Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official June LSAT Discussion Thread

Comments

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    3072 karma

Am I allowed to say where experimental section was or has someone already confirmed?

• phelanj75phelanj75 Alum Member
    279 karma

had an experimental LR

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma

@goingfor99th said:
    Am I allowed to say where experimental section was or has someone already confirmed?

You can say. See other stickied thread for what is experimental and what is real.

279 karma

anyone get the sense that they recycled some of those LR questions? seemed oddly familiar . maybe its just a coincidence

279 karma

@hephlopr17 said:
    I had 3 LR. Was the one about blowing hands/drying hands with paper towels real?

don't think i had that one

• mymouthonvacationmymouthonvacation Free Trial Member
    14 karma

@goingfor99th said:
    I had RC, LR, LG, LR, LG.

Same.

279 karma

LR RC LR LG LR

• Hannah56Hannah56 Alum Member
    224 karma

I don't know if this is an allowerd question, please delete if it's not. But the last LR with 25 Q's had a lot of straight line bubbling? Or is it only me

279 karma

@gaohaoyuandd said:
    Had two RCs, according to previous comments the real one was the one with wyton Marsali

had that one as well
    my experimental was LR

279 karma

@Zachary_P said:

@yellowavcable said:
    I had LR RC LR LG LR.

My last LR had a question about red light and chlorophyll. My first LR had something about vampires and was the hardest for me. The second LR was the easiest for me (and I think had 26 questions?).

I believe the last LR is real. Do we know whether the first or second LR is experimental?

I had the exact same order and based on the two questions you described, the same order questions within the sections as well. I also felt like the first (vampire one) was the hardest. Fortunately, I believe that was the experimental one. Check on the other thread about which one's are real... I can't quite remember other questions from that first section. Look through that thread and help me out if you can and maybe we can find a way to confirm it was experimental.

really hope your right .. struggled with time management on the first section

• InArguendoInArguendo Free Trial Member
    26 karma

Since LG is my worst performing section, OF COURSE my test had two of them.
    The first one felt experimental as I breezed through all four and skipped a rule substitution question, then after the break there was ANOTHER one and i missed an entire game.

26 karma

also feel like no ones mentioned a game with catering crews and a game with performers???

• hephlopr17hephlopr17 Free Trial Member
    6 karma

I had LR (26) RC LR (26) LG LR (25)

My first LR (26) was the one with blow drying hands and occupying alien spaceships (and some other questions with subjects similar to PTs), so I'm guessing it was the experimental?

• KateelaineKateelaine Alum Member
    172 karma

I only had one LG section, and found it surprisingly easy. But now I'm paranoid I only thought they were easy because I missed some huge inference, and I really bombed the section. Overall, I have no idea how I did. Maybe I scored my highest, or maybe an all new low. I'm registered for the September, just in case. July 6th can't come soon enough.

• jowens7317jowens7317 Alum Member
    244 karma

Almost positive if you had LR RC LR LG LR that the first LR was experimental

• blah blahblah blah Alum Member
    111 karma

@InArguendo said:
    also feel like no ones mentioned a game with catering crews and a game with performers???

Was the catering crews one the last game? I had a similar sounding game and it was (thankfully) experimental.

• eagles111eagles111 Free Trial Member
    45 karma

I don't remember the amusement park question...what was it on?I do recall the obstacle, magazine editing and the city visits

26 karma

also: no one's mentioned a logic game about president and vice presidents.

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

Katherine: The real LG section was unusually easy.

26 karma

@"Dillon A. Wright" said:
    Someone with no experimental RC help me break these down please. I have the following listed as real:

Wynton Marsalis/Jazz
    Dowsing
    Children
    Psychologists
    Inferences
    Appellate and Trial Courts

RC should only have 4. Are these broken up or did I mis-categorize?

Children, psychologists, inferences are the SAME reading passage. the other three you have correct and were on my SINGLE RC section, so... real.

• Mitchell-1Mitchell-1 Member
    756 karma

That reading section wrecked me. I averaged around -5/6 for the entire test over 40 ish practice tests. That inference passage probably took care that on its own. Of course that being my first section meant I was out of it the rest of the way. September here I come!

• eagles111eagles111 Free Trial Member
    45 karma

I still don't recall any amusement park ones. does anyone else have any other context?

756 karma

@andrewgong01 said:
    I still don't recall any amusement park ones. does anyone else have any other context?

Just so you don't feel crazy, I also don't remember an amusement park question and I had two games sections.

756 karma

@cortnaycym said:
    I had LR RC LR LG LR. Trying to figure out where 1 or 3 was experimental LR (determined 5 was real). Here's all I remember:
    Section 1: parallel reasoning question about 52% of employees having been with the company for 2 years, but most in one group had been there over 5 years, therefore other group must be bigger
    Section 3: identify conclusion question about meetings being most productive when they're 30 minutes

Thank you!!

Three was real

• kazrahkazrah Alum Member
    158 karma

@Hannah56 said:
    I don't know if this is an allowerd question, please delete if it's not. But the last LR with 25 Q's had a lot of straight line bubbling? Or is it only me

I had the same thing

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@mymouthonvacation said:
    Also, the one question for logic games was a carbon copy of one in test prep.
    Down to the letters for diagramming.

Damn! do recall which one?

Would you say LG was pretty normal? Anything crazy like we've been seeing/anticipating?

158 karma

I had LR - RC - LR - LG - LR

Still not sure which one the experimental LR was, as what's currently confirmed for the real LR was all only found in my last section.

LG was surprisingly straightforward, games 1-3 made me realize that 4 would be the hard one. Hope that I did as well as I thought I did.

RC also wasn't too bad, but I recall that for the comp. passages I narrowed down almost each question to two choices that were hard to pick from.

756 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@mymouthonvacation said:

Would you say LG was pretty normal? Anything crazy like we've been seeing/anticipating?

Absolutely not. LG was REAL easy. Even my experimental questions were pretty standard (outside of the beer one just having a lot of iterations). For me it felt like they upped the ante on RC and balanced via games.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"Mitchell-1" said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@mymouthonvacation said:

Absolutely not. LG was REAL easy. Even my experimental questions were pretty standard (outside of the beer one just having a lot of iterations). For me it felt like they upped the ante on RC and balanced via games.

Damn! Happy to hear that because RC is my jam and LG, ehhh... not so much.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@kazrah said:
    I had LR - RC - LR - LG - LR

Still not sure which one the experimental LR was, as what's currently confirmed for the real LR was all only found in my last section.

LG was surprisingly straightforward, games 1-3 made me realize that 4 would be the hard one. Hope that I did as well as I thought I did.

RC also wasn't too bad, but I recall that for the comp. passages I narrowed down almost each question to two choices that were hard to pick from.

what type of question was the hardest one(s)? If they had a type that is.

158 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@mymouthonvacation said:

Each of the games was familiar; there was no infamous "Virus"-level game (this is my retake since I got rekt by that one)

edited June 2017 756 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@"Mitchell-1" said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@mymouthonvacation said:

I would switch places with you in a heartbeat. RC for me is entirely luck based depending on the passage. Some sections (meaning all four passages) I miss zero some sections I miss six. It really just depends on if a subject matter grabs me.

158 karma

@"Mitchell-1" said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@"Mitchell-1" said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@mymouthonvacation said:

I would switch places with you in a heartbeat. RC for me is entirely luck based depending on the passage. Some sections (meaning all four passages) I miss zero some sections I miss six. It really just depends on if a subject matter grabs me.

I get you on that, usually I have to force myself into a mindset where I think that each passage is the most fascinating thing I've read all day. For this administration of the test I thought the RC wasn't too bad, each passage was pretty interesting to me.

3072 karma

@"Mitchell-1" said:
    That reading section wrecked me. I averaged around -5/6 for the entire test over 40 ish practice tests. That inference passage probably took care that on its own. Of course that being my first section meant I was out of it the rest of the way. September here I come!

Inference passage was a beast.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@kazrah said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@mymouthonvacation said:

Each of the games was familiar; there was no infamous "Virus"-level game (this is my retake since I got rekt by that one)

Oh, well that's good news. Happy to hear it. Sounds like you did much better this time around.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"Mitchell-1" said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@"Mitchell-1" said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@mymouthonvacation said:

@kazrah said:

@"Mitchell-1" said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@"Mitchell-1" said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@mymouthonvacation said:

I get you on that, usually I have to force myself into a mindset where I think that each passage is the most fascinating thing I've read all day. For this administration of the test I thought the RC wasn't too bad, each passage was pretty interesting to me.

Yeah, this is where I think having a Philosophy background can help a bit. I've also forced myself into a game I play with the LSAC: Essentially they are trying to bore the fuck out of me with idk Middle Eastern Sand Art and I'm going to win by staying focused. Staying into and focused really can be half the battle.

The new RC is definitely more beast though. I have the Cambridge Packets and earlier PTs and used to go -3/-4 when before I even began prepping. On the new ones, I might be lucky to go -5. Though I haven't really prepped much with the new stuff. Ahh well! I hope you guys did well today though! At least its over :)

• LSAT Is ComingLSAT Is Coming Alum Member
    edited June 2017 530 karma

From easiest to hardest:
    --> Writing (lmao -- Team Anti-Toll Troll)
    --> First LR section (the one without the nuclear reactor / steam question)
    --> LG
    --> RC (I actually found the Jazz passage the hardest -- easy passage but hard questions)
    --> Second LR section (the one with the nuclear reactor / steam question -- RIP)

• LSAT Is ComingLSAT Is Coming Alum Member
    530 karma

Side note -- it amazed me how quickly the day flew by (besides the agonizing hours in the morning). Was sitting from noon until past 5, and it genuinely felt like an hour.

3072 karma

@btmccartney said:
    Side note -- it amazed me how quickly the day flew by (besides the agonizing hours in the morning). Was sitting from noon until past 5, and it genuinely felt like an hour.

Same. The day went by incredibly quickly.

• Lauren AlvarezLauren Alvarez Alum Member
    50 karma

Anyone recall the following LR:

-caterpillars with spots avoiding prey
    -being morally responsible for an event if casually involved and intended event to occur
    -Pluto planet classification disagreement

• twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma

Recommended tip post writing the test - the order of the sections that you took do not necessarily parallel someone else's in regards to which section was experimental. My "apparent" LR experimental was my 1st section on the test but it was someone else's section later in the test - given 3 LRs.

Hope this helps:)

158 karma

@"Lauren Alvarez" said:

-being morally responsible for an event if casually involved and intended event to occur

Had 3 LR sections and don't recall that at all

• twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma

Thanks @"Dillon A. Wright" for all your work to help us determine what sections are experimental!!
    <3

• ahmadkre93ahmadkre93 Free Trial Member
    26 karma

@InArguendo said:
    also: no one's mentioned a logic game about president and vice presidents.

I found that game rather difficult. It was experimental, right?

• Lauren AlvarezLauren Alvarez Alum Member
    50 karma

I had 3 LRs and can't recall anything about blowdrying hands or train clocks

@kazrah said:

@"Lauren Alvarez" said:

Had 3 LR sections and don't recall that at all

• smseraj3smseraj3 Alum Member
    162 karma

I had one rc on jazz a moderately easy LR section a tough LG section (beer game). Then hard Lr section and easy LR? I just want to confirm: are we positivethat the experimental section is The logic games section with the beer game? I know that it says that game is experimental but I just want to make sure that the entire section is experimental

edited June 2017 3072 karma

My experimental LG was the 3rd section. 5th was real.

• Crosby87Crosby87 Alum Member
    121 karma

sorry by amusement parks I meant obstacle course. The LSAT had my brain all fuzzy. Sorry for the confusion peeps

• Pink DustPink Dust Alum Member
    403 karma

Did anyone not have for the LG - It was training and grooming? is that the kittens one? I can't remember.
    I had two LG sections. So i don't remember which one is which

• Pink DustPink Dust Alum Member
    403 karma

@smseraj3 said:
    I had one rc on jazz a moderately easy LR section a tough LG section (beer game). Then hard Lr section and easy LR? I just want to confirm: are we positivethat the experimental section is The logic games section with the beer game? I know that it says that game is experimental but I just want to make sure that the entire section is experimental

Wait, i had the beer one too!! I had two sections. I bombed the beer one, I was really upset :( Is that the experimental one??
    the other LG section was much easier.