Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PRIVATE September Study Group

jknaufjknauf Alum Member
edited May 2017 in Study Groups 1741 karma

PRIVATE September Study Group

Hello all,

Please review the information below and if interested, leave a comment and message me directly and you will be considered for the group.

I will be starting a private September study group. This study group will be unique and different from the official 7sage study groups. I’m composing this post in search of 6-8 dedicated LSAT students who are willing to meet on a weekly basis. THIS WILL BE YOUR TEAM FOR THE NEXT 4 MONTHS. I want to establish a close knit team based study group to hold each other accountable, keep each other honest, and provide each other a friendly but competitive push when needed. I will be selecting students from the community to join our group. The smaller than average group size will allow for a more personal and efficient studying atmosphere.

The study group will be reviewing LR on a weekly basis. We will gauge interest with RC and LG in order to determine if those will be reviewed.

Requirements:

Must be able to meet almost every Saturday night from now until September. If you are thinking “what the hell, I hang out with my hubby on Saturday nights” or “Saturdays are my drinking nights.” This is not the study group for you! I understand occasionally there will be obligations such as work, weddings, or something of the like. This is not a problem, and we fully understand. But you must be present when possible. Meetings will be at 7pm EST on Saturdays.

Must be dedicated to taking the assigned PT for the week, and must be able to work on problem areas during the week to ensure you are ready to take the PT for the following week. The only exception to this rule is if you have not been able to fully understand and address problem areas from the previous test. I believe sticking to an assigned PT schedule without properly working on problem areas is a poor way to approach the LSAT.

Must have basic LSAT knowledge including but not limited to: question types, identifying conclusions/premises, conditional statements, et cetera.

Must be finished with the CC.

Must be motivated and driven.

Must be in a quiet place to review. Do not be at a busy starbucks or your local cafe.

Must be able to download the discord app. We will be using this app to keep an open dialogue throughout the week.

Must have access to a computer and a microphone. Apple iphone headphones will usually do the trick. We will not be using GOTOMEETING like the other 7sage groups. Therefore, there will be no phone line to call in from so you must be able to communicate by other means. If this changes, I will keep you guys posted.

NOT REQUIRED:

A certain PT score is not required. Study groups work best if there are members on different levels. We are happy to take the 140 scoring student under our wings.

You are not required to take the September LSAT. Although, which PTs we take will be determined with September in mind.

How will you determine who is in the private study group?

We will be selecting from members who have posted below and messaged me directly. Our goal is to ensure the best possible score come September and to create the best studying dynamic for all of us. I, and one other, will keep these in mind when determining who should have access to the group.

I will notify those selected by the end of the week. We will hold an orientation this weekend to discuss testing assignments, which communication apps to download, and any other questions or concerns anyone has.

Comments

• TimLSAT180TimLSAT180 Alum Member
    619 karma

I've already sent you a message, but I would be interested!

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma

I love seeing more study groups form organically. Good job @jknauf.

• jknaufjknauf Alum Member
    1741 karma

@Sami said:
    I love seeing more study groups form organically. Good job @jknauf.

Thanks Sami! I appreciate the support!

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    edited May 2017 11542 karma

I sense a very legitimate study group about to form! Thanks for doing this :)
    @everyone who fits the criteria, you'll be in good hands with Jknauf. He has the credentials to successfully run an LSAT study group and has been helping many 7sagers along the way.

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

I am interested.

• rafaelitorafaelito Alum Member
    1063 karma

Man I'd love to join this group but Saturday night is about the only time of the week that I won't commit to. No drinking for me but it is the best time for me to take a break since I study full-time. I do wish this group luck and I would absolutely join another one.

• jimmyrivera201-1jimmyrivera201-1 Core Member
    547 karma

I am interested.

• TheAnxious0LTheAnxious0L Alum Member
    587 karma

I'm interested! :)

• Kristen BKristen B Member
    edited May 2017 388 karma

I am interested !! :smiley:

• NinaSimoneNinaSimone Alum Member
    297 karma

I'm interested.

• AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    1917 karma

Interested.

1741 karma

@Sprinkles said:
    I sense a very legitimate study group about to form! Thanks for doing this :)
    @everyone who fits the criteria, you'll be in good hands with Jknauf. He has the credentials to successfully run an LSAT study group and has been helping many 7sagers along the way.

You are the best. Sometimes.

• jurisprudentjurisprudent Alum Member
    326 karma

I'm interested. I'll PM you. Thank you!

• imran123imran123 Free Trial Member
    67 karma

I'd like to join too. Hope it isn't late.

• extramediumextramedium Alum Member
    419 karma

Already sent over a message. Definitely include me in any updates.

• dml277dml277 Alum Member
    775 karma

This is an awesome idea. I'm interested!

• aimhigheraimhigher Alum Member
    100 karma

@jknauf I'm definitely interested! PMed you

• kombuchakombucha Alum Member
    202 karma

Interested as well!

• greggreg Alum Member
    50 karma

Definitely interested. Sent a PM.

• rogersalexandra7rogersalexandra7 Alum Member
    213 karma

Im very interested!!

• -ObbuddO--ObbuddO- Alum Member
    236 karma

Definitely interested! Also PMed you.

• -ObbuddO--ObbuddO- Alum Member
    236 karma

Also I think there a lot of people who are interested, would you consider to make another private study group?

• Daniel.SieradzkiDaniel.Sieradzki Member Sage
    2301 karma

I think this is a great idea! The open BR calls are awesome. However, it is also great to have smaller groups who meet on a regular basis and keep each other motivated and on task. This is a great benefit that reminds me of physical therapy. The fear of disappointing my physical therapist pushed me to do my daily exercises even when they caused me discomfort. The LSAT is not always fun, but it is much easier when you have a solid group of people to work with and learn from.

I look forward to seeing more groups like this in the future!

edited May 2017 1741 karma

Hi all, thank you for your interest in the study group! I'm working to finalize the list and I will be messaging those who I have chosen sometime today with further instruction. If you do not receive a message, please join the open 7sage groups. If things do not go accordingly, I will be removing members and searching for new candidates based on your interest here. Due to an overwhelming amount of interest, I must turn away quite a few people who really seem like they would be excellent study partners. I encourage all of you to reach out to one another and form different groups.

Good luck in your studies and I wish you the best.

P.S. I deliberately wrote the instruction at the top of the post to say "post here AND message me". I did this to better see who reads closely and follows instructions. 95% of you guys failed this test lol

• theLSATgrind2017theLSATgrind2017 Alum Member
    440 karma

I'd like to join as well.

• acalzada89acalzada89 Core Member
    14 karma

I'd like to join! Just messaged you!

• Mellow_ZMellow_Z Alum Member
    1997 karma

@jknauf said:

P.S. I deliberately wrote the instruction at the top of the post to say "post here AND message me". I did this to better see who reads closely and follows instructions. 95% of you guys failed this test lol

What is this critical reading nonsense.. you act like it's an important skill or something

• Jessica_KubaJessica_Kuba Core Member
    461 karma

Way to go @jknauf!!! Such an awesome idea

• mcneeleytmcneeleyt Member
    edited May 2017 64 karma

Aaaaaand this is why I study alone lol. These things fill up too quickly. Oh well. Good luck ya'll

• MastercepedaMastercepeda Free Trial Member
    9 karma

Hi,

Im interested in joining the study group. Is there space for another person?

Thanks!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Private study group... LOL You'll fit in during 1L year that's for sure ;)

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:
    Private study group... LOL You'll fit in during 1L year that's for sure ;)

I agree. I am sure a good focused study group will get him a great LSAT score and with that into a an amazing Law school -so he will do great during his1L year. : )

Good job @jknauf.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

With this initiative @jknauf is going to be a killer :)

• leslieh327leslieh327 Alum Member
    130 karma

I'm interested if its not too late.

• xtrfalconxtrfalcon Alum Member
    148 karma

Interested as well if not too late.

• TheoryandPracticeTheoryandPractice Alum Member
    1008 karma

I'm interested as well if not too late!

• spitzy11spitzy11 Alum Member
    772 karma

Already messaged a bit ago but I am in as well.

• 342 karma

I'm certainly interested :)

• PaulVanocuver18PaulVanocuver18 Free Trial Member
    5 karma

i am interested also