Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Digital LSAT Round II

Mellow_ZMellow_Z Alum Member
edited July 2017 in General 1997 karma

LSAC just announced another digital LSAT field test.

Date : October 14, 2017

Application Period : July 17-August 25

Instead of the $100 Gift Card they gave last time, the reward this go around will be a refund check for the cost of a future test (limited between Dec 2017 and June 2019)

Here's to being hopeful they took my advice and scrapped their garbage highlighting system!

https://digitallsat.lsac.org

Would you be satisfied if the LSAT went strictly digital?
  1. Would you be satisfied if the LSAT went strictly digital?43 votes
    1. Yes
      18.60%
    2. No
      81.40%

Comments

• Freddy_DFreddy_D Alum Member
    2983 karma

Digital LSAT on my birthday. Turn up!

• Gladiator_2017Gladiator_2017 Yearly Member
    1332 karma

I'm on vacation that week!! sigh...

• Waiting For Grey DayWaiting For Grey Day Alum Member
    323 karma

Oct digital test might be a good warm up/performance gauge for those taking the December test! Thanks for the info @Mellow_Z :smiley:

• Mellow_ZMellow_Z Alum Member
    1997 karma

@"Color Me Grey" said:
    Oct digital test might be a good warm up/performance gauge for those taking the December test! Thanks for the info @Mellow_Z :smiley:

That was my thought as well! I'm definitely going to register on the off chance I need to retake from Sept. It'll be another opportunity to remove as much test day jitters as possible if I end up needing December!

@Freddy_D said:

Happy early birthday! What a way to celebrate :lol:

@Gladiator_2017 said:
    I'm on vacation that week!! sigh...

You could always see if there is a test center located where you'll be traveling to?

• Gladiator_2017Gladiator_2017 Yearly Member
    1332 karma

@Mellow_Z thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately, the tests are only being offered in the States. I'll be Oaxaca Mexico and apparently in a really remote area. Well at least I'll be eating some yummy food. I actually shortened the trip to make sure I don't miss too many BR calls = )

• masterthelsatmasterthelsat Member
    82 karma

@Mellow_Z
    How does the test work? Is the score counted towards an LSAT attempt and do we get to see how we did?

1997 karma

@masterthelsat said:
    @Mellow_Z
    How does the test work? Is the score counted towards an LSAT attempt and do we get to see how we did?

It doesn't count, and isn't reported to any schools. You can't even see it on your LSAC profile.

(There also are no longer "attempts", since you can take it as many times as you want).

They will email you breakdown of how you did, but last time they offered the test, the report was complete garbage. They just gave you a total raw school (ex. 102/123, and then scores for each section, 20/24, etc.). It didn't show which questions you missed.

1997 karma

@Gladiator_2017 said:
    @Mellow_Z thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately, the tests are only being offered in the States. I'll be Oaxaca Mexico and apparently in a really remote area. Well at least I'll be eating some yummy food. I actually shortened the trip to make sure I don't miss too many BR calls = )

Hahah I wouldn't worry about it. The digital test sucks, and vacation in remote Mexico sounds way more appealing. Enjoy!

• btsao650btsao650 Alum Member
    254 karma

@Mellow_Z I actually registered for this last night! I'm fairly interested to see how different it is from the paper versions. I'm hoping we won't need to take the Digital LSAT in preparation for the December LSAT, but it is pretty comforting to know extra practice is available if does come down to that.

• masterthelsatmasterthelsat Member
    82 karma

@Mellow_Z said:

@masterthelsat said:
    @Mellow_Z

It doesn't count, and isn't reported to any schools. You can't even see it on your LSAC profile.

(There also are no longer "attempts", since you can take it as many times as you want).

They will email you breakdown of how you did, but last time they offered the test, the report was complete garbage. They just gave you a total raw school (ex. 102/123, and then scores for each section, 20/24, etc.). It didn't show which questions you missed.

Ohh I see. What's the point if we can't even see what questions we missed. Thanks for the Info!

1997 karma

@masterthelsat said:

@Mellow_Z said:

@masterthelsat said:
    @Mellow_Z

Ohh I see. What's the point if we can't even see what questions we missed. Thanks for the Info!

Yeah I wrote them a pretty snarky review in regard to this. If you can see which questions you missed on a paper exam, there is absolutely no reason they can't release the same for a digital exam. I feel like they really half assed the first go around, so maybe this second one will be more fine tuned and closer to their final product.

1997 karma

@btsao650 said:
    @Mellow_Z I actually registered for this last night! I'm fairly interested to see how different it is from the paper versions. I'm hoping we won't need to take the Digital LSAT in preparation for the December LSAT, but it is pretty comforting to know extra practice is available if does come down to that.

Yeah I don't know if you took the May exam, but it was just a repeat of a past exam. Unfortunately it isn't "new" material, but it's still good to experience the proctoring and sign in process!

Here's to hoping everyone does well on September!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Freddy_D said:

Same homie! October 14th! I may have to sign up just for this purpose. I just have a feeling they are going to use like PT80 or a test I haven't taken and I don't want that either. But I sure am interested to experience it!

• Freddy_DFreddy_D Alum Member
    2983 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@Freddy_D said:

Same homie! October 14th! I may have to sign up just for this purpose. I just have a feeling they are going to use like PT80 or a test I haven't taken and I don't want that either. But I sure am interested to experience it!

The LSAT gods may be smiling down upon us. I'm hesitant to do it for that exact reason as well.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Freddy_D said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@Freddy_D said:

The LSAT gods may be smiling down upon us. I'm hesitant to do it for that exact reason as well.

You never know .... :) I'm still deciding ....

1997 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@Freddy_D said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@Freddy_D said:

I'd be willing to bet they don't use a newer PT for it. Last one was what, in the 50s or something? I can't imagine they are THAT thickheaded to blow the 2nd newest PT for the digital.. who knows though.

• Daniel.SieradzkiDaniel.Sieradzki Member Sage
    edited July 2017 2301 karma

It will be interesting to see what they changed based on the recommendations they received.

This reward is kind of lame for people who already have a fee waiver. A $100 gift card sure beats a refund of $0.00.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Mellow_Z said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@Freddy_D said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@Freddy_D said:

I'd be willing to bet they don't use a newer PT for it. Last one was what, in the 50s or something? I can't imagine they are THAT thickheaded to blow the 2nd newest PT for the digital.. who knows though.

True, never know with the LSAC though. I don't think I'll risk it being that I've barely taken any new PTs. I'd rather save them. $100 Gift card seems nice and all, but I'd miss a day of work and probably end up losing money, time, and a fresh test.

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma

They offer the digital LSAT in Albany but not Buffalo. :neutral: :unamused:

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma

@"Daniel.Sieradzki" said:
    It will be interesting to see what they changed based on the recommendations they received.

This reward is kind of lame for people who already have a fee waiver. A $100 gift card sure beats a refund of $0.00.

Haha yeah my thoughts as well. Oh well, rather have nothing gained than something lost amirite.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Sprinkles said:

@"Daniel.Sieradzki" said:

Haha yeah my thoughts as well. Oh well, rather have nothing gained than something lost amirite.

You are right indeed!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Sprinkles said:
    They offer the digital LSAT in Albany but not Buffalo. :neutral: :unamused:

Albany ;) Oh yeahhhh! The old stomping grounds. Still, it's on my bday and I don't want to risk burning a test that I haven' taken for a format I'm probably not going to utilize anyways. ;)

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

Got my score report today. I think it's weird that they didn't distinguish between the experimental and actual section.