Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advice on Accommodations Statement of Need

lsatgurl101lsatgurl101 Free Trial Member
in General 6 karma

Hi everyone,

I'm applying for accommodations for the June exam and was just wondering if someone who has applied before could provide some guidance. I have the "qualified professional" statement ready to go, but is it necessary to also send my own statement ("Candidate Statement of Need") as well? If so, any tips for how to write a decent candidate statement? Many thanks!

Comments

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

You should reach out to @"theLSATdreamer " he was just granted one.

• extramediumextramedium Alum Member
    419 karma

Yeah it's in the requirements. Tell them what condition you have and the symptoms.

• theLSATdreamertheLSATdreamer Alum Member
    1287 karma

Hello there .. Yeah i just got accepted for mine, I had a small statement just explaining what its like for me, and then I had two professional statements. apply asap and also be patient bc twhen they say they'll respond within 14 days they mean it it took them all 14 days to decide i was going crazy waiting for the answer.

• extramediumextramedium Alum Member
    419 karma

@extramedium said:
    Yeah it's in the requirements. Tell them what condition you have and the symptoms.

Also make it sound as bad as possible without lying. I know this goes against LSAT logic, but strong language is helpful here. :smile:

Personal statement and statement from doctor should be enough. If you tell your doctor just how bad it is, she'll probably make a stronger case in her statement as well.