[Ended] September Study Group | PT 44 | Sunday, June 4 @ 7p EDT / 6p CST / 4p PST

Mellow_ZMellow_Z Alum Member
edited June 2017 in Study Groups 1997 karma

Hello all, and

https://m.popkey.co/af8654/MM856.gif

This week we are going doing the following :
PT: 44
Experimental Section: LG from PT56
(I recommend inserting the experimental in between sections 2 and 3, or 3 and 4)

Date: Sunday, June 4th
Time: 7:00pm Eastern / 6:00pm Central / 4:00pm Pacific

For our full PT schedule please see the following link : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NqvbW4p83dpFmihrUOeWf6Dx8ETo25rLE1q1nPzOrpg/edit?usp=sharing

Notes:

• Please take the PT under strictly timed conditions.
  • BR on a fresh copy and do not check your scores
  • We will check the scores at the end of the call together, to see how we all did
  • All stages of prep are welcome. Please just show up willing to participate!
  • These calls can easily last for a few hours. You are not required to stay for the entire time, but please stay as long as possible to get the most out of the call.

GoToMeeting Details:

September '17 Sunday Study Group

Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/410064813

You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (872) 240-3311

Access Code: 410-064-813

First GoToMeeting? Try a test session: https://care.citrixonline.com/g2m/getready

Comments

• nessa.k13.0nessa.k13.0 Inactive ⭐
    edited May 2017 4141 karma

LOL I love that John Oliver gif

• fambam24fambam24 Member
    215 karma

Thank you!

• TheAnxious0LTheAnxious0L Alum Member
    587 karma

Thank you !

• Mellow_ZMellow_Z Alum Member
    1997 karma

@"nessa.k13.0" said:
    LOL I love that John Oliver gif

it's definitely very fitting for all of this nonsense :wink:

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

I love John Oliver so much the gif makes me want to join you guys....

• -ObbuddO--ObbuddO- Alum Member
    236 karma

Thanks! Will be there!

• SeriousbirdSeriousbird Alum Member
    edited May 2017 1278 karma

Will all the sessions begin at 7pm to 10pm EST? I just want to add the schedule to my google calendar :smiley:

1997 karma

@sweetsecret said:
    Will all the sessions begin at 7pm to 10pm EST? I just want to add the schedule to my google calendar :smiley:

Yep. Pending any webinars/JY/Admin content that needs to take our place. Then we can discuss alternative times or just cancel that given week. We can figure that out when we get there though.

• ElleWoods77ElleWoods77 Alum Member
    1184 karma

Thank you, looking forward to it!

• LsatChicLsatChic Member
    191 karma

Thank you

• btsao650btsao650 Alum Member
    254 karma

Count me in! I will be there.

• poohbearpoohbear Alum Member
    496 karma

I'm there! Thank you @Mellow_Z for organizing and putting this together :)

• acalzada89acalzada89 Core Member
    14 karma

Will be there!

• alyssamcc0593alyssamcc0593 Alum Member
    290 karma

Thanks! I will definitely be there :)

• btownsqueebtownsquee Alum Member
    1207 karma

Hi! Is this study group still open? I'd love to join and participate. :smile:

1997 karma

@hnadgauda said:
    Hi! Is this study group still open? I'd love to join and participate. :smile:

Yep, it's open to everyone. Feel free to just stop by if you'd like to see what it's about, or take the PT and participate!

• goblue08goblue08 Core Member
    48 karma

This is awesome! Looking forward to joining on Sunday!

• richellegernanrichellegernan Alum Member
    18 karma

This is awesome! I love John Oliver and Last Week Tonight.

If it's okay, I can only join a few of the Study Groups because I don't have all of the PTs :(

• rochelleb180rochelleb180 Alum Member
    53 karma

will be there.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Just checking in here - I'd love to join the group but busy this Sunday. I'll try to catch the next one!

• navacuenca92navacuenca92 Alum Member
    57 karma

Hey! I'm new to the community, I wanted to know where are you getting all your prep tests? Did you buy every single one of them or just the recent ones? I would love to uy them as quick as I can so I can join the BR sessions!

• spitzy11spitzy11 Alum Member
    772 karma

@navacuenca92 said:
    Hey! I'm new to the community, I wanted to know where are you getting all your prep tests? Did you buy every single one of them or just the recent ones? I would love to uy them as quick as I can so I can join the BR sessions!

Different prep tests are included in the Premium, Ultimate, and Ultimate + Packages. You can also buy specific prep tests too!

1997 karma

@spitzy11 said:

@navacuenca92 said:

Different prep tests are included in the Premium, Ultimate, and Ultimate + Packages. You can also buy specific prep tests too!

Alternatively, if you don't feel like buying them digitally from 7sage (30/each), you can buy the official packages of 10 prep tests for 20 (2/each) - https://www.amazon.com/10-Actual-Official-LSAT-PrepTests/dp/0979305047

If you do go this route, I'd recommend never making a mark in the booklet itself, and just making copies of the tests.

I think the higher 7sage courses are worth it solely for the explanations you get access to, but the PT's are definitely an added bonus.

1184 karma

Just attempted my first PT during the week. With my full time job , attempting to take a PT during the week was a complete disaster. Due not having enough time to take the PT during the weekend and sufficiently blind review it before the call, I am going to have to bow out. I wish everybody the most success.

• navacuenca92navacuenca92 Alum Member
    57 karma

Thank you so much! I'll get on it right away @spitzy11 @Mellow_Z

• dfletch5dfletch5 Alum Member
    260 karma

@richellegernan @Mellow_Z
    Richelle, did you see the info for the practice tests on the thread?

1997 karma

@"Michelle Juma" said:
    Just attempted my first PT during the week. With my full time job , attempting to take a PT during the week was a complete disaster. Due not having enough time to take the PT during the weekend and sufficiently blind review it before the call, I am going to have to bow out. I wish everybody the most success.

I deal with the same thing. I'm planning on taking mine each Saturday (for the following weekend).

ex - this Saturday I'm going to take next week's PT, so that I can BR leisurely throughout the rest of the week. Trying to find to take a full PT after full time work hours is a nightmare, I agree entirely. No worries though!

1184 karma

@Mellow_Z said:

@"Michelle Juma" said:

I deal with the same thing. I'm planning on taking mine each Saturday (for the following weekend).

ex - this Saturday I'm going to take next week's PT, so that I can BR leisurely throughout the rest of the week. Trying to find to take a full PT after full time work hours is a nightmare, I agree entirely. No worries though!

It was indeed I have never felt so lost and tired doing a PT even after my run which gave me a large amount of energy. Saturdays are my days of rest, unless I do the PT on the Sunday before but that can get pretty exhausting doing a PT in the morning, and then doing the group in the evening.

• lilo1994lilo1994 Member
    16 karma

Thank you for making the schedule!

• imhungryimtiredimhungryimtired Alum Member
    edited June 2017 44 karma

Hello! Very excited to join this thread. Just to confirm: we take the practice test before the scheduled call on Sunday and then just talk about it together on Sunday during the scheduled time (for three hours)? Just wanted to make sure I understood everything correctly. Thank you.

1997 karma

@imhungryimtired said:
    Hello! Very excited to join this thread. Just to confirm: we take the practice test before the scheduled call on Sunday and then just talk about it together on Sunday during the scheduled time (for three hours)? Just wanted to make sure I understood everything correctly. Thank you.

Take the test timed, don't score it.

After you take the test, use another blank/fresh copy of the same test, and Blind Review it (still don't score it). When we get together we will go through the BR in detail and help each other with anything they have issues on. Example, if you can't make up your mind between C and D on question 14, you say something about it, maybe where you're stuck in understanding or why it's difficult for you, then as a group we discuss through it until we come to a conclusion. At the end of the call we will score our tests together and see how we did.

• imhungryimtiredimhungryimtired Alum Member
    44 karma

Awesome, thank you!

• naychinaychi Alum Member
    31 karma

Great, thank you. will be joining.

• dfletch5dfletch5 Alum Member
    260 karma

@Mellow_Z I finished the test today, but I am still in the process of doing the BR. Are you recording today's session?

1997 karma

@dfletch5 said:
    @Mellow_Z I finished the test today, but I am still in the process of doing the BR. Are you recording today's session?

Sorry! I haven't checked the forums since last night. We didn't record it unfortunately.