Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GPA Question

lmekahellmekahel Alum Member

Hi,
Was wondering how big of an impact a 3.65 GPA is vs a 3.66 GPA is for Law schools. I'm debating if I should take an extra class to raise my GPA, but I also want to make sure that I can get straight A's, not stress out too much, and study a little for the LSATs when I dont have midterms or finals. I'm kind of wondering what you guys think if taking the extra class is worth the headache?

Comments

• The 180 Bro_OVOThe 180 Bro_OVO Alum Inactive ⭐
    1392 karma

If the class is going to add significant stress and lead for you to get lower grades overall, I can't see how it would be a decent idea.

• lmekahellmekahel Alum Member
    edited April 2017 161 karma

Well lets say that I can get my GPA up from instead of 3.65 to a 3.66 would it be worth it?

How big of a difference would law schools look at a .01 difference?

• Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Yearly Member
    1762 karma

You want to make sure that gpa of yours is pristine af. If there's a chance of stress and headache that can affect it, id pass on the extra class. Once you graduate you cant change your gpa.

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma

@nanchito said:
    You want to make sure that gpa of yours is pristine af. If there's a chance of stress and headache that can affect it, id pass on the extra class. Once you graduate you cant change your gpa.

Yup! I would also add that people who take extra classes to raise their GPA do so if it can impact it more than. 01. I would pass on this.

• d.c.webb89d.c.webb89 Member
    18 karma

More time and effort on the LSAT is probably worth more than the time that would be put into earning a .01 increase in GPA.

• Harrison_PavHarrison_Pav Alum Member
    218 karma

I think .01 is fairly insignificant. I'd suggest instead of taking an extra class, take sometime to build up your application in another form. Maybe get some extra volunteer hours or something else like that. I'm also happy to hear that I'm not the only one taking this test while they're in their undergrad. Good luck studying!

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

I don't think it matters much either to be honest. Take the time to study. Studying while at university is already very stressful and can effect a lot of things. If it is only going to raise you up that much, I don't think it's worth it.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma

Yeah, I wouldn't go out of my for 0.01.