Campus tour + possible admissions officer meeting. Prepare as if interview?

Hi all,

Another admissions question! I'm taking a campus tour in 2 weeks. Should I prepare as if there were an interview? It said when I scheduled the appointment that it would be a tour guided by student ambassadors and/or a possible visit with an admissions officer. Please note that this school does not require or request interviews.

If I should prepare as if for an interview, where do I start?

Comments

• ramseyr2ramseyr2 Member
    7 karma

I actually have a similar question, would love to hear the answer!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@CinnamonTea said:
    Hi all,

Another admissions question! I'm taking a campus tour in 2 weeks. Should I prepare as if there were an interview? It said when I scheduled the appointment that it would be a tour guided by student ambassadors and/or a possible visit with an admissions officer. Please note that this school does not require or request interviews.

If I should prepare as if for an interview, where do I start?

Hmmm... Chances are you won't be interviewed from what you wrote. If you get the chance to speak with admissions, just make sure you are dressed nicely and on the off chance you do find yourself in an interview situation, that you have your bases covered. To begin with, why do you want to go to law school specifically at X School of Law.

• dennisgerrarddennisgerrard Member
    1644 karma

I would say take it easy when you do school visit. Research on school's strong fields and how it connect with you personally. Interview will overestimate the visit.

• Daniel.SieradzkiDaniel.Sieradzki Member Sage
    2301 karma

@CinnamonTea As the other posters have mentioned, it is unlikely that they will interview you. They probably have too many people touring the campus to give individual interviews. That being said, I still think you should prepare a mental Why X essay as @"Alex Divine" mentioned.

Even if you don't get to speak with admissions, try to have meaningful conversations with the other staff, students, and the tour guides. Ask questions, find out more about the school, and see if you mesh well with the campus community. All of this can be mentioned in a Why X essay. The best Why X essay I ever read came from someone who did a school visit. She wrote about the amazing conversations she had with current students, the class she sat in on, and other things that made her very excited to attend. This can be as powerful as an interview (or even more powerful). Good luck!