December.

I actually found 7Sage while looking for cost effective classes for my boyfriend who is currently a paralegal at a pretty awesome law firm in the city. I started playing around with the site to see if it would benefit him and found that it would benefit me! I look forward to the word play and theory in the classes. I guess the excitement comes with being an English major.

I do a lot of work with non-profit organizations and hope to kick major ass (excuse my language) on the LSAT so I can be a reliable connection between the worlds of Law and Non-Profit. I'm building my own organization and am super excited to say that I will be receiving funding from a sponsoring organization this November! When they cut the check I'll reveal their name. lol.

Anyway, I'm just happy to be here and want to learn as much as possible so I can attain the highest score possible on this exam.
  • cjonescjones Alum Member
    48 karma
    Hi Everyone,
    My name's Colby and I'm a thirty-something that has decided that a career change is definitely necessary. I forget how I found 7Sage, but I am glad that I did since it has been one of the best educational experiences in my life. I've loved every minute of the learning here, and it really helped me to improve my LSAT score over previous prep tests. I live in a small town in Idaho - - very religious community with only a few of us atheists around, so online communities like this have been a real lifesaver!
  • mikemike Free Trial Member
    540 karma
    Hi Everyone,

I'm Mike Kim. I'm a teacher in my late thirties and I live in the L.A. area. Some of you may be familiar with my work. :)

I'm not a 7Sage student...but I came upon this thread and really enjoyed reading everyone's posts and just wanted to say a quick hi -- hope you all don't mind me crashing the party.

I also wanted to mention that I am a giant fan of J.Y., Alan, and everyone else at 7Sage, and having been in this business for quite a while, I have a deep appreciation for what they've added to the LSAT prep community. And I love the culture that's been created here amongst students -- I think it's very reflective of what the company itself seems to be all about. So, I just wanted to show my support for all of you, and wish you the all the best -- MK
  • ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    3658 karma
    Whoa Mike! I have your book.
    540 karma
    Hope you are enjoying it!
    12637 karma
    Wow, hi @Mike! Glad to have you here!
  • SapphireSapphire Alum Member
    289 karma
    Hi Guys. My name is Christiana and I hail from Brooklyn, NY. Im 22 and started studying for the LSAT over the summer. I plan on taking the February LSAT and for some reason am very excited abou that. I recently graduated from college with a BA in French Language and Civilization and Arabic Studies. I enjoy traveling, learning about history, astronomy, and knitting in my spare time (very spare time). I wish to become a human rights attorney with the hopes of someday working both at home and in Africa. And Im so glad I found this website because if not I would have no chance on exam day. I can honestly say that my score has shot up by about 24 points since I've discovered this site. It's nice to meet all of you!
    540 karma
    Thanks for the welcome Dillon -- and Sapphire, 24 points is amazing! -- I'm sure you've put a lot of work in -- congrats.
    289 karma
    Thanks Mike! I'm getting there!!
    12637 karma
    All of you all lead such interesting lives! I'm jealous!
  • Iggy MinajIggy Minaj Alum Member
    52 karma
    What a cool forum! My name is Tamar and I'm from Brooklyn, NY (like @Sapphire). I graduated from Columbia in May with a B.A. in Comp Lit & Society. I spent junior year abroad in Paris where I studied French colonization of North and West Africa, the Caribbean, and European colonization in general. Spending time in Paris, Morocco, and Senegal really got me interested in the ramifications that different legal systems have on oppressed/marginalized peoples in their respective countries. I know that's pretty general, but that's why I'm interested in the law.

I don't play WoW, but I loooooove cats! And 7Sage is awesome! The only math class I took in college was statistics, so I was at a severe disadvantage when it came to analytical reasoning in LG (LR and RC were decent to begin with and now pretty good). I'm improving so much in LG and that would not have been possible on my own!
    289 karma
    omg iggy we should study together when I return from Paris in December!
  • Iggy MinajIggy Minaj Alum Member
    52 karma
    I just messaged you :)
  • StephanieTStephanieT Alum Member
    64 karma
    Hi All. My name is Stephanie. I attended Michigan State University for undergrad and received a doctoral degree in clinical psychology in Boston with a concentration in forensics. I mostly perform court ordered psych assessment, fitness for duty evals for police officers, and custody evaluations, but I also dabble in competency and criminal responsibility. Like Iggy, I have an interest in working with marginalized populations. I'm temporarily living in Wilmington, NC where my husband is stationed with the Navy, but I am up in my favorite city of Boston any chance I get for fun and expert witness testimony (e.g., today) and hope to return to Massachusetts for law school. My favorite things include speaking Spanish, making gourmet vegan food, my "Ready for Hillary" bumper sticker, and not receiving the same score on LSAT practice tests five times in a row. I'm a huge fan of 7Sage's teaching methods and the community here. JY - if you ever make it out to Wilmington or Boston I would be happy to hook you up with a free intelligence test for MENSA (if you're not already a member), as you would most definitely qualify. Good luck everyone!
  • J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    13940 karma
    Hey guys! I'm so late to this. But this is so great. Seriously amazing. You guys are so interesting! I've been in my cave for the past week+ trying to finish all the videos for PT 73 in time for the Nov. 1st release so basically I've done nothing but ignore emails, record videos, sleep, mastur...cate that's a fancy word for chew/eat because I need to masticate to live. See the point of my existence here on this earth is to take food, masticate it all up in my mouth, and turn it into LSAT videos and poo.

What a wonderful change of pace to be looking at this instead on the internet!

@Mike, you're a boss. Seriously, thank you for putting a book out there that stands in a league of its own. One of our student - "ours" in the way that a love child would be considered "ours" - he (or she!) goes by "kraft.phillip" on 7Sage and s/he merged the three categories of mistakes which I believe you taught him via the Trainer with Blind Review. Amazing results, just like a mixed race kid. Actually, statistically, LSAC reports that mixed race kids out perform every other race. This is true fact. So that got me thinking. You're Korean-American. I'm Chinese-American. So if we did have a kid together, they'd be 1/8 Korean, 1/8 Chinese, 1/4 American, and 1/2 LSAT. Please consider it. We have the technology.

@orajstrickland, you're an inspiration. If people half your age had even half your motivation and drive, we'd all be better for it. I hope that when I'm 55, I'll still be brave and energetic enough to tackle new challenges. Hobbes was 63 when he published Leviathan, one of the greatest Western works on government.

@Tamar, go Lions! I actually am not sure why we all say that. Columbia has like the worst teams... everything just everything sucks. Except fencing. We kick ass at fencing. Or stab. We will stab or slash your ass in fencing.

@Dillon, I love cats too but cats don't love me back, so I settle for dogs cause they're desperate for love. Hmmmm... this sounds dangerously similar to my love life... maybe we should talk about Dota. I'm very bad at Dota. So I stopped playing. The good news is that I am no longer bad at Dota.

@Stephanie, I was having an awesome take on a LR video today when in the middle of it I said "see, the plant manager, that's what his argumen... fuck. goddamn it." I deleted that take, shot another, and corrected my error. This is because of you. :) I also swore just now because of you. Thank you for supporting me and providing me with wonderfully constructive criticism. If I ever meet you in Boston, you are not going to make me take a test at MENSA because why the fuck would you do that to me? You would rather buy me a drink. *jedi mind control hand wave*

@allother7sagers, SORRY! I definitely read everything and chuckled at a lot of it. I love you all!
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    wasnt going to post here... really no reason I just didnt feel like it, but wanted to say how I chuckled at J.Y.'s post bc it is awesome lol, love seeing personalities in posts (dont see this much on TLS bc well, its just a hostile place sometimes lol)

anyways, Im 22, graduated last May with my degree in Business Admin. Taking a year off from school bc I just didn't really think about the LSAT as I should have(or at all really) until after graduation. I work at a small law office doing pretty much paralegal stuff, still learning as I've only been here for about 2 months now. I swam in school and love it, though LSAT is a terrible thing and I am getting fat again :/ any free time I have I feel guilty if Im not at my desk with my materials. I used to play WOW, have a few private server accounts, WOTLK was da bomb. though no time to play lately which may be a good thing lol, that game consumed me back in HS.... so yeah thats me... Hi /wave
  • StephanieTStephanieT Alum Member
    64 karma
    @J.Y. - Wicked excited for the female plant manager video (even without swearing). Girl power ; )
    12637 karma
    Jesus Christ J.Y., I think I just woke up the house laughing.
  • garvelo89garvelo89 Member
    edited January 2015 35 karma
    My name is Gustavo, I am 25 and currently trying my best to get into a decent law school in Florida. I graduated UCF earlier this year. I was originally studying biology, became a bio tutor for my school, but after taking courses in Ancient history/law courses I fell in love with that and switched my major. I went into business administration and minored in humanities and read books on Ancient Rome when I am bored. I also enjoy helping my girlfriend out with the verbal section of the GMAT. xD I love the outdoors. I love to fish, hunt, hike and camp. 7sage has helped me so much and everyone here is awesome! @Dillon, I play WoW as well! FOR THE HORDE! Undead warrior here :) haha.
    2654 karma
    @garvelo89 ... we're 12 days into the year, when the hell did you graduate?! O.o jk :) btw warriors are boring :D
  • garvelo89garvelo89 Member
    35 karma
    @jdawg113 My head is still in 2014, haha. Seriously, blizzard butchered my precious arms spec, and ruined glad stance, and now I'm stuck playing fury. Ughhh. Ah well. Arms glory days are over, but I will never re-roll!
    12637 karma
    @garvelo89 @jdawg113 Prot is still fun if you like tanking. :P I got my orc warrior to 100 last week, having fun tanking with her.
  • sniemanmbasniemanmba Alum Member
    37 karma
    Hiiii! My name is Sarah, I'm 33 and I might be the longest registered 7Sage user without ever actually taking the test. I'm finally taking it in February! I have a Bachelor's degree from Indiana University and an MBA from IU as well. Go Hoosiers! I left a job traveling for a well-known handbag company to (re)join the financial industry doing what I like to call "charts & graphs." I'm a huge Harry Potter nerd and a fan of all things that cause my friends to laugh at me - which they do often. I've stated since I was a kid that I want to be an attorney when I grow up, so I figure now is the time. Plus, my dad tells me that I am "relentless," so it seems like the right thing to do, right? :)
  • sbc.mom_3xsbc.mom_3x Alum Member
    1501 karma
    I love the diversity. I'm 26; single mother of two boys both under 3. I've always wanted to be an attorney. Was afraid of failure. Having two children, I caught myself already telling them that they can do & be whatever they want in life & nothing can stop them. One night I told my toddler that as I tucked him in bed then I shut his door & got tears in my eyes as I realized I would look like a liar if I don't act on my own advice. They are my motivation. I'm about 16 months shy of completing under grad in liberal arts & I'm taking the lsat this June. What better way to prove to my children that dreams are attainable with courage & hard work than by doing so myself? I work in a courthouse as a case manager of criminal & civil cases & was a paralegal to an attorney for 3 years. All these years I've felt disappointed in myself for not chasing my dreams & am tired of being the paper pusher/ secretary & sitting on the sidelines watching others do exactly what I want! So, I won't let the fear of striking out keep me from playing the game. :)
  • RM112015RM112015 Free Trial Member
    192 karma
    @hmccabe1214. Amazing story! Good luck with everything.
  • mattmc128mattmc128 Alum Member
    7 karma
    Hey y'all my name's Matt, I graduated from Florida State in 2011 with a degree in English (focusing on literature). I was burnt out on school so I decided to join the Marines; my original plan was to become an officer and make a career out of it. After a few years I realized the infantry life wasn't for me and decided to pursue my original goal of becoming a lawyer. Currently, I am deployed to the Pacific, I bounce around from the Philippines, South Korea and Japan, trying divide my time between two rigorous schedules, studying and the Marines. I plan on taking the LSAT upon my return to the U.S. and the flexibility of this study program has been a Godsend for someone in my line of work! Best of luck to y''all and I look forward to getting to know y'all!
    2654 karma
    @mattmc128 GL Matt and thanks for serving
  • CallMeJazzyCallMeJazzy Alum Member
    65 karma
    This is an awesome post, Dillon. I have really, really enjoyed reading about other folk's backgrounds and motivations. It's been a little push to reinvigorate my studies--so that's pretty nice.

My name is Jasmine. I graduated from Elon University almost 2 years ago with degrees in Political Science and International Studies. Just like a few others, I've wanted to be a lawyer since I was a kid (7 to be exact) then I took a Intro Law class as an undergrad and promptly scratched that idea. Currently, I work on the progressive side of the economic justice movement as a community organizer. I love, love, love what I do but it's not what I see myself doing in 10 years.

Through my job I've had the opportunity to work with and around several lawyers at non-profits that we partner with and I've gotten to see the real utility of why they're needed in political movements. I also have tremendous respect for these people and their work. So about a year ago I picked the idea of law school back up and started to tinker with it. I went and got The LSAT Trainer by Mike Kim and went full-tilt for about 4 months (It's a seriously, badass book btw). However, last year was a really, really tough year and I just wasn't able to make the September LSAT (I had an anxiety attack about 2 weeks before and it spiraled on and on and on). So I took some time off. I got through election season and the holidays and here I am again, shooting for the June test.

7sage has been an awesome experience and something of a godsend for my morale & excitement for the test. So. I'll be around for the next little while...creeping on the boards and stealing all of your good study tips (and also studying, I suppose).
  • shine.on.meshine.on.me Alum Member
    463 karma
    Oh what fun. Sorry this is going to be long. I ramble.

My name is Franky. I live and work in Charlotte, NC. And I will turn 30 on January 20. I have a BA in History from NC State University. I officially graduated in 2010 but finished most of my course work in December 2008. I had one class I failed by only a few points and it took me some time to retake it for multiple reasons. When I left undergrad, I wanted to take some time off to assess what I wanted to do but law school was one of the possible directions I could go. After working a part-time job in retail throughout college, I fell into a career in customer service. I took about a semester and a half of paralegal courses and enjoyed it but did not have money or time to continue. Furthermore, I was told the ABA approved program I was in was law school on speed. I made the decision that if I was going to work in the legal field I was going to be an attorney. But I did not pursue it seriously, that was 2011. Fast forward to Spring 2014, I was unhappily working in a large call center for a life insurance company and I had a dream that I went to law school (in PA but not the point). I told my coworker about the dream and she asked "Is that really that far-fetched?" and I replied "No, not really." That experience started my serious pursuing of law school. I got fired on May 30, 2014 and was smiling on my way out; that solidified my desire to go to law school. I studied for the LSAT all summer but still found time to slack off. I actually ran out of time to even review RC at all. But I went ahead and took the September 2014 LSAT. Not surprisingly, I didn't perform well. I went back to work October 6. And I took the next few months off from even thinking about the LSAT and law school and considered not going at all. I got dumped week of Thanksgiving for not having my life in order at nearly 30 and I cried for a week. I made the final decision that I truthfully want to be an attorney. It wasn't because I thought I could get my life in order through law school. The decision was just made easier through being single again. My mind was not clouded anymore by the affection I felt towards my significant other. I was able to think clearly about my affection towards research, law, details, and history. Right before I took the LSAT in September, I found JY's excellent LG explanation videos on YouTube. The videos were able to bring clarity to concepts that had confused me when they appeared in my PowerScore Bibles. I further delved into 7Sage and started the free trial course. I was hooked after just a few lessons. I used my Christmas bonus to register for the 7Sage Starter course. I plan upgrading to Premium this week. I will probably upgrade to Ultimate eventually but not sure yet. I have started my lessons and based off taking the June 2007 PT I am already seeing an improvement. I have very little free time between work and studying for the LSAT but I like to knit when I get the time. I play with my puppy (I'm a dog person) and my niece any chance I get. My life is work, eat, sleep, study for LSAT. Who knows where I will be when I retake in June or October. I'm aiming for a 165 or higher and I think it may be possible but I have a lot of work to do. I am excited about what the future holds.