Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[ENDED] Free LR Tutoring, July 9th EST

SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
edited July 2017 in Study Groups 10774 karma

Hey Everyone,

As promised I am starting the free LR tutoring. The first session will be on July 9th at 3 pm (eastern time).

The goal of these sessions is to go over one cookie cutter argument type each week. A cookie cutter argument is an argument that logically repeats on each test. The LSAT writers use different subject matter or grammar or both to disguise their logical shape in the stimulus and make it difficult for us. Sometimes they even have more than one cookie cutter argument in the stimulus. But the logic works pretty much the same way. Recognizing these patterns and knowing how the answers might shape up according to the question type is what helps gives us speed on LSAT.

The first session will be conducted on conditional logic. This is, in my opinion, one of the easier patterns to grasp. This would allow us to go over what cookie cutter arguments are and how conditional logic patterns appear throughout different question types. This will also give me a good idea of how to improve the next sessions.

After that, I have the next three session also ready to go. I am hoping to do each week a new session. The second one is on causal arguments, followed by Phenomena Hypothesis, and then Partial information ( I made up this name). These are the main ones and in my opinion occur most frequently on test. Depending on how these sessions go, I can work on doing the other patterns as well or we could stop there.

There is no minimum or maximum number of people. I welcome everybody. The questions will be made available on the screens for all to see so you don't have to bring in anything. I will be pulling questions from the older practice tests, PT 30-39. So this will not ruin fresh PT's for anyone as these tests are mainly used for drilling. However, you will get more out of these sessions if you have done the core curriculum. This will help you add on to the information you already know and you do need to know the basics of how conditional arguments work as well as what it means to strengthen/weaken, find the flaw, and see what must be true.

I am actually really excited to see how this shapes up and I hope this will be helpful to all of you. Preparing for these sessions from scratch was actually a lot of work so I am hoping this helps a lot of you out.

To join, please follow the link at the specified date and time. I will see you all there. <3

Free LR Tutoring (Sami)

Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/589887541

You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (646) 749-3112

Access Code: 589-887-541

Joining from a video-conferencing room or system?
Dial: 67.217.95.2##589887541
Cisco devices: 589887541@67.217.95.2

First GoToMeeting? Try a test session: https://care.citrixonline.com/g2m/getready

Comments

• AngusMcGillisAngusMcGillis Member
    403 karma

This sounds great! Thanks Sami, see you then!

• -ObbuddO--ObbuddO- Alum Member
    236 karma

Yeah, so excited, thanks Sami!

• doyouevenLSATdoyouevenLSAT Core Member
    609 karma

this sounds great! do i need a mic or can i just sit in.

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    edited July 2017 10774 karma

@@MichaelTheArchAngel

You can do either. : ) You will get the most out of these sessions if you participate, so I encourage it. But I understand that not all of us can or feel ready to do that. I assure you I am very friendly and it will be a good, comfortable, and learning environment. So please feel free to join.

• doyouevenLSATdoyouevenLSAT Core Member
    609 karma

alright, thx

• kev botkev bot Alum Member
    37 karma

Ah, thank you so much, Sami. Looking forward to it!

• dml277dml277 Alum Member
    775 karma

Yay! I've been waiting for this. Thank you for making this happen Sami!

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

This is pretty early in the morning for my time zone (4am!), so I may or may not be able to join, but thank you for doing this, Sami <3

• Gladiator_2017Gladiator_2017 Yearly Member
    1332 karma

I'll be there! Looking forward to it!

• Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    2124 karma

Thanks for doing this! Looking forward to it

• TexAgAaronTexAgAaron Alum Member
    1723 karma

Maybe a bit late since I'll be working till 4ish but I will definitely still join!

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

@shindavis16

After that, I have the next three session also ready to go. I am hoping to do each week a new session. The second one is on causal arguments,

Maybe of interest to you...

• klarunaaklarunaa Free Trial Member
    8 karma

Hi, this is exciting:) will it be recorded for viewing at a later time? And does it last the whole 3 hours? Thank you.

• Pink DustPink Dust Alum Member
    403 karma

excited!! will be there :)

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    edited July 2017 3072 karma

Can I join in if I'm not an official 7Sager? I'd really like to hear about this stuff.

10774 karma

@goingfor99th said:
    Can I join in if I'm not an official 7Sager? I'd really like to hear about this stuff.

Of course! Everyone is welcome : )

10774 karma

@klarunaa said:
    Hi, this is exciting:) will it be recorded for viewing at a later time? And does it last the whole 3 hours? Thank you.

It will not be recorded. I'll let you know how long it lasts after I have done a final run through. I am hoping it will be shorter than that. But that's the amount of time I have given myself.

@akistotle said:
    This is pretty early in the morning for my time zone (4am!), so I may or may not be able to join, but thank you for doing this, Sami <3

Sorry. It was basically the only time gotomeeting was available. I didn't want to do it too late either.

@akeegs92 said:
    Maybe a bit late since I'll be working till 4ish but I will definitely still join!

That should be fine. See you then!

• TheAnxious0LTheAnxious0L Alum Member
    587 karma

Thank you so much for this!

• smartaone2smartaone2 Alum Member
    512 karma

I'm there. Thanks!

• fambam24fambam24 Member
    215 karma

Thank you! I'll be joining!

9372 karma

@Sami said:

@akistotle said:

Sorry. It was basically the only time gotomeeting was available. I didn't want to do it too late either.

I'm trying to become a morning person (for the LSAT), so this could give me a good start :) I'm thinking of waking up at 3:55am and join you. lol

• H.al1997H.al1997 Member
    318 karma

Scheduled in. Looking forward to it, thanks!

• ElleWoods77ElleWoods77 Alum Member
    1184 karma

I will be there Sami, I definitely enjoyed your RC session and looking forward to this one :).

• shindavis16shindavis16 Core Member
    130 karma

Yes!!! Thank you so much. Thank you @jkatz1488 for showing me this. It is my one year anniversary this Sunday, and I will be in Michigan, but I don't care. I can wait for anniversary fun. I cannot wait for this. :)

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

I've done those PT's but I am definitely joining since I loved your RC session I went to!

sidenote: will you be doing anymore RC sessions?

• nicole.brooklynnicole.brooklyn Alum Member
    341 karma

I'll be there!

• RoxanneRoxanne Member
    20 karma

Thank you so so much for this! I will. E there

• Daniel.SieradzkiDaniel.Sieradzki Member Sage
    2301 karma

@Sami I think you may have taken too long to put this together. Looks like no one is interested anymore :smirk:

• LSATLSATLSATLSAT Alum Member
    26 karma

Hi Sami. Thank you for organizing this. Sounds amazing. However, I just started taking the course and do not really know how to deal with LR questions yet, so I was wondering if I can still join the session?

Thanks in advance.

@"Daniel.Sieradzki" said:
    @Sami I think you may have taken too long to put this together. Looks like no one is interested anymore :smirk:

lol. I am okay with that ;). More time for our review sessions together <3.

10774 karma

@nilgunduman said:
    Hi Sami. Thank you for organizing this. Sounds amazing. However, I just started taking the course and do not really know how to deal with LR questions yet, so I was wondering if I can still join the session?

Thanks in advance.

You can. I am just not sure how useful that would be. How about this, if you still want to and you join us and it doesn't make sense to you, you can always leave.

@TheMikey said:
    I've done those PT's but I am definitely joining since I loved your RC session I went to!

sidenote: will you be doing anymore RC sessions?

Thank you and yes -there is one planned for the next weekend. : )

• Chelsey ChenChelsey Chen Member
    38 karma

Hi Sami. I have just started to go through the curriculum, but I think these lessons may be valuable. Is there a possibility you may be recording the lessons and posting them somewhere for people to review later?

• MikaAhlecia28MikaAhlecia28 Alum Member
    38 karma

Thanks Sammy!

• dfletch5dfletch5 Alum Member
    260 karma

Ok. I'll be there! Thanks Sammy!

@taranjot said:
    Hi Sami. I have just started to go through the curriculum, but I think these lessons may be valuable. Is there a possibility you may be recording the lessons and posting them somewhere for people to review later?

Unfortunately I am not a sage so none of these sessions will be recorded. : (

Edit:
    And I got informed by @"Cant Get Right" that I can record them but since its LSAT material which is copyright, LSAC might not take too kindly to this. :joy:

• CRSTOVALLCRSTOVALL Free Trial Member
    52 karma

I am not an official 7 sager but, I am very interested to listen in to learn. Thank You

52 karma

I dialed in and currently in but, I'm unable to hear anything. Is this still occurring?

• Gladiator_2017Gladiator_2017 Yearly Member
    1332 karma

@CRSTOVALL Hey! the session is tomorrow at 3pm.

52 karma

Haha! Always good to be a little early. Thanks, see you on tomorrow.

3072 karma

I've never used GoToMeeting before. Do we use webcams or just microphones?

edited July 2017 9372 karma

Sorry @Sami but I won't be able to join...Good luck and have fun <3

@goingfor99th said:
    I've never used GoToMeeting before. Do we use webcams or just microphones?

Microphones should be fine. I don't think we have ever used webcams.

3072 karma

Not able to join this one but I plan to listen in on the next one! Good luck!

• maithilibagmaithilibag Member
    edited July 2017 31 karma

@akistotle, @goingfor99th, and @akeegs92,
    Sami said she'll do separate sessions early morning/evening if 5 people are having scheduling conflicts. I'm one of those people, since I live outside the U.S. If you all are also having scheduling conflicts, please let me know! I'm desperately searching for 4 other people with the same problem as me.

3072 karma

@maithilibag said:
    Sami said she'll do separate sessions early morning/evening if 5 people are having scheduling conflicts. I'm one of those people, since I live outside the U.S. If you all are also having scheduling conflicts, please let me know! I'm desperately searching for 4 other people with the same problem as me.

I'd be interested in working with you to make this happen. My schedule will be limited to evenings, though, unless we do a weekend session.

9372 karma

@maithilibag said:

I am definitely interested!

I am tagging those who I think are in different time zones:
    @sjiang666 @tOOyoungtOOsimple @nyc2dc2ca @Pearly5555

• PearlyGoGoPearlyGoGo Alum Member
    171 karma

@akistotle hi ! Thanks for the tagging ! Yes I am also interested in it but since I also I lived outside US so couldn't make it to the session ! Please count me in for the separate session !

• -ObbuddO--ObbuddO- Alum Member
    236 karma

@akistotle said:
    I am tagging those who I think are in different time zones:
    @sjiang666 @tOOyoungtOOsimple @nyc2dc2ca @Pearly5555

Thanks for tagging me! I'm intereseted as well, it's so nice that @Sami is willing to do seperate session, I'll be there!

edited July 2017 9372 karma

Great! <3 So @Sami, if you are willing to do a separate session in the evening (hopefully around 8pm EDT-), @maithilibag, @goingfor99th, @Pearly5555, @tOOyoungtOOsimple, and I will be there! (5 people!)

https://media.giphy.com/media/Qdnxp3NQMMTCM/giphy.gif
    (This is us saying "thank you Sami")

10774 karma

@akistotle I love puppies <3. So this is just heartwarming.

Okay. I will PM you guys in a message with the details.