Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Being kind to yourself.

Shireen Bhatia-1Shireen Bhatia-1 Alum Member
in General 261 karma

So I'm seeing a lot of disappointment posts lately. Maybe its just the days I sign in or something but my point still stands. For those of you having a tough time, I'm right there with you. I'm a perfectionist and I hate making silly mistakes, or finding that there's something I've missed on a test. Right now I'm trying to break to the 160's and its difficult.

I know the feeling if it detracting from your self worth and I am here to tell you a piece of advice my boss once gave me.

"Be kind to yourself." Whatever you're doing, if you're giving it your best and being honest, you will get to your goal. So please for the love of all that is good, be kind to yourself. I'm pushing myself to do this throughout the process and I really did feel the need to share this with people here.

Peace out,
Shireen.

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Love<3 Be kind and keep faith!

Thank you for this, Shireen. And all the luck in the world to you!

• Shireen Bhatia-1Shireen Bhatia-1 Alum Member
    261 karma

@"Alex Divine" Thank you! :) I'm just happy to spread positivity in this crazy process!

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

This is awesome! Thank you for this!!

261 karma

@tringo335 Just helping to keep the peace :)

• dml277dml277 Alum Member
    775 karma

It's certainly easy to start blaming ourselves for not being smart enough while feeling defeated because of this test. We need to remind ourselves that's not the case. We just gotta keep working towards our goal. Thanks Shireen for the post!

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

I love this! Thank you ❤️

• ELpell23ELpell23 Member
    101 karma

This is great- thank you!

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    3072 karma

Sometimes I think what the LSAT really tests is our ability to persevere.

Great post. :)

• 103 karma

this was much needed <3 thank you!!

• dennisgerrarddennisgerrard Member
    1644 karma

Gonna travel for a week and back to PTs and drill!!

• maithilibagmaithilibag Member
    31 karma

Thank you for this post, @"Shireen Bhatia-1"

I'm just like you, I like being good at whatever I do. The LSAT is one of the few challenges I've encountered that I cannot seem to overcome. I was so frustrated last week, I actually had a complete meltdown in the middle of taking a practice test. I know I sound super dramatic, but trust me, I've never felt so low. Thanks for sharing kind words--it makes all the difference!

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    3072 karma

@maithilibag said:
    Thank you for this post, @"Shireen Bhatia-1"

I'm just like you, I like being good at whatever I do. The LSAT is one of the few challenges I've encountered that I cannot seem to overcome. I was so frustrated last week, I actually had a complete meltdown in the middle of taking a practice test. I know I sound super dramatic, but trust me, I've never felt so low. Thanks for sharing kind words--it makes all the difference!

I've been there. I've thrown fits and been on the verge of tears a number of times while (keyword:) trying to do timed sections and tests.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Everyone who thinks they can't overcome this test is severely mistaken. Nothing in this test is unlearnable and with all the reputable prep material out there, doing well on this test is easier than ever.

If you are here and have 7sage, follow the CC, utilize the helpful forum community, webinars and study groups. You all got this! I truly believe it is a matter of the discipline and time you are willing to put into this test.

• Maddie D.Maddie D. Alum Member
    325 karma

You're awesome for posting this :) And so right. We can do this even if there are some setbacks along the way.

• liza.bennettliza.bennett Alum Member
    108 karma

I truly needed this post. I feel like I am stupid because I can't figure out how to break into the 150s. I have been trying to remember this takes time but I feel like this has been a huge waste of time because I'm not doing any better than when I started the program. But thanks for this post and the comments.

• rrodriguez00rrodriguez00 Alum Member
    67 karma

Great post! thank you

edited July 2017 261 karma

To everyone: I'm headed home from a much needed vacation after a busy summer and saw all the comments! I'm so happy this post has helped! Remember to keep the faith and "treat yo self" when you need it.

Stay chill and prep hard!