LR Tutoring with Sage Josh Cant Get Right | PT 35 | Monday, August 21, 7:30pm EDT

Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
edited August 2017 in Study Groups 27809 karma

LR Tutoring with Sage Josh

https://media.giphy.com/media/qKltgF7Aw515K/giphy.gif

So what will be going down in these meetings and what do you need to do to prepare?

These classes are a live, Sage guided forum to help address whatever it is you're studying within LR. We'll use older tests to work through questions, discuss question types, break down argument structures, and analyze answer choices. We'll also talk general LR strategy and pacing. To prepare, just use whatever portion of the week's homework that is relevant to your current studies.

This week's homework: PT 35 Logical Reasoning

LR Tutoring with Sage Josh - PT 35
Monday, August 21, 7:30 PM EDT

Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/853312053

You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (872) 240-3212

Access Code: 853-312-053

First GoToMeeting? Try a test session: http://help.citrix.com/getready

Comments

• danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma

Cool idea!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

I'm down with this!

• Bevs ScooterMinionBevs ScooterMinion Alum Member
    edited April 2017 1018 karma

More dreamy drawl with a weekly oldie PT goal? YES PLEASE!! :smiley:

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma
  • Grace...Grace... Alum Member
    edited April 2017 339 karma

Thank you Josh for taking it on. I will be there.

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma

@"Cant Get Right" said:

(Just kidding, of course. Buffalo was never any good.)

http://i.imgur.com/UGcFwBv.gif

• annannannannannann Alum Member
    304 karma

This is awesome! Really wish this was PST T_T

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma

@"montaha.rizeq" said:

@"Cant Get Right" said:

(Just kidding, of course. Buffalo was never any good.)

http://i.imgur.com/UGcFwBv.gif

I mean, how do you lose four super bowls in a row!?

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma

@"Cant Get Right" said:

I mean, how do you lose four super bowls in a row!?

https://media.giphy.com/media/l0Exc2KUt5v7XM6Xe/giphy.gif

1018 karma

lol

• apublicdisplayapublicdisplay Alum Member
    696 karma

I have to be that guy who asks if this will be recorded and provided for later viewing.

• Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Yearly Member
    edited April 2017 1762 karma

OOOOO nice. What pts do you consider oldies? like 30 and down? Can we get a schedule too of what pts you're going to look at?

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

Do we use the same dial- in for next Monday's?

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

...Also my mom used Sweatin to the Oldies as her workout when I was a kid and the gif is giving me so much life ... that is all.

27809 karma

@apublicdisplay said:
    I have to be that guy who asks if this will be recorded and provided for later viewing.

No, these will not be recorded.

@nanchito said:
    OOOOO nice. What pts do you consider oldies? like 30 and down? Can we get a schedule too of what pts your going to look at?

Hey N!, I think I'm going to work my way up sequentially from 17, so that'll be the schedule.

@tringo335 said:
    Do we use the same dial- in for next Monday's?

I'll post a new thread with a new link at some point in the next couple of days.

@tringo335 said:
    ...Also my mom used Sweatin to the Oldies as her workout when I was a kid and the gif is giving me so much life ... that is all.

It's a classic! Did anybody else see all the stuff with Richard Simmons recently? There was a lot of speculation that he was being held hostage by his housekeeper or something. Sounded to me like the guy just wants to be left alone for a little while, lol.

• Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Yearly Member
    1762 karma

@"Cant Get Right" Ok, I love it.

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

OK it could be that I'm a little lazy and cranky because I haven't had my afternoon coffee yet, but has the PT for the upcoming Monday session been specified? I am assuming it is PT 18 but juuuust want to double check. Thanks! @"Cant Get Right"

27809 karma

@jkatz1488 said:
    I am assuming it is PT 18 but juuuust want to double check. Thanks! @"Cant Get Right"

Correct!

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma

Might want to update the thread title for the next session! (Unless you're making a new thread, then ignore me :P)

27809 karma

@"Dillon A. Wright" said:
    Might want to update the thread title for the next session! (Unless you're making a new thread, then ignore me :P)

A new thread was the original plan, but now that you mention it, keeping this same thread seems way more reasonable than creating a new one each week.

27809 karma

Updated for next week!

• nessa.k13.0nessa.k13.0 Inactive ⭐
    4141 karma

@allanisrael this is the review I mentioned :smile:

• allanisraelallanisrael Alum Member
    98 karma

Great!

1018 karma

Sweet!

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    edited April 2017 9372 karma

This sounds like a great idea. Are you doing this every week? I hope to join you on April 24 (PT19)!

27809 karma

@akistotle said:
    This sounds like a great idea. Are you doing this every week? I hope to join you on April 24 (PT19)!

Every week, yep!

1018 karma

@"theLSATdreamer " here's the thread to watch. The man with the plan is Cant Get Right.

I can't say enough good stuff about this study group! The tips are endless (I learned lots from other students too) and the gains are plenty!

• RunawayJuryRunawayJury Alum Member
    edited April 2017 143 karma

@"Cant Get Right" Thanks for doing this, sounds like a great idea.
    I just wanted to clarify..Are we supposed to do this PT under timed conditions and then join the study session (kind of like the BR study groups? or just print the PT and join?

27809 karma

Hey all, I forgot to update the link!

Give me a few minutes and I'll post with a new link and let you know when to join!

1018 karma

Ain't nuttin happenin... same gotomeeting link?

27809 karma

Oldies but Goodies

Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
    https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/853312053

You can also dial in using your phone.
    United States: +1 (872) 240-3212

Access Code: 853-312-053

First GoToMeeting? Try a test session: http://help.citrix.com/getready

27809 karma

Ready!

1018 karma

Ah, new link

27809 karma

Ok, link is posted above and also corrected in the main post. I've got it set up as a recurring meeting now so this link won't expire for next time.

5320 karma

@"Cant Get Right" Thanks for holding these sessions. Tonight was great and I appreciate the format of these sessions because it makes it much easier to fold into my weekly review.

• H O ThomasH O Thomas Alum Member
    204 karma

@"Cant Get Right" Thank you so much for letting me struggle and joke my way through Q21 (the attribution paintings question). You steered me onto the right path, and I fee like I owned that question. I really needed that pick-me-up after my recent LSAT struggle/rut.

Also, jazz and big band music is my thing. Fite me lol.

10774 karma

@"H O Thomas" said:
    @"Cant Get Right" Thank you so much for letting me struggle and joke my way through Q21 (the attribution paintings question). You steered me onto the right path, and I fee like I owned that question. I really needed that pick-me-up after my recent LSAT struggle/rut.

awww lol you wait to tell him about Jazz now after its all over?

204 karma

@Sami said:

@"H O Thomas" said:

I did mention it during the review, but I didn't pursue it because any minor distraction would have resulted in me losing all train of thought.

That single question fried my brain hard. I'm just really glad all of the other answers were "very wrong" lol. Had we approached it as a strengthening question, I would have been lost. Going at it as a weakening was the best approach.

27809 karma

Haha, sorry to have hated on your jazz! I used to play trombone in a jazz band if it helps! Now if we're talking Dixie Land Jazz, that changes everything. I even like Miles and Thelonious and a lot of the old guys, just not all this contemporary cerebral jazz. When Jazz is great, it's great. When it's anything less, it's awful!

10774 karma

@"H O Thomas" said:

@Sami said:

@"H O Thomas" said:

I did mention it during the review, but I didn't pursue it because any minor distraction would have resulted in me losing all train of thought.

lol. That makes sense. But I think we shouldn't lose any opportunity to give @"Cant Get Right" a hard time. :joy:

That single question fried my brain hard. I'm just really glad all of the other answers were "very wrong" lol. Had we approached it as a strengthening question, I would have been lost. Going at it as a weakening was the best approach.

- Yeah, that question was definitely weird, the stem and the stimulus! But I am glad we got it. I was looking at Manhattan Forum about how they classified it and it was kind of interesting because their approach was there is no conclusion in the stimulus as they are all facts. So we just need to strengthen the point/conclusion stated in the question itself. :confounded: lol I am just glad LSAT has done away this such crappy way of asking questions. But if it comes back we will be ready :smiley:

@"Cant Get Right" said:
    Haha, sorry to have hated on your jazz! I used to play trombone in a jazz band if it helps! Now if we're talking Dixie Land Jazz, that changes everything. I even like Miles and Thelonious and a lot of the old guys, just not all this contemporary cerebral jazz. When Jazz is great, it's great. When it's anything less, it's awful!

lol What I see here is someone trying to qualify their conclusion to smooth any issues. I don't remember any such statements made last night. @"H O Thomas" can testify to that. :joy:

204 karma

@Sami said:

@"H O Thomas" said:

@Sami said:

@"H O Thomas" said:

lol. That makes sense. But I think we shouldn't lose any opportunity to give @"Cant Get Right" a hard time. :joy:

- Yeah, that question was definitely weird, the stem and the stimulus! But I am glad we got it. I was looking at Manhattan Forum about how they classified it and it was kind of interesting because their approach was there is no conclusion in the stimulus as they are all facts. So we just need to strengthen the point/conclusion stated in the question itself. :confounded: lol I am just glad LSAT has done away this such crappy way of asking questions. But if it comes back we will be ready :smiley:

@"Cant Get Right" said:

lol What I see here is someone trying to qualify their conclusion to smooth any issues. I don't remember any such statements made last night. @"H O Thomas" can testify to that. :joy:

I can neither confirm nor deny the actions of any such events without the Secretary's approval.

• ileeilee Member
    26 karma

Is it possible to do an hour/1.5 hours later? I'd love to join but am on the west coast and work until 5 PM. Much appreciated!!

• 524 karma

@"Cant Get Right" I'm in the same boat as @ilee. If you can't move the time, are the sessions still typically going after about an hour? Thanks!

• dennisgerrarddennisgerrard Member
    1644 karma

The time is fine with me. But what we need to do before attending this session?

• sarahmelton6sarahmelton6 Alum Member
    169 karma

I hope to join in, this sounds great!

5320 karma

@dennisgerrard You don't need to do anything in particular, but many of us use the PT being covered that week for our prep. Some people take the PT under timed, test day conditions, others drill it to pieces -- both are fine for the purposes of these sessions. In fact, even if you've never seen the PT before, you could still benefit because we do the questions live.

27809 karma

@dennisgerrard What @jkatz1488 said.

My hope is that you won't do anything to change your independent studies for these meetings. Just do whatever you'd be doing on your own, and throw the upcoming Oldie in as a part of your source material. I want to adapt the study group to you, not for you to adapt to the study group!

27809 karma

For folks wanting the later start time, these will go for at least three hours, so my hope is to start early enough that east coast isn't too late but that west coast can make it. If east coast needs to leave early or if west coast needs to come in late, that's perfectly fine. Let's plan to discuss the start time at the next meeting and we'll see what works best. See y'all there!

• ileeilee Member
    26 karma

@"Cant Get Right" thanks for being so accommodating! Can the discussion re start time be after 5 PM PST? ha

• dennisgerrarddennisgerrard Member
    1644 karma

Thanks!