Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thoughts on Score Progression

culv.carlieculv.carlie Member
in General 24 karma

Anyone think 10 points can be gained in the next two months of LSAT prep? I am at 159 right now after 2nd PT and hoped to reach close to 169 by June test. I'm missing over half on Games right now & simple mistakes on LR, so I plan on drilling that a lot between now and test day. Thoughts or previous experiences with this are much appreciated!

Comments

• AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    1917 karma

Absolutely possible. Especially if your weakest section is games. If you do the foolproof method, you should be able to make solid improvement in two months.

I have increased my score by 13 points (from diagnostic to last 3 PT avg) since I started the CC in early February.

I would just say, if you're not consistently scoring above your target score by the time June comes, seriously consider waiting for a later test date.

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma

@"culv.carlie" said:
    Anyone think 10 points can be gained in the next two months of LSAT prep? I am at 159 right now after 2nd PT and hoped to reach close to 169 by June test. I'm missing over half on Games right now & simple mistakes on LR, so I plan on drilling that a lot between now and test day. Thoughts or previous experiences with this are much appreciated!

I agree with everything above. It's definitely possible to jump and its a lot more doable when logic games is the issue. So keep going and fool proofing games. Also keep blind reviewing and breaking down LR as well, they will both need to improve to make your average higher so you can comfortable score around your target score on test day.

• sarahmelton6sarahmelton6 Alum Member
    169 karma

Thoughts or previous experiences with this are much appreciated!

Absolutely possible. Just focus on your lessons and try not to think ahead about test day too much. I have been drilling Logic Games recently and I feel like the light bulb is turning on. It just comes with practice. You will recognize how the rules play out on your game board and you will start to pick up speed as you master the concepts. You got this!!

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

Hi! I agree with the sentiment above. I would be as keen as possible in identifying your weaknesses. Drilling your weaknesses is how you're going make the biggest leaps in your studies. When you start to improve, be aware that your weaknesses will shift and you will have to shift your focus as well (which is a good thing).

Either way, while it is possible. I wouldn't put too much pressure on yourself and your studies. The best thing you can do is take it when you are ready.

• culv.carlieculv.carlie Member
    24 karma

Thank you all for your input and encouragement! I'll continue to drill logic games and LR. Question analytics is definitely helping to pin-point my weak spots. Thanks, guys!