Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAC Fee Waiver

rene4231rene4231 Alum Member

Does anyone if LSAC refunds purchases of CAS or LSATs that were already paid for if later approved for the LSAC Fee Waiver? I was initially denied the waiver, but after appealing I now have been approved. However, after being denied at first I did purchase CAS and the September LSAT which now should have been covered. I appreciate the help!

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

This seems like one of those situations where you should call and explain it directly to the LSAC. I can speculate as to what they might do, but I think that will be your best bet.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@rene4231 said:
    Does anyone if LSAC refunds purchases of CAS or LSATs that were already paid for if later approved for the LSAC Fee Waiver? I was initially denied the waiver, but after appealing I now have been approved. However, after being denied at first I did purchase CAS and the September LSAT which now should have been covered. I appreciate the help!

I went through something similar last summer when I purchased CAS after initially being denied a waver. They did not refund me my money for the CAS, but they did grant me 2 free LSAT takes within 2 years. So it wasn't a complete loss. :neutral:

• rene4231rene4231 Alum Member
    162 karma

@"Alex Divine" Thank you for the insight! I'm trying not to be ungrateful since my application fees will be waived but it is a bummer that I didn't wait.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@rene4231 said:
    @"Alex Divine" Thank you for the insight! I'm trying not to be ungrateful since my application fees will be waived but it is a bummer that I didn't wait.

I know the feeling :neutral: It sucks, but in the scheme of things having the takes and app waivers is better than nothing I suppose. Perhaps you could try to speak to a "higher up" and explain you situation and maybe they'd hear you out. All I know is I was so poor after I graduated and signed up that it hurt to spend money on all that stuff. Not to mention the all the money to send my transcripts in. Damn rip off if you ask me, lol.