Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Accepted to law school...

DEC_LSATDEC_LSAT Alum Member
in General 760 karma

Hey all, i've been accepted to 4 law schools in Canada and wait listed at 2. Waiting to hear back from 3 others.
I don't know why but i've lost my excitement. I start in September and I need to get excited about law school again before i start. I've started to feel more and more nervous and I don't know how to shake it off. Part of the reason I am nervous is because I have yet to make a decision about which school to attend. I feel like i am at a crossroads in my life and big changes are about to happen. I'm sure there are other 7sages in this situation so if you've found a way to get excited and cope, please share!
Thank you.

Comments

• dennisgerrarddennisgerrard Member
    1644 karma

Congrats!!

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    edited May 2017 3112 karma

This is certainly something to be excited for! I know it seems weird but you've been working toward this goal and you should be incredibly proud! Nothing to be nervous or anxious about. You did what many people weren't able to. Congratulations!

Have a drink on me :)

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

I think I understand where you're coming from - After months and months of studying and preparing , finally getting through the test then actually getting into school and now it's all over! It's like planning a wedding, you do all this stuff and after one day boom. You're done. No more prepping no more planning now you're just done and you don't know how to feel next. But don't worry the excitement will come; once you pick a school you'll be able to visualize yourself there get some fun school branded shirts hats and notebooks lol and be on your on your way to an exciting new adventure. Congrats on getting in and enjoy the new adventure!

• jaybee88jaybee88 Alum Member
    165 karma

Yes, its going to be a big change but all very exciting. New school means new friends and new experiences. It can be overwhelming to think about all at once... but just take it day by day and task by task when deciding on a school, housing etc. We dont grow without change so its a great opportunity for personal development. Try your best to frame your anxieties as positive thoughts about the future. :) and congratulations on all your acceptances. As the weeks past it should get easier to accept the weight of whats happening.

• jaybee88jaybee88 Alum Member
    165 karma

P.s. the biggest thing that made a difference for me was talking to alumni at the school I chose and hearing how excited they were for me despite not knowing me. Although everyone else had been cheering me on, it was their endorsement that really reached me and got me excited, not my moms or friends or anyone else.

I actually really know what youre talking about because I had felt the same. Im half asleep so hope this makes sense and feel free to message me directly, I am more coherent during the day lol.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Congrats on the acceptances!!

Yeah, it seems more than a few people feel this way. I wouldn't worry about it too much and I think as the time gets closer it will all become real and that excitement will return. Try imagining yourself there and read some literature about life at that school. You may also want to take a trip there (if its close enough you can...) Perhaps seeing it will bring back some excitement?

• DEC_LSATDEC_LSAT Alum Member
    760 karma

@dennisgerrard Thank you so much!
    @JustDoIt Thank you so much! You're right.
    @tringo335 Thank you!! haha I'm excited about new school shirts :) It may be the FIRST time ever I develop school pride because law school is something I worked so hard for. it's not the same as getting into an undergraduate or MA program. By the way, I appreciate your analogy!
    @jaybee88 Thank you so much! I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. You telling me you felt this way and understand my thoughts is very reassuring. There are lots of things to be excited for :)
    @"Alex Divine" thank you! You're right. I should schedule a trip to the school... that will help me visualize my life there as a law student.

To those studying, good luck! Believe me, all the hard work will pay off. There were so many days when I thought there was no progress and that i'd be lucky to get into ONE law school, and now here I am unable to make a decision about my law school acceptances and stressing out. It's kinda crazy.

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

To those studying, good luck! Believe me, all the hard work will pay off. There were so many days when I thought there was no progress and that i'd be lucky to get into ONE law school, and now here I am unable to make a decision about my law school acceptances and stressing out. It's kinda crazy.

Aww yay! I'm so glad to hear you say that lol. 'Cause I feel that way practically everyday lol. Glad you're feeling better! Go out there and rule the world! :)

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma

Grats on being accepted!!

• DEC_LSATDEC_LSAT Alum Member
    760 karma

@"Dillon A. Wright" said:
    Grats on being accepted!!

Aww yay! I'm so glad to hear you say that lol. 'Cause I feel that way practically everyday lol. Glad you're feeling better! Go out there and rule the world! :)

Thank you! if you ever need any advice or encouragement, i am here!

• Not Ralph NaderNot Ralph Nader Alum Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2098 karma

Congrats on being accepted!

• Pink DustPink Dust Alum Member
    403 karma

Thats amazing!!! you're in! Congrats! Pick a school and the excitement i am sure will follow. Maybe visit the schools too before you decide.