Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Photo guidelines

fmihalic2fmihalic2 Free Trial Member
in General 266 karma

Hey all,

How crazy strict is LSAC with the photos? Does it literally have to fill up every bit of that little square thing?

My photo is a professional headshot but when I uploaded it, it doesn't fill up the square thing.

Comments

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

Maybe you should crop the photo to 2”x2” (195px x 195px).
    http://www.lsac.org//jd/lsat/day-of-test/photo-requirements/?view=1

LSAT photo requirements may not be so strict, but it certainly is better safe than sorry. It really depends on the proctor, and I think your photo should meet every requirement.

• Freddy_DFreddy_D Alum Member
    2983 karma

I would definitely err on the side of caution. You never know how strict or lenient the proctors will be on test day.

• Maximus4Maximus4 Alum Member
    206 karma

I have the same problem, I hope someone can clarify. I am unable to make the image fill the entire square.

• GrecoRomanGrecoRoman Alum Member
    140 karma

I called LSAC because no matter how many times I cropped the image, it still slowed a sliver of white on the edges. Despite it saying it has to be completely filled in, the phone rep told me it's fine if it isn't filled all the way in as long is it can clearly identify you. Make sure the picture looks like the examples given and crop it and you should be good.

• Maximus4Maximus4 Alum Member
    206 karma

there is like a column of gray on each side for mine, although the vertical portion of the picture fits perfectly. As long as they can identify you from the picture does it matter how much gray space is actually present ?

• GrecoRomanGrecoRoman Alum Member
    140 karma

Did you use their cropping tool on the website? It should mostly fill in with their cropping tool.

• fmihalic2fmihalic2 Free Trial Member
    266 karma

I didn't use the cropping tool but it isn't filled. Think like the middle 80% is filled with 10% on each side empty. I hope that is clear.

There are no other concerns other than this as it is a professional photo. Tried to do it myself but there were always shadows so I had to go get it done professionally.

• Zachary_PZachary_P Member
    659 karma

I'm sure it differs by testing site, but at mine they quickly scanned my ticket, my passport, and me and handed it right back to me. Took about 3 seconds. I even grew my hair out to match the picture on my ticket for fear of being turned away for not having the same appearance on test day. While I would expect this to be the norm, especially at bigger testing sites where they have to check in one hundred or more test takers, I agree it's better to err on the side of caution and come as close as you can to filling the space.