Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Method to Determine which LG Strategy You Should Use

ytehaverfordytehaverford Member
in Logic Games 13 karma

Hello All,

I have definitely improved in mapping out my LG games and making inferences and other actions involved in tackling LG games. But when I take practice tests, I seem to be lost at the outset (maybe feeling pressured because of time) and take alot of time to determine what strategy to employ (linear, in/out,grouping etc...) When I come back to the question to blind review it after watching the help videos, the question becomes way more easy than when I try to tackle it under timed conditions.

Is there any fast way or are there any immediate rules to determine which strategy is best to use to tackle a game?

Comments

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

Hi! :) I get what you mean. The hardest part of LG is to identify what game type it is under timed conditions. It all makes sense when you watch J.Y.'s video explanations.

When I come back to the question to blind review it after watching the help videos, the question becomes way more easy than when I try to tackle it under timed conditions.

I strongly recommend that you watch videos after you BR. You should try to figure it out on your own first and use videos to check your understanding.

Have you foolproofed all the games? If not, I recommend foolproofing all the games in LG Bundle (PT1-35).

Also I have been using a slightly altered version of @Pacifico's LG attack strategy:
    https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/2737/logic-games-attack-strategy/p1

Good luck!! :smiley:

• Mellow_ZMellow_Z Alum Member
    1997 karma

@akistotle said:
    Have you foolproofed all the games? If not, I recommend foolproofing all the games in LG Bundle (PT1-35).

Also I have been using a slightly altered version of @Pacifico's LG attack strategy:
    https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/2737/logic-games-attack-strategy/p1

Good luck!! :smiley:

What's crazy is I came to almost the same methodology except entirely on my own. I have a spreadsheet in a binder where I track timing and scores for each logic game, and printed each set 4 times as well.

I highly recommend this strategy. You want to get comfortable enough with LG's to where you don't need to actively think about what type of game it is. You will eventually just be able to start diagramming based on what makes the most sense and based on how you think the most effective way to solve it is. The way you get here is lots and lots of practice, a la fool proofing PT 1-35

• ytehaverfordytehaverford Member
    13 karma

Sorry, I am at work so I will post a full response later. But yes, I have foolproofed almost all LG games from 21-40 and also the games in the practice tests/full sections I have taken so far.

13 karma

It usually takes me 4-5 tries to understand all aspects of the game and get answers right under the time requirement.

13 karma

I am thinking that I simply am not there yet in terms of developing that intuition that allows you to just freely map a game instead of having to think about what strategy to use. I guess I just have to foolproof more and more games.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

Hmm.. Well, I feel like it's tough to explain what to do when you see certain things in the LG stimulus since there's books and other resources that teach you. go back into the CC and watch the LG videos and pay attention to the key words that JY goes over to figure out what kind of game type it is, thus what game board it will be.

but for example, if you see the beginning LG stimulus say " A B C D E can go into either car 1 or car 2", if those are the only 2 places they can each go, you're most likely dealing with an in/out game. if that same stimulus were to add "either car 1, car 2, or car 3" then you're most likely dealing with a 3 group grouping game. now remember, some LGs can have twists, so these aren't definitive but the point is that you just have to pay attention to key words to figure out what game board to use.