Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advice on PT's

smseraj3smseraj3 Alum Member
in General 162 karma

I've taken a lot of the older PT's (around 25 of them) and have taken PT 70 and 71. I am only 4 points away from my target score (160) and need some advice. I have PT 72-80 remaining and want to make use of them before the June test. I have 23 days left. How should I split up the PT's so I can properly BR?

I got a 155 on PT 71 and am studying around 8-10 hours a day. I know burnout is possible but i'm seeing improvement and need to get to my target score before June. I know I'll do it, but I also wanted to ask what my chances are of actually hitting a 160 on PT.

Thanks

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited May 2017 23929 karma

@smseraj3 said:
    I've taken a lot of the older PT's (around 25 of them) and have taken PT 70 and 71. I am only 4 points away from my target score (160) and need some advice. I have PT 72-80 remaining and want to make use of them before the June test. I have 23 days left. How should I split up the PT's so I can properly BR?

I got a 155 on PT 71 and am studying around 8-10 hours a day. I know burnout is possible but i'm seeing improvement and need to get to my target score before June. I know I'll do it, but I also wanted to ask what my chances are of actually hitting a 160 on PT.

Thanks

8 tests in 2.5 weeks... I wouldn't recommend trying to fit them all in.

Let me ask you this: On test day will you feel better knowing you got through X amount of PTs? Or would you feel better knowing you are prepared for the the challenges you are likely to face and have addressed any weaknesses?

All that to say, I think your time would be better spent blind reviewing, finding where and why you are missing points, and addressing them via drill sets and timed section.

Going from a 155 to a 160 can be pretty challenging. Especially in 23 days. The thing is, you're right there. It's just likely going to take more than 2 weeks --- and that's okay! If you're at a 155 range, that means you are missing about 36/37 questions. A 160 is closer to 26/27 questions wrong. So essentially you need to be getting 10 more questions right per test. It can certainly be done, but I would say chances are low and would recommend giving yourself more time to prep. Take in September/December, or whenever you are consistently scoring 160s on PTs.

Good luck :blush:

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    edited May 2017 10774 karma

Hey,

If your average from most recent tests is around your target score then you do have enough knowledge to score around your target score on test day. It can happen that you end up having a bad day but you have the capability to score your goal if your data from practice tests indicates you can. That means you can take 8, 5, or even 1 test, it would not change your score drastically unless your understanding increases or you burn out, in which case your score will drop.

If you want to increase your score by 4 points I would suggest doing less PT's and really working on improving your understanding so your score improves. This means it might take you 1 or even 2 weeks to get through a single PT.

I hope this helped. <3

• smseraj3smseraj3 Alum Member
    162 karma

Thanks for the advice! @Sami @"Alex Divine"

Im gonna drill like crazy and focus on what im getting wrong

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@smseraj3 said:
    Thanks for the advice! @Sami @"Alex Divine"

Im gonna drill like crazy and focus on what im getting wrong

In that case, you are bound to see improvements!

Good luck :)