Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there that moment when everything clicks?

adambryla96adambryla96 Free Trial Member

I have heard it all the time with regards to logic games. You're constantly getting 1-2 wrong per section, and then, after a certain number of sections, you start getting perfect scores. (This happened to me) Everything just clicked. I was wondering if anyone has experienced that with logical reasoning? Im curious because I have managed to limit my lr sections to just 1-2 wrong answers per section, and it'd be nice to know if I can perfect these sections by continuing to do pts or if Im going to need to change my study schedule to somehow fix this. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• theLSATgrind2017theLSATgrind2017 Alum Member
    440 karma

Haven't experienced this myself and I'm not expecting to. Best way to know if you really are only getting 1-2 wrong per LR section is to keep at it.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Hmm.... Yes and no. There's no like Good Will Hunting moment where you solve the equation and all the sudden master finite math. However, there are definitely times when your practice reaches a point where you're like "BOOM" and certain things click. For me personally, I remember one day just having simple linear games click. Yeah, they're easy. But I actually struggled with them because before 7Sage and The Bibles, for about a week I used Kaplan and PR. They suck so bad that I couldn't figure out a simple linear game. Then after about a week of The LGB and 7Sage everything clicked for those simple games.

I have also had similar break throughs with types of LR questions I had trouble with in the past. For example, I used to suck at NA questions. One day they really just seemed to click. Shortly after I went from missing -8 per LR section down to -4 overnight. Clearly the easier questions were beginning to click for me.

Still waiting on a click for new RC hope it comes soon ;)

• tcookPHLtcookPHL Alum Member
    300 karma

There can be! Up until recently I viewed the test as something that I will never be good at. My best advice is to PT/BR then for that week write down a daily schedule that includes what you need to go over from your most recent PTs using the LSAT analytics and drill up until the next PT. That's what I'm doing now and honestly things have been clicking much much faster than I expected it to.

• Brazil020511Brazil020511 Alum Member
    429 karma

I haven't had a "YAY I'M NO LONGER AN IDIOT" moment, but I have had a "This is cool, I'm less of an idiot than where I started" moment especially with sequencing LG or with easy/medium questions in LR. I also like when I make an inference and watch JY say the exact same thing (This is when I feel like I'm am a King/Queen). My advice is first be proud of yourself. 1-2 per section at LR is a great place to be. Let that sink in. It obviously shows you have the capacity. Next, get back to work. PT/BR/Drill until you are satisfied with yourself. Take a break if need be, but know you are very much capable because your progress speaks for itself.

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    edited July 2017 3072 karma

I think it does start to click after a while, for some people. You just need to put in a lot of diligent practice to get to that point. You never want to become arrogant, though.