Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official June LSAT Discussion Thread

inactiveinactive Alum Member
edited June 2017 in June 2017 LSAT 12637 karma

Hey guys! Here's the official June LSAT Discussion Thread. Please keep all discussions of the June 2017 LSAT here!

Here's some ground rules, taken from my usual sticky:

We know that everyone will be excited to discuss what was on the June '17 LSAT, but mentioning specifics about the test (e.g., "I got B for question 6" or "the 3rd LG was sequencing") can get both us and you in a lot of trouble with LSAC. Saying that the test was hard/easy without going into detail is okay, but anything more specific is not okay. LSAC monitors this forum.

If you're unsure what may be too specific, feel free to PM me with what you'd like to post.

The only exception is you can say which sections were real or experimental. For example, the LG with "flowers" was experimental. That's okay.

TL;DR: PLEASE don't talk specifics about June's LSAT!

Here's where you can see the current Real/Experimental Sections:
https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/11428/june-2017-lsat-real-experimental-sections-keywords

Have fun discussing!

LSAT Difficulty
  1. How difficult do you think the June LSAT was?179 votes
    1. Very difficult. It was a real challenge.
      30.73%
    2. As difficult as any other LSAT. I was well prepared.
      53.63%
    3. Not difficult at all. It was underwhelming.
        5.03%
    4. Kill me & end my miserable existence.
      10.61%

Comments

• Daniel.SieradzkiDaniel.Sieradzki Member Sage
    edited June 2017 2301 karma

I got the sofa (bonus points if you know what this means)!

Good luck everyone! I am rooting for all of you!

• Mellow_ZMellow_Z Alum Member
    edited June 2017 1997 karma

Good luck all! Can't wait to hear about the new virus game! :lol:

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma

@Mellow_Z said:
    Good luck all! Can't wait to hear about the new virus game! :lol:

Shh... Don't scare them!

@Mellow_Z Yeah, there is no way to know which section was experimental without sharing info with other test takers. Sometimes, you can tell an LG section is experimental because it is WAY too easy or it had like 4 of the same game type. The test writers are not nice enough to give us 4 basic ordering games on a real section. :smile:

I think @"Dillon A. Wright" is referring to a situation where one student who had two LGs tells everyone which LG was experimental after hearing from a student with one LG which one was real. This is allowed because it is taking place after the test and will not impact performance or reveal copyrighted information.

@Mellow_Z and @"Dillon A. Wright" Not all virus games are bad. There is Pandemic, Outbreak, A Virus Named Tom, Contagion, Plague Inc., and many others that are fine virus games. They are also cheap on Steam.

12637 karma

@"Daniel.Sieradzki" said:
    @Mellow_Z and @"Dillon A. Wright" Not all virus games are bad. There is Pandemic, Outbreak, A Virus Named Tom, Contagion, Plague Inc., and many others that are fine virus games. They are also cheap on Steam.

https://media.giphy.com/media/qrsVHjq3Kh97O/giphy.gif

edited June 2017 12637 karma

@"Dillon A. Wright" Oh no you didn't! We do not mention dinosaurs around here!

http://antennamag.com/files/2015/05/Shaq-wiggling-gif.gif

• Mellow_ZMellow_Z Alum Member
    1997 karma

@Mellow_Z Yeah, there is no way to know which section was experimental without sharing info with other test takers. Sometimes, you can tell an LG section is experimental because it is WAY too easy or it had like 4 of the same game type. The test writers are not nice enough to give us 4 basic ordering games on a real section. :smile:

Lol I ninja edited it because I came to realize that if enough people post then you can eventually conclude which are which. Thanks for the info and for confirming!

@Mellow_Z Lol. People are eager to compere sections and figure out if the game involving quantum physics and sorting sub-atomic particles by mass, composition, and year of discovery is experimental. If this kind of game was ever on an LSAT, it would sadly be real, probably. Don't worry people. Because I am not taking this test, the LSAT writers will not do this. They are saving it for me in case I retake.

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    edited June 2017 3112 karma

Gif game is lit ITT lol

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma

Good luck guys! East Coast should be heading to the TCs right about now. Put your game faces on, play your pump up music, and go kill it!

You are the MJ of LSAT, and you've been coached by @"J.Y. Ping" who is the Phil Jackson of LSAT. You got this.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited June 2017 23929 karma

@"Cant Get Right" said:
    You are the MJ of LSAT, and you've been coached by @"J.Y. Ping" who is the Phil Jackson of LSAT. You got this.

AMEN! Luck is last dying wish of the unprepared... you guys don't need it and got this! Kill it :)

12637 karma

Looks like people are getting out of the test now. Let us know how you felt!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"Dillon A. Wright" said:
    Looks like people are getting out of the test now. Let us know how you felt!

I hope all the games were back to normal games from like the 50s haha

3112 karma

@"Dillon A. Wright" can we get a poll please :)

12637 karma

@JustDoIt said:
    @"Dillon A. Wright" can we get a poll please :)

Sure! Making one.

12637 karma

Done

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

I didn't take but just wanted to say sup

3112 karma

@"Dillon A. Wright" said:
    Done

Thanks!! :blush:

• Pepperkim2016Pepperkim2016 Free Trial Member
    11 karma

how many section in the test? 4or 5?

12637 karma

@Pepperkim2016 said:
    how many section in the test? 4or 5?

5 + writing sample

11 karma

Thank you. So we cannot talk about what are the sections we got? I thought it is ok to say things like I got 2 LG.

• goaddwgoaddw Member
    edited June 2017 27 karma

I had 2 RCs. The first had a passage regarding Wynton Marsalis/jazz, while the other had a passage about Ancient North America structures based off of astronomy/supernova. Which section was the test section?

• danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma

@goaddw what LG?

• mackenzie.arnold3mackenzie.arnold3 Free Trial Member
    edited June 2017 3 karma

-

4181 karma

And jazz is real

• grworrellgrworrell Free Trial Member
    edited June 2017 8 karma

-

• mymouthonvacationmymouthonvacation Free Trial Member
    14 karma

Grooming, lg, real or fake?
    Urban rural magazine lg real or fake?

• goaddwgoaddw Member
    27 karma

Sweet baby Jesus, I aced that RC. I am confident I did. LG with 5 tasks was real.

12637 karma

@Pepperkim2016 said:
    Thank you. So we cannot talk about what are the sections we got? I thought it is ok to say things like I got 2 LG.

That's fine.

14 karma

5 tasks?
    As in props, wardrobe etc?

• goaddwgoaddw Member
    edited June 2017 27 karma

@mymouthonvacation The latter was for real. So, U or R.

14 karma

Fantastic. Shit was easy.

14 karma

Appreciate it.

12637 karma
    4181 karma

Wait the U or R was real?????? I might be canceling my score otherwise! I had to GUESS for 5-7 questions on the other LR

14 karma

The grooming problem was garbage.
    The one was UR Magazine
    Obstacle Course
    And I'm not sure about this third one.
    Cities

• zhoub14zhoub14 Alum Member
    edited June 2017 5 karma

So I had three LRs. Two of them had 25 questions each and one had 26 questions. Is the one with 26 real?

edited June 2017 12637 karma

Someone who had no experimental LG please verify if the following is real:

LG:
    Urban Rural Magazine / Travellers & Cities (Tokyo, Sydney, Manila) / Obstacle Course
    Kittens/Puppies
    Amusement Parks
    Museum
    Flower
    Grooming
    5 Tasks/Wardrobe, Props

11 karma

it is just me have 3 section of LR?

12637 karma

@zhoub14 said:
    So I had three LRs. Two of them had 25 questions each and one had 26 questions. Is the one with 26 real?

You cannot tell based on question amounts alone. See the link for what we have confirmed for LR.

edited June 2017 14 karma

To be clear: urban magazine, obstacle course and cities (Tokyo, syndney, Manila) were all one section. .
    I don't remember the fourth for that.
    Grooming, and the 5 tasks, were in the same section.

• LSATTTTTTTTLSATTTTTTTT Alum Member
    edited June 2017 84 karma

Just finished the test. Had one reading comp section and I remember two passages: jazz, judges/evidence. Had two logic games sections. One section had a circle game that was tricky, and I think a puppy/kitten question (based on convos after test pretty sure this section was experimental). Other logic game section had a question about trips to Manila, Tokyo, Sydney (pretty sure this section was real). I had two logic games sections one with 25 questions and the other with 26 so the 26 question one is definitely real.

12637 karma

@mymouthonvacation said:
    To be clear: urban magazine, obstacle course and cities (Tokyo, syndney, Manila) were all one section. .
    I don't remember the fourth for that.
    Grooming, and the 5 tasks, were in the same section.

Thanks, editing my post.

• Crosby87Crosby87 Alum Member
    121 karma

Had two RC sections, one about jazz, psychologists and I can't quite remember what was in the second one but have a feeling it was the experimental.
    In my games section I had magazines (urban/rural), Manila/Tokyo/Sydney and amusement parks question. I found the LG to be pretty straightforward actually.

14 karma

@ASIALSAT said:
    Just finished the test. Had one reading comp section and I remember two passages: jazz, judges/evidence. Had two logic games sections. One section had a circle game that was tricky, and I think a puppy/kitten question (based on convos after test pretty sure this section was experimental). Other logic game section had a question about trips to Manila, Tokyo, Sydney (pretty sure this section was real). I had two logic games sections one with 25 questions and the other with 26 so the 26 question one is definitely real.

That's what I thought too. I for the life of me don't remember a kitty puppy question.

• Crosby87Crosby87 Alum Member
    121 karma

Also hoping that I did as well on the LSAT as Crosby did last night...a girl can dream

14 karma

@Crosby87 said:
    Had two RC sections, one about jazz, psychologists and I can't quite remember what was in the second one but have a feeling it was the experimental.
    In my games section I had magazines (urban/rural), Manila/Tokyo/Sydney and amusement parks question. I found the LG to be pretty straightforward actually.

Beautiful. Thanks.
    Jazz real.
    Am I misremembering or was the amusement parks one an obstacle course game?

14 karma

Also, the one question for logic games was a carbon copy of one in test prep.
    Down to the letters for diagramming.