Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Retaking PTs I did a looong time ago

kicurtiskicurtis Alum Member
edited October 2014 in General 71 karma
I started studying for the LSAT over a ago now when I was a junior in college. I was super stressed and determined not to take a year off so I wanted to take the June 2013 LSAT. Being a stressed out freak, I thought the best thing to do was to do a bunch of PTs (which I still will do only this time with more focus on reviewing after the test). I blew through a bunch of PTs that I can't even remember now which ones they were. I honestly don't remember hardly anything from the tests--in doing the syllabus I've recognized some of the content in a few questions I've done but it doesn't seem to have any effect on my answer choice and I definitely haven't had any instances where I've recognized a question and immediately remembered the correct answer. Do you think I could still be influenced by some of the tests I've already taken? Thanks for the comments.

Comments

• LSATislandLSATisland Free Trial Inactive Sage
    1878 karma
    I think you'll be alright. Go ahead and use those tests. If you feel afterwards that some answers came more easily because of your memory, maybe discredit the score slightly. But as for learning, it's still a good process.
  • chrijani7chrijani7 Alum Member
    827 karma
    I agree with LSATisland. I think the PT's will still be good for learning, but they may not be 100% on how you will score. You might not want to take the score to heart and become overconfident (which I have done in the past doing similar studying with old PT's). If you become overconfident this will harm you in your later studies. Use the PT's as a way to learn the material, not as an ego boost.
  • ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    3658 karma
    I also agree with my two Canadian compadres! :)
  • kicurtiskicurtis Alum Member
    71 karma
    Thank you for the comments!