Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

what to do after CC?

MooseonthelooseMooseontheloose Alum Member
in General 92 karma

I am nearing the end of my core curriculum, what's the next step?

should I be fool proofing logic games from pt 1-35? or diving into the pts? or something else perhaps?

thanks

Comments

• Harrison_PavHarrison_Pav Alum Member
    218 karma

I would start taking full lsat PT from 36 and up, and then during the week, after you have BRed the test, look at pt 1-35 (probably like PT 20-35) section by section to sharpen your skills in areas you have trouble with. Definitely spend adequate time foolproofing the games, but those are also only a 1/4 of the test. I would recommend spending lots of time on the LR.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Mooseontheloose said:

should I be fool proofing logic games from pt 1-35? or diving into the pts? or something else perhaps?

thanks

I can't recommend fool proofing LG from PT 1-35 before you begin full timed PTs. If you're LG isn't consistently -0, then you already know where you need work without having to sacrifice finite PTs. You can also do timed sections from early PTs while fool proofing so you can hone your skills on LR and RC too.

• Not Ralph NaderNot Ralph Nader Alum Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2098 karma

It depends on your goal, if you are aiming for 170+, you need to go -2 to -0 on LG consistently. LG bundle is part of CC for Ultimate+ users. I would recommend fool proofing LG bundle before taking any new PTs. I quoted one of my previous comments about the way I approached LG bundle I hope it would be useful to you.

My suggestion: after fool proofing LG Bundle, take LG sections of PT 1-35 under time and watch J.Y explanation after completing each section but this time when you watching focus mostly on how he teaches to perceive the right answer choice (instead of brute force) and try to implement his suggestions on the next section.

Do not get bog down on one question (take a hint if possible) but if you find one super difficult and you are confident about your master game board, skip the question answer others in that particular game then come back to it use your other set ups you drew; if nothing works finish the section and if you have extra time come back to it. The ultimate goal is to be able to systematically answer any questions so when under exam pressure you just follow your system. You need to develop a system that works best for you. The system I am trying to follow is like

1- read the question set up the sketch try make obvious inferences
    2- check answer choices
    3- If still confused take count of the items write them near questions and go through the rules one by one make inferences
    4- check answer choices
    5- If still stuck, SKIP the question
    6- After I have done all other questions I will take another try at it by only checking the question against all of my sketches (I do not try to make inferences again unless I already finished the section)

Pacifico Logic Games Attack Strategy

https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/2737/logic-games-attack-strategy

J.Y fool-proof guide

https://7sage.com/lesson/fool-proof-guide-to-perfection-on-logic-games/

I hope this helps you>

• MooseonthelooseMooseontheloose Alum Member
    92 karma

thank you!

I've got a question, what exactly is the logic game bundle? because if it's really worth it, then I might upgrade to the ultimate plus. Thanks again for posting your approach, I'll definitely be looking back at it.

@"Not Ralph Nader" said:
    It depends on your goal, if you are aiming for 170+, you need to go -2 to -0 on LG consistently. LG bundle is part of CC for Ultimate+ users. I would recommend fool proofing LG bundle before taking any new PTs. I quoted one of my previous comments about the way I approached LG bundle I hope it would be useful to you.

My suggestion: after fool proofing LG Bundle, take LG sections of PT 1-35 under time and watch J.Y explanation after completing each section but this time when you watching focus mostly on how he teaches to perceive the right answer choice (instead of brute force) and try to implement his suggestions on the next section.

Do not get bog down on one question (take a hint if possible) but if you find one super difficult and you are confident about your master game board, skip the question answer others in that particular game then come back to it use your other set ups you drew; if nothing works finish the section and if you have extra time come back to it. The ultimate goal is to be able to systematically answer any questions so when under exam pressure you just follow your system. You need to develop a system that works best for you. The system I am trying to follow is like

1- read the question set up the sketch try make obvious inferences
    2- check answer choices
    3- If still confused take count of the items write them near questions and go through the rules one by one make inferences
    4- check answer choices
    5- If still stuck, SKIP the question
    6- After I have done all other questions I will take another try at it by only checking the question against all of my sketches (I do not try to make inferences again unless I already finished the section)

Pacifico Logic Games Attack Strategy

https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/2737/logic-games-attack-strategy

J.Y fool-proof guide

https://7sage.com/lesson/fool-proof-guide-to-perfection-on-logic-games/

I hope this helps you>

92 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@Mooseontheloose said:

thanks

I can't recommend fool proofing LG from PT 1-35 before you begin full timed PTs. If you're LG isn't consistently -0, then you already know where you need work without having to sacrifice finite PTs. You can also do timed sections from early PTs while fool proofing so you can hone your skills on LR and RC too.

Thanks for your response!

so would you recommend taking a few pt's and see where my weakness lies within LG and work on those type of questions? if so, what would be the best approach to enhance my LG skills? time sections from early pt's to master the inferences?

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Mooseontheloose said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@Mooseontheloose said:

thanks

so would you recommend taking a few pt's and see where my weakness lies within LG and work on those type of questions? if so, what would be the best approach to enhance my LG skills? time sections from early pt's to master the inferences?

I don't think you need the tests to discern where your weaknesses are especially if you haven't fool proofed the all the games in the bundle. Just start at PT1 and start fool proofing. Either you'll blow through certain game types, and in that case, awesome! Or more likely than not you'll need to do most of them more than once to get them -0 and under time. That's honestly the best approach to mastering games and memorizing the inferences.

After fool proofing only half the bundle I am at least 10x better at games then I was previously. Especially the speed at which I am able to recall inferences from similar games when approaching games I've never seen!

92 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@Mooseontheloose said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@Mooseontheloose said:

thanks

I don't think you need the tests to discern where your weaknesses are especially if you haven't fool proofed the all the games in the bundle. Just start at PT1 and start fool proofing. Either you'll blow through certain game types, and in that case, awesome! Or more likely than not you'll need to do most of them more than once to get them -0 and under time. That's honestly the best approach to mastering games and memorizing the inferences.

After fool proofing only half the bundle I am at least 10x better at games then I was previously. Especially the speed at which I am able to recall inferences from similar games when approaching games I've never seen!

what exactly is the bundle? I don't see it being advertised under any of the packages and google searches tell me that it's no longer offered? I see that "not ralph nader" mentioned it only comes in the ultimate+ package and I am willing to upgrade, but first I need to know what it is. is it just like the bank? but instead you search logic games by type and sort them?

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@colloquially said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@Mooseontheloose said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@Mooseontheloose said:

thanks

what exactly is the bundle? I don't see it being advertised under any of the packages and google searches tell me that it's no longer offered? I see that "not ralph nader" mentioned it only comes in the ultimate+ package and I am willing to upgrade, but first I need to know what it is. is it just like the bank? but instead you search logic games by type and sort them?

Oh my bad. The bundle as it is known colloquially on here is just the games from PTs 1-35. It does indeed only come with the ultimate package, but if you have access of those tests then you can just makes copies and do it yourself. However, there are some neat advantages to having the access to the bundle. One is that the games were reformatted to be on 2 pages like the newer LSATs. This is great practice for what you'll encounter on your LSAT administration. Also, having the bundle allows you to print them out as needed because they are E-docs. If you can afford to upgrade to Ult+ you will not only get the LG bundles and LR Drill packets, but also access to the question bank w/ over 8000 questions that you can sort by type, PT#, and difficulty. That is by far my favorite feature of Ult+

• doyouevenLSATdoyouevenLSAT Core Member
    edited June 2017 609 karma

going to upgrade

609 karma

wow the printed change to accommodate for the similarity of the new format sold me.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@MichaelTheArchAngel said:

wow the printed change to accommodate for the similarity of the new format sold me.

going to upgrade

Yeah, dude! It is without a doubt the best decision if you're serious about mastering this test. The ultimate + package is such a value for all of material and tools you will get.

609 karma

does it add to my original expiration ? set to end in September 24? or from today in case i wanted to take the 2018 Sept 8th test.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

does it add to my original expiration ? set to end in September 24? or from today in case i wanted to take the 2018 Sept 8th test.

Yes, you will get the difference added to your account. :)

609 karma

so basically i can print random sets of what ever difficulty from whichever tests i want? i thought it was only videos you can watch.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

so basically i can print random sets of what ever difficulty from whichever tests i want? i thought it was only videos you can watch.

No, you can print the protected E-doc of any prep test (PTs1-80), drilling packets, or LG bundle when you have the ultimate + package.