Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Accommodations

jerrytreejerrytree Alum Member
in June 2017 LSAT 17 karma

Anyone receive accommodations for the June test?

Comments

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

I remember seeing this discussion a while ago:
    https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/10862/wohooo-i-got-accepted-for-extra-time-any-studying-tips

I also read that LSAC accommodations section is very slow in responding to requests. Good luck! :smile:

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

I know of a couple people who were accepted for accommodations for June, but I also know someone who hasn't heard back yet. That said, @akistotle is entirely correct. The LSAC can be very slow in responding to accommodation requests. I believe I read somewhere that in some cases requests aren't granted until a few weeks before the exam.

• 4everchasing4everchasing Alum Member
    74 karma

Hey, I did. A couple of 7Sagers were really helpful to me during the process so I'm happy to pay it forward. Whats up? Also, the link posted above is where I started/got advice.

• tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma

@4everchasing I don't think the letter from my doctor is good. I know the doctor is only required to fill out the forms, but would you recommend me beefing my letter up? I was thinking about adding studies or things of that nature. I expected my doctor to include that in the letter but I honestly don't think he wanted to fill out the paperwork to begin with. I'd rather not have to go through an appeals process so I'm just trying to figure out what more I can do on my end. Any suggestions?

• 4everchasing4everchasing Alum Member
    74 karma

@tanes256 I was very nervous and anxious about the process and didn't want to take any chances at all. Not only did I make sure that my doctor included my test results and explain the impact of the diagnosis, not just stating the diagnosis, I also sent the doctor the definition and exact words from the ADA and the directions from LSAC. I would recommend stressing to your doctor what's really at risk. I don't know if it helped, but I had my doctor state plainly the impact and symptoms of my diagnoses. I also had letters from different doctors, but I know that's not always possible for everyone. Good luck!

2573 karma

@4everchasing idk what I'm gonna do. This stuff seems obvious but my doctor and crew acted like they'd never heard of such when I was trying to get the papers filled out. I don't exactly have test results either. I'll keep all this in mind. I'm going to go ahead and submit what I have and hope for the best if I have to appeal. Thank you!

• knochinknochin Free Trial Member
    25 karma

@tanes256 said:
    @4everchasing idk what I'm gonna do. This stuff seems obvious but my doctor and crew acted like they'd never heard of such when I was trying to get the papers filled out. I don't exactly have test results either. I'll keep all this in mind. I'm going to go ahead and submit what I have and hope for the best if I have to appeal. Thank you!

What kind of Dr. are you referring to? Don't rely on your PPC or prescriber. All you need to do is schedule a neuropsychological battery exam with an experienced APA-accredited neuropsychologist (very easily found via google). Make sure the person has experience and knowledge of LSAC's barbaric "suggestions" for those who request accommodations. It's the gold standard and pretty much bullet-proof if a diagnosis warranting accommodations is revealed. Although LSAC cannot legally require specific tests anymore (the Nelson-Denny for ADHD, for example), make sure to pick a good practitioner, i.e. someone who will know exactly what to include in the report. FYI - insurance won't cover it.

2573 karma

@knochin I was referring to my oncologist. Thank you for this info! I've never heard of this. Any idea how much this may cost?