Ramadan Mubarak!

SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
edited May 2017 in General 11542 karma

Ramadan Mubarak to my fellow Muslim 7sagers! Perfect time to recharge our faith and get more LSAT prep in without having to worry about eating/drinking throughout the day :D

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
  • Daniel.SieradzkiDaniel.Sieradzki Member Sage
    edited May 2017 2301 karma

While I am not Muslim, I want to commend you on your commitment to your faith and the LSAT. I read your other thread on the challenge of balancing Ramadan, your other commitments, and your studies. That is very impressive and speaks to your character much more than any high score on a standardized test. Well done!

11542 karma

@"Daniel.Sieradzki" said:
    While I am not Muslim, I want to commend you on your commitment to your faith and the LSAT. I read your other thread on the challenge of balancing Ramadan, your other commitments, and your studies. That is very impressive and speaks to your character much more than any high score on a standardized test. Well done!

Wow, thank you for that. Honestly, it's less of a challenge when the task is something you're determined to complete to help reach your goals. Hundreds of people do what I do and have many more responsibilities to carry on their shoulders - they're the impressive ones :)

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

This is so well put. I admire Muslims across the world for exactly the same reason! :)

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

Ramadan kareem! I am not muslim but like @"Daniel.Sieradzki" said kudos for staying committed to your faith while studying. I will remember you when I'm tempted to complain during my studies this month :)

11542 karma

@akistotle said:

This is so well put. I admire Muslims across the world for exactly the same reason! :)

@tringo335 said:
    Ramadan kareem! I am not muslim but like @"Daniel.Sieradzki" said kudos for staying committed to your faith while studying. I will remember you when I'm tempted to complain during my studies this month :)

Haha seriously you guys are way too sweet! Especially during a time we are in, from the bottom of my heart I sincerely thank you for your kind gestures.
    @tringo335 this year we're fasting for 17 hours in NY. Pretty tough but rejuvenating at the same time :)

• PomegranatePomegranate Alum Member
    577 karma

@Sprinkles Ramadan mubarak to u and all other Muslims here too! :smile:

• TheAnxious0LTheAnxious0L Alum Member
    587 karma

Aw, this makes me so happy! Ramadan Mubarak to all of you xo.

• DEC_LSATDEC_LSAT Alum Member
    760 karma

Fasting on its own isn't easy, and we all know studying for this test isn't easy; put them together, and that's a very tough combination for most people. I honestly can't imagine. I'm happy to know you're not having a tough time and have a positive outlook. BUT let's be real, it's TOUGH. Good luck! Ramadan Mubarak :)

11542 karma

@DEC_LSAT said:
    Fasting on its own isn't easy, and we all know studying for this test isn't easy; put them together, and that's a very tough combination for most people. I honestly can't imagine. I'm happy to know you're not having a tough time and have a positive outlook. BUT let's be real, it's TOUGH. Good luck! Ramadan Mubarak :)

Hmm, yes you're right both are difficult tasks. I'm not sure where you got that I said it wasn't tough lol. My personal anecdote on why it's possible/makes it less difficult is because I value both Ramadan and studying for the LSAT. I view Ramadan as a time of faith renewal and accomplishing specific goals I make for myself . So fasting during this time is less of a difficult task even combining it with LSAT prep. As for the LSAT, well I too hold that in high regard. It's one of the major things that will open doors for me once it's time to apply to law schools if done correctly. So yes @DEC_LSAT - it's tough, It's difficult, it's taxing, but it's doable because of where they stand in my life. Hope that clears up any misinformation? :)

• nessa.k13.0nessa.k13.0 Inactive ⭐
    4141 karma

@tringo335 said:
    I will remember you when I'm tempted to complain during my studies this month :)

this 100%

11542 karma

@"nessa.k13.0" said:

@tringo335 said:
    I will remember you when I'm tempted to complain during my studies this month :)

this 100%

LOL. I have a few friends trying out fasting this year. Anyone up for the challenge? :joy:

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

@Sprinkles said:

@"nessa.k13.0" said:

@tringo335 said:

this 100%

LOL. I have a few friends trying out fasting this year. Anyone up for the challenge? :joy:

Are we allowed to fast from stuff besides food?? lol

11542 karma

@tringo335 said:

@Sprinkles said:

@"nessa.k13.0" said:

@tringo335 said:

this 100%

Are we allowed to fast from stuff besides food?? lol

Hahahah, of course. But fasting from food and drink is generally the more vigorous approach.

• nessa.k13.0nessa.k13.0 Inactive ⭐
    edited May 2017 4141 karma

@Sprinkles said:

@Sprinkles in Gambia I tried...for half a day------I can't function while working etc without water. You're the real MVP! I'm sure I can muster up the will to celebrate the end of fasting with you :mrgreen: