September Study Group | PT 64 | Sunday, July 16 @ 7p EDT / 6p CST / 4p PST | HARRY POTTER POLL!

Mellow_ZMellow_Z Alum Member
in Study Groups 1997 karma

Attention : I am planning on closing this group off within the next few weeks. I highly recommend you make an effort to show up to these next few meetings (if you haven't been a regular up until now) and CONTRIBUTE. If you don't have a working microphone, then you can use the optional dial-in # provided at the bottom of this post.

Test Details:

PT: 64
Experimental Section: RC From PT58

Please submit questions you wish to review here : https://zach191.typeform.com/to/jr9Wi4

Date: Sunday, July 16th
Time: 7:00pm Eastern / 6:00pm Central / 4:00pm Pacific

For our full PT schedule please see the following link : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NqvbW4p83dpFmihrUOeWf6Dx8ETo25rLE1q1nPzOrpg/edit?usp=sharing

Notes:

• PLEASE Don't look at the answers before the call. If you do look at the correct answers, in the spirit of discussion, don't say "I know this is wrong" or "I know this is right", etc.
  • Please take the PT under strictly timed conditions.
  • BR on a fresh copy and do not check your scores
  • All stages of prep are welcome. Please just show up willing to participate!
  • These calls can easily last for a few hours. You are not required to stay for the entire time, but please stay as long as possible to get the most out of the call.

GoToMeeting Details:

September '17 Sunday Study Group

Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/410064813

You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (872) 240-3311

Access Code: 410-064-813

First GoToMeeting? Try a test session: https://care.citrixonline.com/g2m/getready

http://time.com/4809884/harry-potter-house-sorting-hat-quiz/
  1. Which house did the sorting hat put you in?27 votes
    1. Slytherin
      25.93%
    2. Gryffindor
      29.63%
    3. Hufflepuff
      14.81%
    4. Ravenclaw
      29.63%

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma

Ravenclaw for life!

• Cecilia ZCecilia Z Member
    144 karma

Hi @Mellow_Z ! Is there any way I could join this study group? I took the LSAT back in Sep 2016 and I'm taking it again this September! I'm almost done with CC and I'll be sure to contribute to the discussion!! :) I would appreciate it so very much if I could study with you guys!

• btsao650btsao650 Alum Member
    254 karma

@"Cecilia ZH" You are more than welcome to join us! We haven't closed this group off just yet.

• Mellow_ZMellow_Z Alum Member
    1997 karma

@btsao650 said:
    @"Cecilia ZH" You are more than welcome to join us! We haven't closed this group off just yet.

Yeah as @btsao650 mentioned, feel free to just show up! If you have some time beforehand, visit that typeform link in the OP and submit which questions you'd like to review. If you choose a specific question I like to have you kick off the discussions on that question (where you are confused, which answer choices you got hung up on, what you wanted to discuss, etc.), so that just helps me keep everyone engaged. (it's also an easy way to avoid being shy in a new group atmosphere that might otherwise be somewhat intimidating - not saying this does or doesn't pertain to you, but I've heard others mention they like being called on so they don't have to muster the courage of just interjecting in a conversation).

1997 karma

@"Cant Get Right" said:
    Ravenclaw for life!

http://time.com/4836416/harry-potter-sorting-hat-house-quiz-results/

here's a cool distribution if you didn't see it.

I got Slytherin, which is my states lowest represented house. Also strange how the majority of the midwest is Hufflepuff - there's no other explanation besides Helga Hufflepuff's love for corn farming :trollface:

1997 karma

Also - As mentioned in the last post, we are going to be reviewing last weeks experimental section on Friday. However, instead of it being at 5p EST we are going to be moving it back until 7p EST. Hopefully that doesn't ruin anyone's plan of attending. We will still be using the same discord link.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma

@Mellow_Z said:
    http://time.com/4836416/harry-potter-sorting-hat-house-quiz-results/

here's a cool distribution if you didn't see it.

Oh cool! Mississippi is super weird. A lone GryffinPuff in a sea of Deep South Slytherins.

• SeriousbirdSeriousbird Alum Member
    1278 karma

This is the link for the experimental review session tomorrow!

https://discord.gg/JZAzk7R

• Sammie215Sammie215 Member
    202 karma

Hey, I'd also like to join this group if it's not too late. Scoring mid 160s, about +10 under BR conditions.

• btsao650btsao650 Alum Member
    254 karma

If I were to construct Buzzfeed quiz results for sorting people into LSAT Hogwarts Houses:

Benefits of being a Slytherin:
    Slytherin's are resourceful, cunning, and ambitious. In other words- nothing stands between a Slytherin and crushing the LSAT. More than likely, Slytherin's are proponents of "studying smarter." Since September is right around the corner, we could all use a little bit of that Slytherin strategic thinking!

Benefits of being a Hufflepuff:
    Hufflepuff's are the glowing examples of hard work and patience. These traits make up the heart of an ironclad LSAT prep! Nothing gets you as far as grit my friends, not even talent. Also, Hufflepuff's have a unique penchant for fostering the most supportive study groups.

Benefits of being a Ravenclaw:
    Approaching the LSAT with honed wisdom and a plethora of LSAT knowledge to draw from is the ideal situation for anyone on test day (Naming this group Ravenclaw 2.0 would break my heart though).

Benefits of being a Gryffindor:
    So so so much of performance on test day comes down to faith in one's abilities. Gryffindor's are the last people to waste time with that self-doubt nonsense when they fully know what they are capable of otherwise. Taking charge of their own destinies (and studies), Gryffindor's will certainly let their true abilities shine through in spite of test-day nerves!

At the end of the day, whatever house we choose represent, let us try to emulate all the best Hogwarts House traits in preparation for the LSAT.

• -ObbuddO--ObbuddO- Alum Member
    edited July 2017 236 karma

@btsao650 said:
    If I were to construct Buzzfeed quiz results for sorting people into LSAT Hogwarts Houses:

Benefits of being a Slytherin:
    Slytherin's are resourceful, cunning, and ambitious. In other words- nothing stands between a Slytherin and crushing the LSAT. More than likely, Slytherin's are proponents of "studying smarter." Since September is right around the corner, we could all use a little bit of that Slytherin strategic thinking!

Benefits of being a Hufflepuff:
    Hufflepuff's are the glowing examples of hard work and patience. These traits make up the heart of an ironclad LSAT prep! Nothing gets you as far as grit my friends, not even talent. Also, Hufflepuff's have a unique penchant for fostering the most supportive study groups.

Benefits of being a Ravenclaw:
    Approaching the LSAT with honed wisdom and a plethora of LSAT knowledge to draw from is the ideal situation for anyone on test day (Naming this group Ravenclaw 2.0 would break my heart though).

Benefits of being a Gryffindor:
    So so so much of performance on test day comes down to faith in one's abilities. Gryffindor's are the last people to waste time with that self-doubt nonsense when they fully know what they are capable of otherwise. Taking charge of their own destinies (and studies), Gryffindor's will certainly let their true abilities shine through in spite of test-day nerves!

At the end of the day, whatever house we choose represent, let us try to emulate all the best Hogwarts House traits in preparation for the LSAT.

Wicked!
    I'd like to find out if there's a correlation between law students and Ravenclaw, seems like more Ravenclaws here, I wonder if it applies universally. Maybe they share certain qualities together.

It would break my heart too if this group was named Ravenclaw 2.0, I fancy The Terminator more.

• aimhigheraimhigher Alum Member
    100 karma

Sadly I won't be able to join in this Sunday :( some things came up, but good luck and I hope to join you guys next weekend!

• tcookPHLtcookPHL Alum Member
    300 karma

Hey guys, at a dinner currently so I may be 15-20 mins late!

1997 karma

I'm running a few minutes late as well. I'll try to have it up and running by 7:05. Sorry!

• Daniel.SieradzkiDaniel.Sieradzki Member Sage
    2301 karma

Typical Slytherin....

1997 karma

We're gonna meet up this Friday, July 21st @ 7p Est, 4p PST, 1p Daniel Time, 7a China time (Saturday July 22nd, I think :worried:) to finish covering the RC passage and the experimental RC. Same discord link as last week!