Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Video for PT 32 Game 2

J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
edited July 2017 in Logic Games 13940 karma

Hey guys, I just posted a new video for PT 32, Game 2.

It's a difficult in/out game that can be made easier with a better game board. Have a look!

Given how much weight YouTube places on likes/dislikes, would you guys mind "liking" this video on YouTube if you actually find the new approach helpful?

Related: I also posted a new lesson for PT 2, Game 3.

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"J.Y. Ping" said:

It's a difficult in/out game that can be made easier with a better game board. Have a look!

Given how much weight YouTube places on likes/dislikes, would you guys mind "liking" this video on YouTube if you actually find the new approach helpful?

All Liked! I noticed you re-did the game from PT2 with Hannah. At first I thought we'd never see odd games like this again, so it's nice to have it redone because it is great practice for something the LSAT might throw at us! I also admittedly skipped it my first time through. Time to go back and fool proof it :)

Thank you @"J.Y. Ping

• brigittebrigitte Free Trial Member
    edited July 2017 432 karma

@"J.Y. Ping" said:

Hi JY, doing elimination questions as you go through the rules the first time seems to be a change from past videos. Can you elaborate on why you no longer do elimination questions after the rules and deductions?

Also, it seems that some recent videos have you doing "If" questions on LG first -- is that another change in approach?

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited July 2017 23929 karma

@anonclsstudent said:

@"J.Y. Ping" said:

Hi JY, doing elimination questions as you go through the rules the first time seems to be a change from past videos. Can you elaborate on why you no longer do elimination questions after the rules and deductions?

Also, it seems that some recent videos have you doing "If" questions on LG first -- is that another change in approach?

I can't speak for JY, but re: doing the elimination questions as you go through the rules seems to be more efficient. For example, you're only having to check them once and be done. It also helps that when you go back to look at them for diagramming/inference making, that you'll have another chance to see them and internalize them. The more times you see the rules, the easier it will be to memorize them short term, thus making your strategy more efficient.

As far as the "if" questions, well these questions are easier to do generally because you aren't just left with a MBT/CBF/etc. You can plug in IF X is _____ then ______ and solve. Again, just a more efficient way to work through games. Working smarter, not harder!

• J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    edited July 2017 13940 karma

@anonclsstudent
    Yes, pretty much what @"Alex Divine" said. Additionally, it's great for when you split into sub game boards. When you do the SGB splits, you scratch out your rules as you transfer them onto the SGBs, as you should. But that presents a problem when you need them again for the acceptable situation question.

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

There are times, however, when a MBT question reveals a key inference to the game, that allows you to answer all other questions more efficiently. The game with NY and Washington being 2 apart comes to mind. Had @J.Y. Ping not done the answers to that game in order, he would not have been able to approach the other questions as efficiently as he did.

• dennisgerrarddennisgerrard Member
    1644 karma

The best is yet to come

• Not Ralph NaderNot Ralph Nader Alum Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2098 karma

All liked and thanks for the new videos!

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma

Mr. Ping, your setup for 32-2 is very useful. I recognized a similar set up you used on the experienced/inexperienced radiobiologists game from PT 35 (Game 1.) In my estimation, the set up allows us to see key inferences much quicker than we would otherwise.

• J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    13940 karma

@BinghamtonDave Yes! PT35.G1 is effectively the same game with the difference being in that game, the game pieces are named. Good eye!