Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A taste of law school

J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
edited November 2014 in General 14008 karma
I know you guys are deep in LSAT study mode. I just want to provide some perspective of why you are studying the things we're teaching you like argumentation and logic.

Here's a video I made summarizing what likely will be the very first case you read in law school. I hope this video will give you some perspective of why we teach you the skills that we do in our Core Curriculum.

Comments

• NellysLSATNellysLSAT Alum Member
    186 karma
    awesome!
  • pjanderson5pjanderson5 Free Trial Member
    238 karma
    Very cool
  • Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    1294 karma
    Professor J.Y reporting it. That was a very thorough explanation and very interesting. Can't wait to analyse cases like this once in law school (fingers crossed).
  • xunianyixunianyi Alum Member
    40 karma
    amazing. just amazing.
  • StephanieTStephanieT Alum Member
    64 karma
    That was great. Thanks!
  • Erika123Erika123 Member
    233 karma
    I can't wait for my first day! so excited :D

Thank you
  • DrackedaryDrackedary Member
    239 karma
    This video has gotten me quite pumped about law school!
  • hkang912hkang912 Alum Member
    9 karma
    Hypothetically speaking in a scenario where Parker is the captain and everything else is held the same. Parker, recognizing their dire situation and given his weak health, decided under his own volition to sacrifice his body so the other three men could live. But he would need them to murder him because his religion strictly forbids suicide (his own interpretation of his religion would not consider consenting to his own murder as suicide).

Could this murder be considered justified by necessity?

Does this hypothetical scenario weaken their morality argument? Allowing this excuse to murder, law and morality will not be divorced. Parker is performing his moral duty to his crew by sacrificing himself.

OR.... Do I need to go study more?....I am going to go study.