[Ended] Free RC Tutoring - Science Passage (Sunday, May 21, 4 p.m. EST)

SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
edited May 2017 in Reading Comprehension 10774 karma

Hey Everyone,

So far we have done a regular passage and an A-B passage. This time we will be going over a science passage. We will be applying the same strategy that we learned in the previous two sessions. The key is to keep practicing with these strategies so we can get better. This time we will be doing PT 44, Section 1, Passage 3.

I would recommend not doing the passage before coming to the meeting so we can work through this together and you can really practice with the right strategy. All you are required to have for the meeting is the passage and questions in front of you in some form.

If you have never attended one of these sessions please do not worry that you will not know what's going on. I will review the strategies before starting the passage and you will catch on.

To join the meeting all you have to do is click the link below at the specified date and time.

I'll see you all there! : )

Free RC Tutoring - Sami
Sun, May 21, 2017 4:00 PM - 5:30 PM EDT

Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/283806493

You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (571) 317-3122

Access Code: 283-806-493

First GoToMeeting? Try a test session: https://care.citrixonline.com/g2m/getready

Comments

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

Sadly I won't be able to join this time because 4pm EDT is very early in the morning here...

Have fun with a science passage! <3

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    edited May 2017 10774 karma

@akistotle said:
    Sadly I won't be able to join this time because 4pm EDT is very early in the morning here...

Have fun with a science passage! <3

It's okay. <3 I had to make sure it didn't conflict with JY PT 80 event that's happening later.

BTW, where time zone do you fall under?

• Bevs ScooterMinionBevs ScooterMinion Alum Member
    edited May 2017 1018 karma

I can finally join you! <3 wooooooohoooooo!

edited May 2017 9372 karma

@Sami My time zone is 13 hours ahead of EDT (GMT+9). So it will be 5am. Maybe I will still join if I can! :)

10774 karma
    10774 karma

@akistotle said:
    @Sami My time zone is 13 hours ahead of EDT (GMT+9). So it will be 5am. Maybe I will still join if I can! :)

OMG! That is really early! Sorry for it being so early. I kinda had no choice. It was either that or even earlier. Maybe next time, if we do it again? <3.

1018 karma

@akistotle said:

I hope you can! But I certainly understand the need to sleep!

edited May 2017 1018 karma

P.S. Thank you, @Sami , for including an "end time" (even if it might be approximate or rigid)!

@"Bevs ScooterMinion" said:
    P.S. Thank you, @Sami , for including an "end time" (even if it might be approximate or rigid)!

<3 Your welcome. I can only hope that it's accurate. But so far that's how long these sessions have lasted and I don't think its fair to have long sessions for RC. At some point we start getting decreasing returns on our time investment.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

Sadly have 3 finals the following day so will be studying for those. This will be the last one you do, correct?

@TheMikey said:
    Sadly have 3 finals the following day so will be studying for those. This will be the last one you do, correct?

Not sure. If people want to do more, I will be happy to do more <3.

I wish you were able to join. But I completely understand. Good luck on the finals!

• jaefromcanadajaefromcanada Alum Member
    315 karma

Setting alarm on now with the right time zone so I don't show up 2 hours late this time :) :) :)

10774 karma

@jaefromcanada said:
    Setting alarm on now with the right time zone so I don't show up 2 hours late this time :) :) :)

More like after it has all ended ;)

• jaefromcanadajaefromcanada Alum Member
    315 karma

:( true

10774 karma

@jaefromcanada said:
    :( true

Haha. All you have to do now is show up to JY's call instead and wonder where Sami is. :joy:

• SeriousbirdSeriousbird Alum Member
    1278 karma

I'll be joining in! So, all we do is print out a fresh copy of the RC passage and come to the session without having touched the passage? Also, love that your doing passages from the 40s :)

10774 karma

@sweetsecret said:
    I'll be joining in! So, all we do is print out a fresh copy of the RC passage and come to the session without having touched the passage? Also, love that your doing passages from the 40s :)

Yup that's all you have to do : ). And yeah, I reasoned most people wouldn't be averse to using an older PT for practice.

1018 karma

@Sami said:
    If people want to do more, I will be happy to do more <3.

Ummm, is that a trap question?

I'll join as many as you want to do! <3

10774 karma

@"Bevs ScooterMinion" said:

@Sami said:
    If people want to do more, I will be happy to do more <3.

Ummm, is that a trap question?

I'll join as many as you want to do! <3

<3

4196 karma

Same! I'll join a ton since I'll be graduating and this summer is dedicated solely to LSAT prep! Really want to make my 160's to 170's but I've yet to make it there due to RC :(

edited May 2017 9372 karma

@Sami said:

@akistotle said:

OMG! That is really early! Sorry for it being so early. I kinda had no choice. It was either that or even earlier. Maybe next time, if we do it again? <3.

If you ever do this again, 6:30pm EDT would be great or even 6pm EDT (= 7am here) <3

I remember during one Crash Course Workshop, J.Y. was doing the Workshop from 7am in a time zone he was in. I want to train my brain to be as awake as his at 7am (Maybe it's impossible because J.Y. has a genius brain ;) ).

• allanisraelallanisrael Alum Member
    98 karma

Yay! See you on Sunday @ Sami

10774 karma

@TheMikey said:
    Same! I'll join a ton since I'll be graduating and this summer is dedicated solely to LSAT prep! Really want to make my 160's to 170's but I've yet to make it there due to RC :(

RC is tough! But we will for sure conquer this together!

@akistotle said:
    If you ever do this again, 6:30pm EDT would be great or even 6pm EDT (= 7am here) <3

I remember during one Crash Course Workshop, J.Y. was doing the Workshop from 7am in a time zone he was in. I want to train my brain to be as awake as his at 7am (Maybe it's impossible because J.Y. has a genius brain ;) ).

I'll try. I know the next couple of weeks we do have JY's workshops on most days. He is definitely a genius. We can be as awake as he is at 7 a.m. too! (We just probably need a lot more coffee!) :joy:

@allanisrael said:
    Yay! See you on Sunday @ Sami

See you Sunday! :smiley:

• Daniel.SieradzkiDaniel.Sieradzki Member Sage
    edited May 2017 2301 karma

There are no analogy questions!!! Thank you, Sami! I will be there.

@"Daniel.Sieradzki" said:

Don't worry. I have some analogy questions saved for us to do together. ;) <3

4196 karma

@Sami said:

is that subtlety for you're going to do more of these sessions??? :D

10774 karma

@TheMikey said:

@Sami said:

is that subtlety for you're going to do more of these sessions??? :D

lol maybe ;)

• annannannannannann Alum Member
    304 karma

I'll try to join as well :smile:

1278 karma

so I tried joining with the link provided and it said my session will start when Olivia the organizer arrives.. Am I in the wrong link?

1278 karma

ok nvm I think I clicked the wrong link lol

10774 karma

@sweetsecret said:

lol I am glad you found your way. : )

1278 karma

@Sami said:

@sweetsecret said:

Haha me too!! It was so awesome!! Please continue to do these again, I will definitely attend. Also, would love an economics passage :)

10774 karma

@sweetsecret said:

@Sami said:

@sweetsecret said:

Haha me too!! It was so awesome!! Please continue to do these again, I will definitely attend. Also, would love an economics passage :)

Yes ma'am : ). Will try to find one for next time. <3

• CinnamonTeaCinnamonTea Member
    550 karma

I popped in for bit to have a listen (I was the phone caller) and you are an awesome tutoring leader so encouraging and knowledgeable! I hope to be around for full time for the next RC tutoring session and would also appreciate an econ passage :)

4196 karma

@Sami said:

YAY

1278 karma

@TheMikey said:

@Sami said:

YAY

Thanks Mikey for convincing me to attend one of these, you were right, it was beyond awesome!!

10774 karma

@CinnamonTea, @sweetsecret, @TheMikey

You guys are so sweet. Thank you for all the kind words. It's so encouraging. :heart: :kissing_heart: