Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cannot print preptests from Ipad

CinnamonTeaCinnamonTea Member
edited June 2017 in Technical Problems 550 karma

Hi @"Dillon A. Wright" or anyone else that can help,

If you could please help me out I would be grateful.

I cannot print any prep tests from my ipad. It's a brand new Ipad pro which has printed other webpages, photos, and PDF's just fine. When I try to print the e-protected documents (prep tests) it doesn't work at all. I use the Chrome browser.

Here's what I do: I go to the Prep test (78, in this case) and click "Print and take test". Then I click "Prep Test 78 - Printable". Then I click "Print". No dialog box pops up. In fact, nothing pops up, at all. It's as if when I click "Print" nothing happened at all.

I have already tried rebooting my printer and rebooting my Ipad. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Comments

• GrecoRomanGrecoRoman Alum Member
    140 karma

Try a different browser. I couldn't print on firefox on my system but chrome was fine.

• CinnamonTeaCinnamonTea Member
    edited June 2017 550 karma

Thanks for the tip but I tried Firefox and chrome and the same thing happened in both browsers (no dialog box popped up after I clicked "print".)

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10789 karma

Yeah, Ipad printing sucks for me as well. Is there a way you can print them off from a computer instead?

edited June 2017 550 karma

Ahh it doesn't work for you as well? I may have a computer available. Now I'm wondering if its impossible to print Prep Tests off Ipads? If so, that should probably be written somewhere on 7sage

edited June 2017 10789 karma

I think the issue for my ipad was I was using safari and it was trying to print it out in two pages. Chrome works best for me for printing test out.

But even on safari it was giving me the option to print, just not in a format I wanted.

550 karma

Ahh ok. Thanks @Sami @"Dillon A. Wright" , any chance you could walk me through the steps one would take to print in safari/chrome? Or should they be the same as what I described above in my OP?

10789 karma

@CinnamonTea said:
    Ahh ok. Thanks @Sami @"Dillon A. Wright" , any chance you could walk me through the steps one would take to print in safari/chrome? Or should they be the same as what I described above in my OP?

I am at work right now and without my ipad. But if you havn't been helped by the time I get home I would be happy to walk you through it.

550 karma

Thanks @Sami , appreciate all the offers to help! I may take you up on that later if I still can't get it to work.

10789 karma

Hey I don't know if you still needed help. But what you do is click on "Print" for whatever prep test you would like to print. Then click on "Prep Test __ - Printable". Once that opens up, tap the test and you should see three parallel lines appear at the top right corner - click on that. Once you click on that, it will give you the option to print.

Let me know if that works. : )

550 karma

I did everything you said in Firefox and Chrome sadly. Still no dice. Ah well, I guess I have my trusty laptop. Thanks for trying to help!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Got it to print from iPad Pro; however, seemed like a lot more trouble than just using a laptop if you have one.

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma

I just tried from my iPad (I have iPad Pro 2) and it worked flawlessly from Safari. :(