Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Logic Game Advice - 7Sage Forum

Logic Game Advice

navilsatnavilsat Alum Member
in Logic Games 96 karma

Hey everyone,
Its been little more than a week of fool proofing after completing the logic games lessons in the CC and I have completed all of the the logic games in the first 10 PTs. So far, I am averaging about 11-13 mins/per game (not section) and usually get 1-2 questions wrong/per game. However, after watching the LG explanation videos, I pick up on the inferences and do the same games in half the time and rarely get any questions wrong.
I know its only been a week of fool proofing, yet I kind of feel discouraged as my time has not seen any significant change after the first 40 games (i.e., I am still taking about 45 mins per LG section). Is this progression relatively normal? I want to continue fool proofing, yet at the same time, I don't know if I should review the lessons before moving forward with the next 100 games. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Comments

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

I am at the end of my fool proofing and I moved along a similar progression as you are describing. Foolproofing takes time to engrain those inferences into your approach but it does work. I think I had my "breakthrough" around PT 23.

You may considering slowing down in terms of new games per day. I found that while I could foolproof more than 1 game per day, I would learn more by only foolproofing 1 game and redoing previous games instead of beginning a second new one. Just something to consider.

It was also helpful to keep track of inferences I was learning in order to recognize them faster. shared those here https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/11453/sharing-my-personal-lg-best-practices

Best of luck!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@navilsat said:
    Hey everyone,
    Its been little more than a week of fool proofing after completing the logic games lessons in the CC and I have completed all of the the logic games in the first 10 PTs. So far, I am averaging about 11-13 mins/per game (not section) and usually get 1-2 questions wrong/per game. However, after watching the LG explanation videos, I pick up on the inferences and do the same games in half the time and rarely get any questions wrong.
    I know its only been a week of fool proofing, yet I kind of feel discouraged as my time has not seen any significant change after the first 40 games (i.e., I am still taking about 45 mins per LG section). Is this progression relatively normal? I want to continue fool proofing, yet at the same time, I don't know if I should review the lessons before moving forward with the next 100 games. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Yes, I think this sounds normal. A week of fool proofing really isn't that long at all, at least not in the grand scheme of things. Just make sure you are re-doing them until you can get them perfectly, under time, and with a high degree of confidence such that you feel like you "own the game." There have certainly been times where I can get a game under time and go -0, but I still do not feel like I have mastered the game. In that case, I just redo the game until I feel like all of the inferences and strategies necessary to do the game have clicked.

I reviewed the LG lessons more than once during my fool proofing. I was so bad at grouping games that I must have re-watched those lessons two or three times before I absorbed everything. I would say if you think you can benefit even a little from reviewing the lessons, I would say do it!

Don't be discouraged though! You aren't even a third of the way through. Honestly, I never really felt like I had an LG revelation even after fool proofing. I painfully just kept grinding and spent probably hundred of hours doing games over and over and it paid off. I got so much better with regards to my speed, accuracy, and confidence. Now I can comfortably do most sections within 35 minutes and rarely miss more than a couple questions.

Just keep going! :)

• AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    1917 karma

It took me about 3-4 weeks to see noticeable gains, 5-7 weeks to really get big improvement, and 9-12 weeks to consistently start scoring -0 to -2 on real timed LG sections.

That was with doing several hours of LG six days a week.

Keep plugging along. Fool proofing takes time. You've got to just push through.

• navilsatnavilsat Alum Member
    96 karma

@jkatz1488 thank you so much for your list of inferences and insight, I believe it will be very helpful!

96 karma

@"Alex Divine" thank you again Alex for your advice much appreciated as always! I will continue fool proofing and will return to the CC if need be. I am planning on writing the LSAT in September and hope that I will see some improvement before August. If not, I may postpone it.

96 karma

@AllezAllez21 That is encouraging information! Thank you for the motivation.