New Sept Study Group*| PT 63 w/ Sage DanielS | Sunday July, 9th at 12pm EST

nessa.k13.0nessa.k13.0 Inactive ⭐
edited July 2017 in Study Groups 4141 karma

*Because there are too many September study groups in GTM and I don't want to mix them up, this group will now be known as the That's So Ravenclaw SG. I know a lot of us are fans of the Harry Potter series. In our LSAT prep (and our career aspirations in general) it would help to aspire to obtain the qualities of this house, such as cultivating a lifelong love of learning.

Regarding the "That's so Raven" part. Generally, it could also help to take some risks (calculated risks haha) and be bold like:

PT 63 w/experimental LR fr PT40 (1st LR section) Sunday, July 9th 12PM ET

Click here to join this conversation: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/992713853

Please click the link and comment if you plan on participating.

You can also dial in to the BR call by using your phone.
United States: +1 (571) 317-3122

Access Code: 992-713-853
If the link doesn't work, google Go To Meeting and enter the meeting access code

Requirements:

• For everyone: Must be finished with the core curriculum, have a solid understanding of question types, be able to identify the premises and conclusions, understand conditional logic, etc;
  • Come to each PT review sessions with at least 2 priority questions to discuss (because it is highly unlikely we are scoring 180 under timed conditions)
  • Must attend the first or second meeting
  • Must not miss consecutive meetings. Things come up and so an absence is understandable, but if you routinely miss meetings consecutively, I'll offer your position to the next person who expressed interest.

The That's So Ravenclaw study group is for 12 people who are committed to studying and improving their test performance for the September 2017 LSAT. Workshops and intensives to eliminate weaknesses will also be made available to the study group. Tuesday at 7pm is our additional study time to meet to go over other questions we didn't get to on Sunday. Comment below if you would like me to tag you for our meetings. This group will be going private in 3 weeks.

Tentative Schedule: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=00ppvvc0gp9hdvin7b0p3igdhg@group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/New_York

Comments

• Gladiator_2017Gladiator_2017 Yearly Member
    1332 karma

Looking forward to Sunday's session! Also, I've been thinking recently how I need to read the Harry Potter books...

@"nessa.k13.0" thanks for organizing!

• nessa.k13.0nessa.k13.0 Inactive ⭐
    4141 karma

@Gladiator_2017 said:
    Looking forward to Sunday's session! Also, I've been thinking recently how I need to read the Harry Potter books...

@"nessa.k13.0" thanks for organizing!

You definitely should read them if you have the chance. You're welcome, thanks for contributing!

• Pink DustPink Dust Alum Member
    403 karma

Hey quick question. So is it every Sundays now instead of Saturdays?

• nicole.brooklynnicole.brooklyn Alum Member
    341 karma

Interested!

4141 karma

@"Pink Dust" said:
    Hey quick question. So is it every Sundays now instead of Saturdays?

Yeah the time decided on for regular meetings is Sunday at 12pm.

Gotcha @"nicole.burdakin"

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

I'll be there!

• Daniel.SieradzkiDaniel.Sieradzki Member Sage
    edited July 2017 2301 karma

I guess I'll be there too!

3112 karma

Is this LR only?

• Mellow_ZMellow_Z Alum Member
    1997 karma

I might tag in on this to double dip on my PT review. Your schedule seems to not line up too much with my groups, so hopefully it works out.

4141 karma

@"Daniel.Sieradzki" said:
    I guess I'll be there too!

Hawaii, you got funny jokes

@Mellow_Z awesome! I'm not done adding beyond July.

@JustDoIt nope, it's of the entire test but we added another section because people wanted to practice taking 5 section tests.

• rafaelitorafaelito Alum Member
    edited July 2017 1063 karma

Hey @"nessa.k13.0" I would like to join starting with PT64. I'm totally down and serious about studying as you know! May I be tagged and may I join starting with PT64? Also, regarding the experimental, will we be going through the questions for that section? Or can people choose their own experimental? I always test with 5 sections but I like to keep my experimental to LG or RC.

• Pink DustPink Dust Alum Member
    403 karma

@"nessa.k13.0" Hey girl! So next week i'm traveling from 15-22th. so I will miss like two meetings sadly. I am gonna show up for this Sunday. But the following two Sundays I won't be able to make it :(

• Zack TaylorZack Taylor Alum Member
    29 karma

Is it worth joining this call if you've taken and BR'd PT 63 recently? I imagine that my score will be inflated if I retake PT 63.

• dml277dml277 Alum Member
    775 karma

@Thaddeus You'll most likely still get something out of this even if you've already BR'd this recently. Maybe there are particular questions you thought were difficult and would like to go over with input from others? Even if you know why an answer choice is correct, I've found it helpful to hear what difficulties others might have encountered. Maybe you got them right this time, but maybe the trap answers for others this time could be the trap answers for you on another PT.

4141 karma

@RafaelBernard yes! I'll tag you. We decided to only do LR and RC experimental because an extra LG section was "easier" in the sense that we didnt think it posed as much of a challenge as an an additional RC or LR section in regards to test day stamina. Because we all thought of LG as fun we decided to go for the more taxing option to prepare. Feel free to choose your own section, but I'll post the experimental section we'll include in the review.

4141 karma

@Thaddeus said:
    Is it worth joining this call if you've taken and BR'd PT 63 recently? I imagine that my score will be inflated if I retake PT 63.

If you remember the answers to questions without seeing the acs then I would say it may not be worth retaking PT 63 so soon. Otherwise I agree with @dml277 , you could get something out of reviewing it if you took it not too long ago.

4141 karma

@"Pink Dust" said:
    @"nessa.k13.0" Hey girl! So next week i'm traveling from 15-22th. so I will miss like two meetings sadly. I am gonna show up for this Sunday. But the following two Sundays I won't be able to make it :(

Hey! Yeah I'm on the west coast working for a week so that's why Daniel is filling in this Sunday. It's okay--I get it--things come up. Don't forget to keep up with your practice and I'll talk to ya later!

• hanphzzzhanphzzz Member
    7 karma

Hi, I'm interested and I'll be there this Sunday!

4141 karma

@hanphzzz said:
    Hi, I'm interested and I'll be there this Sunday!

Gotcha!

• Emileewu6Emileewu6 Free Trial Member
    2 karma

Sorry about the late comment- I just saw this post! Can I still join today? I'd love to join further sessions as well and am very committed to attending and improving. Thanks!

• Gladiator_2017Gladiator_2017 Yearly Member
    1332 karma

Hey, unfortunately, I've been feeling under the weather and don't think I'll be able to productive participate today. So sad I won't be able to join. I plan on being there next week.

2301 karma

Hey @Emileewu6,

You are welcome to join! These sessions are still open to new members. They will only become private at a later date. I hope to see you in a few minutes for our meeting.

2301 karma

@Gladiator_2017,

I hope you feel better soon. Take care and we will see you next week!

3112 karma

I'm running like 5-10 mins late...I'll be there soon!

4141 karma

@JustDoIt said:

So that's how you treat Daniel hmm

2301 karma

@"nessa.k13.0" said:

@JustDoIt said:

So that's how you treat Daniel hmm

It is okay. He is running on Hawaii time. I can respect that.

• dml277dml277 Alum Member
    775 karma

hahaha at least @JustDoIt made it eventually. I was wondering where he was the first ten minutes of the call.

Thanks @"Daniel.Sieradzki" for hosting the call!

2301 karma

Hey everyone,

This is a reminder that we are meeting today at 7 p.m. EST to go over the RC section and experimental! This is optional, but it will be fun. Hope to see you all there!

• 602627436602627436 Free Trial Member
    18 karma

Would like to join!!

2301 karma

@602627436,

Awesome! Just click Vanessa's link at the top of the page at 7 p.m. EST to join. Hope to see you there!

3112 karma

I'll be there soon!

• masterthelsatmasterthelsat Member
    82 karma

Hi. I'm new to 7sage and studying for September re-take. Can I still join in this weekend? I would like to become a part of this study group.

• Cecilia ZCecilia Z Member
    144 karma

Hi @"nessa.k13.0" ! My name is Cecilia and I am so very interested in joining your study group! I took the Sep 2016 LSAT and will be taking it again this September. Sundays at 12pm EST are always open for me, and I will be sure to have the section done with priority questions ready for discussion! If there's any chance I could join you guys, I'd appreciate it so very much. Thank you!

4141 karma

@masterthelsat said:
    Hi. I'm new to 7sage and studying for September re-take. Can I still join in this weekend? I would like to become a part of this study group.

Yes, if you have finished the core curriculum and/or you know the question types etc

@"Cecilia ZH" gotcha