Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free LR Tutoring [Sunday, July 16th, 3 PM, (EST)]

SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
edited July 2017 in Study Groups 10774 karma

Hey Everyone,

It was great seeing all of you who were there yesterday. It was an absolute pleasure. Thank you :).

I hope going over conditional arguments and seeing how they work in different question types was helpful. This weekend, on Sunday, I will be going over the causation argument type.

The session yesterday gave me a couple of insights and I would like to change a few things about the next session. To get the most out of the next session I am assigning homework. It is of course up to you to complete it and I will not check if all of you do the assigned work. But how much you are able to get out of the session will depend on how much you know about causation argument type before hand.

So before joining in I recommend watching the following seven videos that are part of 7sage core curriculum:

https://7sage.com/lesson/causation/
https://7sage.com/lesson/causation-theory/?ss_completed_lesson=1207
https://7sage.com/lesson/correlation/?ss_completed_lesson=1206
https://7sage.com/lesson/correlation-ideas/?ss_completed_lesson=1205
https://7sage.com/lesson/4-possible-explanations/?ss_completed_lesson=1204
https://7sage.com/lesson/chronology/?ss_completed_lesson=1203
https://7sage.com/lesson/causation-strategy/?ss_completed_lesson=1202

Each of these videos are about 5 minutes each - some even less than that so it shouldn't take that long.

For those of you who do not have 7sage core-curriculum please see if you can read up on causation argument as they are used in LSAT before coming into the session. This will give you the background knowledge necessary to see the pattern when we do go over the questions.

But just in case I will be going over the basics quickly at the start of the lesson. It just will not be as in depth as these videos.

I am still debating if I should release the questions I will be using for the upcoming session before the session. If I do, I will post it here before Sunday.

Let me know if there are any questions or thoughts in your comments below. I look forward to seeing all of you again <3

To join the session, please click on the link below at the specified date and time and I will see you there. : )

Free LR Tutoring (Sami)

Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/589887541

You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (646) 749-3112

Access Code: 589-887-541

Joining from a video-conferencing room or system?
Dial: 67.217.95.2##589887541
Cisco devices: 589887541@67.217.95.2

First GoToMeeting? Try a test session: https://care.citrixonline.com/g2m/getready

P.S.

I have not forgotten to post the information for the questions I used yesterday. I will do so soon in that post in a couple of days. : )

Comments

• doyouevenLSATdoyouevenLSAT Core Member
    edited July 2017 609 karma

Will do!

Thanks, i was actually memorizing the common valid forms right before that lesson, so it was actually really helpful where i am in the CC. It was like ooooòoooò this is why you memorize the valid / invalids.

Also, are you allowed to post which questions you went over yesterday so i can see if i can identify those valid types?

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma

@MichaelTheArchAngel said:
    Will do!

Thanks, i was actually memorizing the common valid forms right before that lesson, so it was actually really helpful where i am in the CC. It was like ooooòoooò this is why you memorize the valid / invalids.

Also, are you allowed to post which questions you went over yesterday so i can see if i can identify those valid types?

Great! It actually makes me happy that it helped you to see why you needed to learn the forms and hopefully I took you a step further in your conditional knowledge for LSAT. : )

Yes, I actually will be posting not the question itself but just the question number and what PT and section those came from. Also, I will be adding additional questions that I did not use yesterday because of time crunch. It will make a good practice exercise. : )

• sandy180sandy180 Alum Member
    159 karma

Hello Sami,
    By chance did you record the Sunday session? I will be able to make this coming Saturday.
    Thank you!

10774 karma

@"john.tart.139" said:
    Hello Sami,
    By chance did you record the Sunday session? I will be able to make this coming Saturday.
    Thank you!

Hey John,

I did record the session yesterday but since it has LSAT questions that you can see I cannot make it available for everyone because of licensing issues.

Oh and the LR session will be on Sunday not Saturday. On Saturday we will doing Reading Comprehension.

• maithilibagmaithilibag Member
    31 karma

Hi Sami,

Is there any way you can offer the same course at a different time? I live in Thailand, so 3pm ET is 2am for me. I even considered waking up to attend the course, but since I work full-time, I didn't want to jeopardize my concentration at work.

If you can't offer the course at any other time, can I somehow get access to the recordings? I took the complete package for 7Sage, and have access to all the PTs otherwise (at least I think so!)

31 karma

As a follow-up to my comment above, does anyone know of any 7Sager that offers the same type of course as Sami, just at a different time (preferably when it's night/morning in the U.S.)?

edited July 2017 10774 karma

@maithilibag said:
    Hi Sami,

Is there any way you can offer the same course at a different time? I live in Thailand, so 3pm ET is 2am for me. I even considered waking up to attend the course, but since I work full-time, I didn't want to jeopardize my concentration at work.

If you can't offer the course at any other time, can I somehow get access to the recordings? I took the complete package for 7Sage, and have access to all the PTs otherwise (at least I think so!)

Hey,

That's completely understandable and you are not the first person that has come up to me to tell me that they cannot make it because of the difference in time zone.

Unfortunately, I am not a sage. So even though the session was recorded, because it has LSAC questions that you can see I cannot post it - not even on Youtube. I can run into some serious legal trouble.

<3 > @maithilibag said:

As a follow-up to my comment above, does anyone know of any 7Sager that offers the same type of course as Sami, just at a different time (preferably when it's night/morning in the U.S.)?

I know that Monday and Thursday nights, Sages Can't Get Right and Daniel Z Nelson go over older tests. But the cookie cutter thing that I do has not been done before. That's why it took me so long to prepare for the session. I had to prepare from scratch : (

Here is what I can do. If you can find at least 5 people or 5 people in this post tell me that they could not attend the last session because of a scheduling issue, I would be wiling to repeat the session just for you guys at a later time in the evening or early morning my time (CST).

I think that's a fair solution. If not or this doesn't work out, let me know if you have other ideas.

31 karma

It's no problem, Sami. I really appreciate you offering an alternative plan.

HEY EVERYONE: if any of you have a scheduling issue, please help a fellow 7Sager out here and let me and Sami know. I so want to join in on her study group, because I really think it's useful to identify the cookie-cutter LR questions (after all, LR is 50% of the test.)

@Sami if no one else has this issue, then I'll do everything I can to attend these LR sessions. I think I can make it to your Sat RC sessions, because that's Sunday morning for me. Thanks again for being so great about all of this!

• dfletch5dfletch5 Alum Member
    260 karma

I don't mind repeating the session for reinforcement
    @maithilibag
    I can't do Saturday's, but I can do Friday's at 3:00 pm.

• mstrings7mstrings7 Alum Member
    55 karma

Actually, I think releasing at least a few of the questions would be super helpful. Not all of them, but maybe a few that we can go over at the beginning.

• masterthelsatmasterthelsat Member
    82 karma

@maithilibag
    I'm willing to join in if Sami does a repeat of the last (conditional logic) session. I wasn't able to make it on time, so only saw the end which was very helpful. I would definitely be up for a repeat of the last session!

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    edited July 2017 3072 karma

I will probably be there.

I'll do the homework if I do come, though. lol

• CRSTOVALLCRSTOVALL Free Trial Member
    52 karma

Will you be doing another one of these? I really hate I missed this one.

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    3072 karma

@masterthelsat said:
    @maithilibag
    I'm willing to join in if Sami does a repeat of the last (conditional logic) session. I wasn't able to make it on time, so only saw the end which was very helpful. I would definitely be up for a repeat of the last session!

Sami already did a repeat of the last session. She may be willing to do another one, but I think she said she's a bit pressed for time between these sessions and her own prep.

I don't want to speak for her or anything but I know she has her own things to do.

10774 karma

Thanks @goingfor99th : ).

@CRSTOVALL and @masterthelsat Yeah I don't think I will be doing a repeat of the last session. I already did do a repeat session and I have to concentrate on my own prep as well. Maybe after September LSAT?

82 karma

@Sami
    My bad. I didn't realize you had already done a repeat.
    Thanks for doing these amazing sessions though! Really appreciate it :)

260 karma

Sorry. I won't be able to attend m. At a funeral until 7:00 pm.

55 karma

@Sami said:
    Thanks @goingfor99th : ).

@CRSTOVALL and @masterthelsat Yeah I don't think I will be doing a repeat of the last session. I already did do a repeat session and I have to concentrate on my own prep as well. Maybe after September LSAT?

Are you open to doing another session sometime this week for today's session?

82 karma

@mstrings7 Sami mentioned, during the last session, that she won't be able to do more of these sessions as she has to focus on her lsat prep for September lsat.

I took notes from her session, if you guys want them let me know.

260 karma

@masterthelsat
    Sure! I would love a copy of your notes. You may PM me for further details. Thanks a million!

82 karma

@dfletch5
    No problem. I'm travelling right now, will send it to you by the end of this week.

260 karma

Ok. Thanks a million!

• CRSTOVALLCRSTOVALL Free Trial Member
    52 karma

I didn't know you already did a repeat. I think it's such a great thing that you have shared your time doing this. Thank you again and best of luck to you! @Sami

10774 karma

@CRSTOVALL said:

I didn't know you already did a repeat. I think it's such a great thing that you have shared your time doing this. Thank you again and best of luck to you! @Sami

Yeah, sorry I didn't advertise it as much. Best of luck to you too. You'll do great. Don't stress : )

@masterthelsat said:
    @mstrings7 Sami mentioned, during the last session, that she won't be able to do more of these sessions as she has to focus on her lsat prep for September lsat.

I took notes from her session, if you guys want them let me know.

Thanks for taking the notes and helping others out.

@mstrings7.I will not be doing another session till after September but maybe @masterthelsat can give you notes from it and that might help. Sorry, I really am. Since the test is coming up in a few weeks I needed to focus on that <3.

260 karma

@Sami All the best!

10774 karma

@dfletch5 said:
    @Sami All the best!

Thanks! Same to you. I hope your prep is coming well.

55 karma

@Sami thank you! I look forward to seeing you again after September! I appreciate all you've done for us.

10774 karma

@mstiyah01 Same here. I can't wait to talk to you guys again after September. It really was nice getting to know you. <3