Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can you apply to schools in Sept?

I attended David B's webinar and he suggested we apply to schools in Oct/Nov but is it possible to apply in Sept?

Comments

• rafaelitorafaelito Alum Member
    1063 karma

@stephgmeister said:
    I attended David B's webinar and he suggested we apply to schools in Oct/Nov but is it possible to apply in Sept?

I believe you can yes. Most schools say the exact date when they start taking applications on their websites in any case. :)

• Mellow_ZMellow_Z Alum Member
    1997 karma

I think some Schools open registrations in September. There is no harm in doing it that early. Just check the individual schools website for their open dates.

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    edited April 2017 3112 karma

Yup! Most schools open applications on or before September 15th so you can submit whenever they open

• theLSATdreamertheLSATdreamer Alum Member
    1287 karma

I'll be that guy standing in front of the school on Sept 15 at 6am " PLEASE ACCEPT ME !! ILL PAY"

• AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    1917 karma

I posted this podcast just the other day on another thread, but I'll repost it here. It is two highly respected former admissions officers talking about application timing.

http://blog.spiveyconsulting.com/podcast-when-is-it-early-when-is-it-late-in-the-admissions-cycle/

Basically, nearly all law school admissions staff are out visiting college campuses in September and October, so most applications submitted that early go unread. Many schools do not begin the true review process until after Thanksgiving break. They recount anecdotes about how several students who submit early ended up revising their application because of mistakes that were made in haste.

Any application submitted before early November will be early enough. Make sure you put in the time to really proof read your application and have it up to a standard of excellence.

• stephgmeisterstephgmeister Alum Member
    100 karma

@AllezAllez21 thank you so much for your post! What is the name of this podcast? Are they on stitcher? I have very little data on my phone plan but love being able to listen to podcasts. Any other law school ones you recommend?
    Thanks!

-Steph

• dennisgerrarddennisgerrard Member
    edited May 2017 1644 karma

@"Stephanie Simeon" Spivey Consulting is a good boost for your application. The team is made up of professional former admission officers.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Yes, many schools have registration that opens sometime in mid-late September.

• AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    1917 karma

@stephgmeister

As Dennis mentioned, it's from Spivey Consulting. They're not a dedicated podcast per se, just a general admissions consulting firm. I'd recommend googling them and reading their blogs, etc.

I don't listen to any other podcasts on the LSAT. I've heard that the Thinking LSAT Podcast is decent, but I haven't listened to it myself.