Einstein's riddle... is nothing for LSATers !

theLSATdreamertheLSATdreamer Alum Member
in General 1287 karma

so Einstein has this riddle i'll paste it here .. basically he said 98% of people dont get it right.. not sure if thats true or not, but once i saw it i realized .. ITS A LOGIC GAME !!! its not evena full game its the sitting up of a game give it a try and i'll tell you the answer ...

Einstein's riddle

The situation

There are 5 houses in five different colors.
In each house lives a person with a different nationality.
These five owners drink a certain type of beverage, smoke a certain brand of cigar and keep a certain pet.
No owners have the same pet, smoke the same brand of cigar or drink the same beverage.
The question is: Who owns the fish?

Hints

the Brit lives in the red house
the Swede keeps dogs as pets
the Dane drinks tea
the green house is on the left of the white house
the green house's owner drinks coffee
the person who smokes Pall Mall rears birds
the owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill
the man living in the center house drinks milk
the Norwegian lives in the first house
the man who smokes blends lives next to the one who keeps cats
the man who keeps horses lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill
the owner who smokes BlueMaster drinks beer
the German smokes Prince
the Norwegian lives next to the blue house
the man who smokes blend has a neighbor who drinks water
Einstein wrote this riddle this century. He said that 98% of the world could not solve it.

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma

Got it! Thanks for sharing, that was fun!

• theLSATdreamertheLSATdreamer Alum Member
    1287 karma

@"Cant Get Right" Einstein underestimated 7sagers lol

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma

Yeah he did!

• H O ThomasH O Thomas Alum Member
    204 karma

I got the right answer, but I feel that the the Green-White House rule needs to say, "The Green House is on the immediate left of the White House." The way it is written now can be interpreted as the Green House just needs to simply come before the White House.

• apublicdisplayapublicdisplay Alum Member
    696 karma

Clickbait.

• theLSATdreamertheLSATdreamer Alum Member
    1287 karma

@ho> @"H O Thomas" said:

I got the right answer, but I feel that the the Green-White House rule needs to say, "The Green House is on the immediate left of the White House." The way it is written now can be interpreted as the Green House just needs to simply come before the White House.

I thought so too but i think its almost like those very subtle LR questions bc it says "the green house is on the left of the white house" if it said its TO the left then you could look at it as anywhere on the left, but he said, the green house is ON the left, i think that was his way of making it subtle that its immediately to its like like me saying, youre on my life as oppose to youre to my life. it was still a cool riddle, not sure how true it is that its Einsteins riddle butfor anyone that does any LSAT studying its a LG.

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

GOT IT! YASSS!

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

@"H O Thomas" said:

True; I just assumed it was but it would have been better to state immediate left...

• kimpg_66kimpg_66 Alum Member
    1617 karma

Hey! I haven't started studying LG yet (waiting to get my summer plans before purchasing a course), but I had a lot of fun doing this. How would you rate this as a LG board? Would this be considered an "easy" set up?

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

Got it. That was fun.

@"kimberlee.mcmillin" to be honest, I wouldn't draw a comparison between this game and LSAT LG. This isn't timed and there are no answer choices. But it does draw on the many of same skills needed for LG. I would say, however, that if you were able to solve without too much trouble and you haven't done at LG, then you will be in GREAT shape for LSAT LG. : )

• nessa.k13.0nessa.k13.0 Inactive ⭐
    4141 karma

Thanks for the riddle! This was fun to do!