Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New ATL Top 50 Rankings

TexAgAaronTexAgAaron Alum Member
edited May 2017 in Law School Admissions 1723 karma

I have always been a fan of looking at different rankings since everyone focuses on certain variables when generating rankings. ATL focuses more on employment outcomes the most so I find theirs interesting. As they say, knowledge is power...

Linky:
http://abovethelaw.com/law-school-rankings/top-law-schools/?rf=1#rankings

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Dope. Thank you :)

• thisisspartathisissparta Alum Member
    1363 karma

Anyone know why NYU ranks 9 points below its USN ranking? Does NYU do worse relative to other T14's in terms of employment outcomes?

• Zachary_PZachary_P Member
    659 karma

They also take into account relative cost/employment salaries! They just released the podcast today explaining the metrics behind it, and it's definitely worth a listen!

• goblue08goblue08 Core Member
    48 karma

Thanks for the share!

• TexAgAaronTexAgAaron Alum Member
    1723 karma

@thisissparta the rankings are different than the US News ranking. ATL weighs sallary and employment opportunities the most.

I feel that these are one of the best methodologies since it weighs what is the most important: Can you get a secure, long-term, well paying job.

edited June 2017 1363 karma

@akeegs92 said:
    @thisissparta the rankings are different than the US News ranking. ATL weighs sallary and employment opportunities the most.

I feel that these are one of the best methodologies since it weighs what is the most important: Can you get a secure, long-term, well paying job.

Thanks for your reply @akeegs92! I'm aware that their rankings work differently. I was just curious why NYU had the most significant drop (when compared to USN rankings) among all the T14s.

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

Thank you for the link!

• goblue08goblue08 Core Member
    48 karma

@thisissparta i listened to their podcast today and I believe they specifically singled out the NYC schools due to the obscene cost of attendance. They did agree that they give great employment opportunities, but they also look at the total cost to the student. As we all know living in NYC is exponentially more expensive than most US cities.

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

This is great! Thanks for sharing! @shindavis16 have you seen this?

• tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma

The difference between GA State and Emory is surprising! Whoa! I certainly thought it would be the other way around.

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

oh cool. never looked at these rankings. thanks for sharing!

• TexAgAaronTexAgAaron Alum Member
    1723 karma

@thisissparta Ahhhh I see. @slcaldwell82590 answer is better of an answer than I could give. Don't know a ton about NYC schools.

edited June 2017 1363 karma

@slcaldwell82590 said:
    @thisissparta i listened to their podcast today and I believe they specifically singled out the NYC schools due to the obscene cost of attendance. They did agree that they give great employment opportunities, but they also look at the total cost to the student. As we all know living in NYC is exponentially more expensive than most US cities.

That makes sense. Thanks, @slcaldwell82590!

@akeegs92 said:
    @thisissparta Ahhhh I see. @slcaldwell82590 answer is better of an answer than I could give. Don't know a ton about NYC schools.

No worries @akeegs92! :smile: Still appreciate your input