Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to identify "skip" questions

kristineleewilliamskristineleewilliams Alum Member
edited October 2014 in General 19 karma
In my latest simulated full tests, I am trying to implement the suggested theory of skipping a really hard question. How do you define which ones to skip? Should we base it solely on time - if a question is sucking up too much time move on? Or should we decide it as soon as we read it? I find that one I am invested in a question, I want to stay on it. In my last test, I did not feel that skipping the ones that I found difficult helped my test score.
Any help would be much appreciated!
Thnks!

Comments

• SoCal JaporeanSoCal Japorean Free Trial Member
    147 karma
    If the question looks almost as long as a reading comp passage; then it is a good candidate to skip if you are having trouble with time management.
  • Mary.RockettMary.Rockett Alum Member
    7 karma
    This is a good question, I've been wondering which questions to skip too. It's tough to tell which to pass over sometimes.
  • LeoFiro8LeoFiro8 Alum Member
    244 karma
    For me I look at my LSAT analysis and see what questions I have the most trouble with, Those are the ones I skip. If you have time management issues I suppose the longer questions but they are usually parallel questions which I'm pretty good at. I would like to know if there are any specific techniques tho as in which question to skip besides what's posted on this thread.
  • Quick SilverQuick Silver Alum Inactive Sage
    1049 karma
    Blind Review really helps me with Skipping - BR has helped me develop an intuitive sense of the types of questions that I'm unsure of, are difficult or take a lot of time.

Are you BRing already kristineleewilliams?
  • kristineleewilliamskristineleewilliams Alum Member
    19 karma
    Yes, I am BRing - but during the first go thru of the test, I feel that I am spending time trying to decide if I should skip a question. (lol) I guess I am just wondering if people make that decision by time only or question type. I will continue trying out both on my practice tests.
  • danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    Honestly (and this depends on how fast you are) I would skip parallel questions unless they're early in the test.
  • hunterbodycotthunterbodycott Alum Member
    2 karma
    Perfectly stated above...R.C tends to be the most time consuming section, if you have a question that appears as long as the passage, cut your losses and move on!
  • kristineleewilliamskristineleewilliams Alum Member
    edited November 2014 19 karma
    I am actually best at RC and read quickly. I have problems deciding which LR questions to skip. I will study which LR questions I get wrong the most and try to use that when considering skipping.