Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to increase speed on LG?

nyc2dc2canyc2dc2ca Alum Member
edited May 2017 in Logic Games 107 karma

I am able to get perfects scores on the section without time limits but during PTs I range from -3 to -6.

My biggest issue is feeling rushed during the PT...

Any advice?

Comments

• tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma

@nyc2dc2ca how much time are you taking to complete each question and game without time constraints? Have you noticed that it's a particular game type that's slowing you down? What about certain question types, i.e. CBT, MBT, etc.? Are you splitting boards upfront when possible? Is your logic game strong? Are you making inferences? If you watch the videos and notice that you missed an inference this could be greatly affecting your time. Also, have you implemented the fool proof method? If you've noticed that you're still not able to complete the section I would hit the fool proof method hard and not move on to another game until I could hit everything correctly within the suggested time. If this takes more than 10 takes per game then so be it. You don't want to throw away easy points on LG. This and repetition will get you within the 35 mins.

• AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    1917 karma

It's all about repetition and volume. Fool proofing games from PT 1-35.

If you follow Pacifico's strategy of doing each game at least 4 times, then mastery requires doing those games literally hundreds of times combined.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Like @tanes256 said @AllezAllez21 said above, make sure to fool proof the games. I know it seems like it will take forever, but it wasn't until I began doing that I started to see CONSISTENT improvements with my LG score. Sometimes I would get lucky and get an easy games section, but when I got to sections with 2-3 challenging games, I would panic and end up missing 2x as many questions, going anywhere from -4 to -8.

Another thing you can learn via fool proofing and JY's video explanations are strategies on how to attack certain question types more effectively and efficiently. Sometimes you want to hunt for the right answer and other times POE makes sense. You'll also get a much better idea of when to split the boards and other really useful tips and tricks to improve your speed.

After fool proofing you will get confident because you'll be efficient!