Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Re-drilling questions

I am afraid I will use up all my LR questions while drilling in the span of 7 months. Is drilling questions already drilled beneficial. If not, any suggestions? I have the power score question type workbook that I use as well as 7Sage drill questions.

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27866 karma

At a certain point, drilling question types isn't very helpful anymore, so I don't think it's a major issue. At a certain level of proficiency, you'll want to drill sections. When you start on that, you'll definitely come across questions you've previously drilled, but it's fine. Force yourself to go through the process of arriving at the correct understanding. Actually, this is a really beneficial exercise in any case, and I'd recommend doing it even if you did have unlimited material.

• Adam JarmanAdam Jarman Member
    19 karma

@"Cant Get Right" What point would you consider drilling sections at a time? After I have completed CC? Also, would you recommend drilling only sections from old PTs?

27866 karma

Once your BR is consistently above your target score, you're probably good to transition to mostly full section drills. It's not a strict cutoff though. If you still don't understand a certain question type, then you need to address that, but that's generally about the time your errors should no longer be so directly correlated to question types. And yeah, generally, you want to drill with older material. Once you've got a lot of PTs behind you, you can start using retakes as well.

19 karma

@"Cant Get Right" BR of question types is above my target score? Sorry I am confused lol

27866 karma

Nah, that's for once you start PTing. BR for your PTs. Or I guess we could be a little more specific and say BR for you LR sections. That's way down the line though, so for now just know that it's okay if you use up your drill sets. Plus, you can always upgrade and get more if you need.

19 karma

Awesome, thanks for the info!