Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official June LSAT Discussion Thread

Comments

• eagles12345eagles12345 Free Trial Member
    52 karma

If only we can go back 24 hours ...anything to turn time back just a bit

• smseraj3smseraj3 Alum Member
    162 karma

I've seen people talk about a -8 curve. On average a 155 is roughly 65 correct. What do you guys think people would have to get right to get the same score with this curve?

• lexxxi24lexxxi24 Free Trial Member
    5 karma

Does anyone remember how many questions were in the real LG section?

• kazrahkazrah Alum Member
    158 karma

There were 23 Q

• eagles12345eagles12345 Free Trial Member
    52 karma

@smseraj3 said:
    I've seen people talk about a -8 curve. On average a 155 is roughly 65 correct. What do you guys think people would have to get right to get the same score with this curve?

I dont think it has ever been -8. I think the conensus is closer to -10 or -11 depending on the RC since RC appears to have been brutal. The curve changes tend to only effect the upper most portion of the distribution so its probably roughly the same for the situation you posted. In recent years the curve has mainly affected the right most distribution the most

• 7SageThanks7SageThanks Free Trial Member
    166 karma

Can't stop thinking about those RC passages. Can anyone explain them without breaking the forum rules about specific questions and answers?

• LSAT Is ComingLSAT Is Coming Alum Member
    530 karma

There's been some solid analysis online regarding the curves that can be expected from different test dates. June exams disproportionately have a -10 curve. In fact, the vast majority are -10, with very few exceptions. Typically, the more generous curves (-12, -13) occur with the December exam. September/October usually comes up in the middle, leaning toward -10. I have no idea why this is, but the numbers don't lie.

Granted, there's bound to be an exception at some point -- maybe we'll luck out!

Source: http://lsatblog.blogspot.co.uk/2010/04/easiest-lsat-curve-hardest-june.html

• Zachary_PZachary_P Member
    edited June 2017 659 karma

Hey. As I wrote above, I feel that this was at least a somewhat below-average difficulty test. The logic games section may be the single easiest LG section I've ever done. No odd or pattern games like have recently been included. LR had a lot of what I estimated to be very easy questions, and a few difficult ones. Again some of the easier LR sections I've done. RC was moderately difficult throughout, rather than one or two virtually unreadable passages as sometimes happens. The questions in RC made it more challenging, in my estimation. Referring to the game what you're hearing reminded you of, the game you're thinking of is much more difficult than what was on the test.

@tfatherree I agree completely with your analysis of the difficulty of this administration of the test. I was starting to doubt my own initial perceptions of the LR sections after reading some of the posts after the test. It seemed like there were basically two kinds of LR questions: fairly easy and fairly difficulty. Not a whole lot in between.

• zt43zt43 Free Trial Member
    3 karma

@phelanj75 said:
    had an experimental LR

I also had an experimental LR (LR-RC-LR-LG-LR), I think it's the one of the two with 25 questions. The last LR I had contains a parallel reasoning question in the end, and several familiar stimuli from past tests, not sure whether that's the experimental one.

• InArguendoInArguendo Free Trial Member
    edited June 2017 26 karma

@7SageThanks said:
    Can't stop thinking about those RC passages. Can anyone explain them without breaking the forum rules about specific questions and answers?

psychology/inferential thinking/children/expertise
    Wynton Marsalis
    Independent research/trial judges/appellate courts
    Dowsing aka divining rods

• kvnamed1kvnamed1 Alum Member
    edited June 2017 13 karma

Anyone else find the logical > @InArguendo said:

@7SageThanks said:

Wynton Marsalis

I think he was looking for more of a broken down analysis of each passage. I'm not sure that is allowed, but I would love to see one on the psychology passage...that was a literal mind fuck. The other passages were OK but the questions made them difficult in my view. Praying I did better on that section then I think I did, as I imagine most of us are.

530 karma

@"kevin.ahmed3" said:
    Anyone else find the logical > @InArguendo said:

@7SageThanks said:

Wynton Marsalis

I think he was looking for more of a broken down analysis of each passage. I'm not sure that is allowed, but I would love to see one on the psychology passage...that was a literal mind fuck. The other passages were OK but the questions made them difficult in my view. Praying I did better on that section then I think I did, as I imagine most of us are.

Anything more detailed is definitely not allowed, but be patient -- in three or four weeks, you'll have a full breakdown of your answers

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@tfatherree said:

@InArguendo said:

@smseraj3 said:
    Can anyone confirm if the LG section with the beer game and training/grooming game was experimental? Also can anyone explain the curve people are talking about? Thanks

While I also had two LG sections, those topics did not appear in EITHER of my LG section, therefore they must have been experimental.
    The curve:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grading_on_a_curve
    tl;dr:
    Your score isn't determined directly by how many you got wrong or right, but by how well you did in comparison to all of the other test takers so that an extremely hard test where everyone does poorly, you can get a higher score with more raw mistakes... You should really know this by now in your academic career...

That's actually not how the LSAT "curve" is determined. It's not a curve in the traditional sense-the score chart is supposed to be adjusted based on the logical difficulty of the exam. Then, your percentile ranking measures you and your score against the last three years of test takers. But yes, basically, if the overall logical difficulty of the test was a bit lower than average, it may require more questions to get to certain scores. Usually affects high score area more.

https://www.powerscore.com/lsat/help/scale.cfm

Yes, thank you for pointing this fact out!

• Pink DustPink Dust Alum Member
    403 karma

@RRH1616_ said:
    I also had 2RC, 2LR and 1LG. I did feel like both of the RC were unusually difficult and time consuming. I can't particularly remember which of the two RCs I did within time and the other I ran out. This was my first time taking the test and honestly I think my nerves got the better of me. My heart was thumping all through the first three sections and I couldn't concentrate properly. Plus (I'm not trying to make excuses for myself) the girl sitting next to me kept reaching into her pocket for m&ms during the test! She's not supposed to eat anything while taking the test, is she? But anyway, her chewing and cracking the packet distracted me a bit. Should I have said something to the examiner? Anyway, first three games were straight forward and I got caught up on the last game :( Anyone have recommendations for which PTs have games similar to the last one?

Yeah i feel the same way. I was just too nervous first three sections. The break was just spent calming myself down. Lmao!!! HOW IS SHE EATING DURING THIS EXAM. that is a skill within itself. Damn.

• theLSATdreamertheLSATdreamer Alum Member
    1287 karma

So i took mine today and i had 3 LR sections the game section was extremely easy i had 53 min finished in 32 went over it again, reading kicked my ass though second RC was hard i had the rc with the jazz players, either way im feeling good and im releaved its over

1287 karma

Btw my accomodatiok was nice the lady let me have candy bars and a red bull !!! It was just me and one other test taker

• jowens7317jowens7317 Alum Member
    244 karma

Totally guessing here..I think we'll get a -12 curve. Optimistic I know haha but wow at that RC section

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@theLSATdreamer said:
    Btw my accomodatiok was nice the lady let me have candy bars and a red bull !!! It was just me and one other test taker

Yooo! That's lit. I love Red Bulls and candy is always bomb. Your lady sounds chill :)

• RRH1616_RRH1616_ Alum Member
    45 karma

@"Pink Dust" said:

@RRH1616_ said:
    I also had 2RC, 2LR and 1LG. I did feel like both of the RC were unusually difficult and time consuming. I can't particularly remember which of the two RCs I did within time and the other I ran out. This was my first time taking the test and honestly I think my nerves got the better of me. My heart was thumping all through the first three sections and I couldn't concentrate properly. Plus (I'm not trying to make excuses for myself) the girl sitting next to me kept reaching into her pocket for m&ms during the test! She's not supposed to eat anything while taking the test, is she? But anyway, her chewing and cracking the packet distracted me a bit. Should I have said something to the examiner? Anyway, first three games were straight forward and I got caught up on the last game :( Anyone have recommendations for which PTs have games similar to the last one?

Yeah i feel the same way. I was just too nervous first three sections. The break was just spent calming myself down. Lmao!!! HOW IS SHE EATING DURING THIS EXAM. that is a skill within itself. Damn.

Right??? I'm like I can't even finish reading and you're over there looking into your pockets for M&Ms??? Magic.

• RRH1616_RRH1616_ Alum Member
    45 karma

@jowens7317 said:
    Totally guessing here..I think we'll get a -12 curve. Optimistic I know haha but wow at that RC section

Let that be true tears

1287 karma

@"Alex Divine" she really was, it was me and another girl and accommodation tests are lonnnng. so she was extra chill

@jowens7317 I love the optimism haha that RC was rough haha the girl that took the test with me said "this RC made me feel like I have the reading capabilities of a 5 year old with ADHD" so at least i know its not just me.

• lexxxi24lexxxi24 Free Trial Member
    5 karma

@ASIALSAT said:
    Just finished the test. Had one reading comp section and I remember two passages: jazz, judges/evidence. Had two logic games sections. One section had a circle game that was tricky, and I think a puppy/kitten question (based on convos after test pretty sure this section was experimental). Other logic game section had a question about trips to Manila, Tokyo, Sydney (pretty sure this section was real). I had two logic games sections one with 25 questions and the other with 26 so the 26 question one is definitely real.

Did anyone else have logic game sections with 25 questions or 26 questions?

• Mitchell-1Mitchell-1 Member
    756 karma

@lexxxi24 said:

@ASIALSAT said:
    Just finished the test. Had one reading comp section and I remember two passages: jazz, judges/evidence. Had two logic games sections. One section had a circle game that was tricky, and I think a puppy/kitten question (based on convos after test pretty sure this section was experimental). Other logic game section had a question about trips to Manila, Tokyo, Sydney (pretty sure this section was real). I had two logic games sections one with 25 questions and the other with 26 so the 26 question one is definitely real.

No but that sounds like a dream scenario. Basically the exact opposite of that RC section :-P

• ELpell23ELpell23 Member
    101 karma

@Hannah56 said:
    I don't know if this is an allowerd question, please delete if it's not. But the last LR with 25 Q's had a lot of straight line bubbling? Or is it only me

YES that scared me...

• 7SageThanks7SageThanks Free Trial Member
    166 karma

I think the inferring own thoughts passage was about this...Or am I still totally off base?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_fable

• nilakayjacksonnilakayjackson Free Trial Member
    28 karma

All I remember from the test is wynton marsalis, beer game, sydney manila tokyo... I must have blacked out during Logical Reasoning.

530 karma

@nilakayjackson said:
    All I remember from the test is wynton marsalis, beer game, sydney manila tokyo... I must have blacked out during Logical Reasoning.

Same -- besides one LR question, I literally remember NOTHING. Either a very good or a very dreadful sign.

1287 karma

@LSATiscoming sadly im in the same boat three LR sections and I can only recall one about fire 400,000 years ago.

• shanedridershanedrider Alum Member
    156 karma

I gotta say I wasn't the biggest fan of the afternoon LSAT. Felt like I hit a mental wall around the 3rd section due to it being 3:00 by that time and the day just dragging on.

• tfatherreetfatherree Free Trial Member
    22 karma

@lexxxi24 said:

@ASIALSAT said:

I think @ASIALSAT meant to say logical seasoning sections in the last sentence? Because the real LG was 23 questions for sure, and 25/26 are the respective question numbers of the LR sections. Anyone remember how many questions were in RC?

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    3652 karma

@zhoub14 said:
    So I had three LRs. Two of them had 25 questions each and one had 26 questions. Is the one with 26 real?

Shit! I thought they all had the same amount of questions so I quickly bubbled in at random a 26th question on my last LR when I saw that the LR section before had 26 questions bubbled in :((

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    edited June 2017 3652 karma

I had 2 RC sections, 2 LR, and 1 LG (in that order from what I recall).
    In my last LR, I noticed a sort of grammatical error in one of the questions towards the end (maybe around #17 or so). I don't remember the exact phrasing. In the middle of a sentence in the stimulus it said something like "but and". It was two conjunctions that did not make sense together. Anyone else notice that?

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    3072 karma

@"surfy surf" said:
    In my last LR, I noticed a sort of grammatical error in one of the questions towards the end (maybe around #17 or so). I don't remember the exact phrasing. In the middle of a sentence in the stimulus it said something like "but and". It was two conjunctions that did not make sense together. Anyone else notice that?

Maybe it wasn't actually a mistake.

• Lilhannah1345Lilhannah1345 Alum Member
    edited June 2017 71 karma

@"surfy surf" said:

1287 karma

btw i have allof thelsats from 1- 70 and the mastermind watch, how much do you guys think i can get for it online? lol

3072 karma

@theLSATdreamer said:
    btw i have allof thelsats from 1- 70 and the mastermind watch, how much do you guys think i can get for it online? lol

$20

1287 karma

@goingfor99th damn it I was hoping for at least 25$ the watch was helpful i suppose i can use it to live my life 53min at a time

3072 karma

@theLSATdreamer said:
    @goingfor99th damn it I was hoping for at least 25$ the watch was helpful i suppose i can use it to live my life 53min at a time

;)

I'm only teasing. You may be able to get more. Not much more, though. Better to just keep it as a souvenir, maybe pass it down to your kids someday if you have them.

• nessa.k13.0nessa.k13.0 Inactive ⭐
    4141 karma

@theLSATdreamer said:
    @LSATiscoming sadly im in the same boat three LR sections and I can only recall one about fire 400,000 years ago.

Lol Same here with 3LR sections. The fire 400,000 yrs ago Europe one wasn't as tricky to me as the quark and neutron one. All the sections are blurred in my mind Idk which section was experimental anymore.

Anyone remember any of the following LR topics: objectivity of newspaper journalists and new media companies being partisan, a company w/a new central computing system/paper files, returning things on time, a project going over budget, dwarf planets/Pluto, rejecting a politicians proposal, the use of 2 types of camouflage/snake eyes/caterpillars, tearing down a historic building?

158 karma

@"nessa.k13.0" said:

@theLSATdreamer said:

Lol Same here with 3LR sections. The fire 400,000 yrs ago Europe one wasn't as tricky to me as the quark and neutron one. All the sections are blurred in my mind Idk which section was experimental anymore.

Anyone remember any of the following LR topics: objectivity of newspaper journalists and new media companies being partisan, a company w/a new central computing system/paper files, returning things on time, a project going over budget, dwarf planets/Pluto, rejecting a politicians proposal, the use of 2 types of camouflage/snake eyes/caterpillars, tearing down a historic building?

I had that exact section you're describing, but I had 3 LR so it might be exp

4141 karma

^Those questions are over random sections.

3072 karma

@"nessa.k13.0" said:

@theLSATdreamer said:

I remember the first, second, third, unsure on the fourth, don't remember the fifth, remember the sixth, don't remember the seventh, remember the eighth.

158 karma

@"nessa.k13.0" said:

Oh geez

Well that shows how well I remember the test after xD

edited June 2017 4141 karma

@kazrah said:

@"nessa.k13.0" said:

Oh geez

Well that shows how well I remember the test after xD

LOL nah it's a lot to try to recall and order. I remember thinking 1 section was much more challenging and strange than the others.

Thanks @goingfor99th ! I'm sure you can find friends in law school living their lives 53 mins at a time :lol:

• hhhiser_06hhhiser_06 Alum Member
    46 karma

@"Dillon A. Wright" said:
    Someone with no experimental RC help me break these down please. I have the following listed as real:

Wynton Marsalis/Jazz
    Dowsing
    Children
    Psychologists
    Inferences
    Appellate and Trial Courts

RC should only have 4. Are these broken up or did I mis-categorize?

The Psychologists was about Inferences. The RC list, to the best of my recollection, as I only had one RC section was as follows.

Jazz
    Dowsing
    Psychologists-Inferences
    Appellate and Trail Courts

edited June 2017 3072 karma

I think I answered that nuclear reactor steam/heavy isotope question correctly.

Other than that marsh clearing question, that was my most uncertain selection.

Yippppeeee!

• Gary NYCGary NYC Free Trial Member
    edited June 2017 95 karma

That was the easiest logic games ever, but the LR an RC were difficult. Usually I do really good on LG, so I was hoping that LG would be harder and RC and LR easier since I always get a perf score on LG. But nope! :(

edited June 2017 3072 karma

@"Gary NYC" said:
    That was the easiest logic games ever, but the LR an RC were difficult. Usually I do really good on LG, so I was hoping that LG would be harder and RC and LR easier since I always get a perf score on LG. But nope! :(

How much time did you have left at G4? I had 15.

4141 karma

@"Gary NYC" said:

Yeah I was so ready for experimental LG!

• BirdLaw818BirdLaw818 Free Trial Member
    edited June 2017 553 karma

edit*