Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PTing

Birdie966Birdie966 Free Trial Member

Hi,

I am planning to write the LSAT this September. I had taken my first diagnostic in early May and had scored 143. After preparing with the LSAT Trainer and PT 52-61 and reviewing, I have taken my second timed PT (PT 74, using the 7sage proctor) today and have scored a 157 (-14 on RC, -4 and -5 on the LRs, and -9 on the LG).

I still have PTs 62-73, 75-80, and 81 (yet to purchase) left for further PTing, and I do plan to go serially through them. I intend to score in the real LSAT in the 160-164 range. Given that I only have 8 weeks left now, in what ways can I make that jump by at least 5 points?

Thanks for any advice!

Comments

• theLSATgrind2017theLSATgrind2017 Alum Member
    440 karma

Have you tried the fool proof method? Improving your LG score would get you those extra couple of points.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@theLSATgrind2017 said:
    Have you tried the fool proof method? Improving your LG score would get you those extra couple of points.

Good point. Also try drilling older tests as well for timed sections, especially for fool proofing LG and practicing RC.

I would also invest in a course so at the very least you have some structure. I recommend 7Sage because of it's amazing ratings and how well it has worked for me.

Lastly, like the broken record I am, don't force yourself to take in September if you haven't been consistently been scoring 164+ on PTs.

Make sure not to burn all your fresh new tests until you have improved way more. You don't want to be using those more valuable tests to be doing the bulk of your improvement. At east get your hands on PTs 42-51 and the earlier if you can to drill, fool proof, and avoid burning the newest tests.

Good luck!

• nicholasthomas127nicholasthomas127 Alum Member
    458 karma

Blind Review is your absolute best friend! As tedious as it is, doing BR is tried and true way to see improvement in your score. That being said, all the work is on you though. Exhaustive BR rather than just going through the motions is what you really want to do. If a sufficient assumption question stumps you and you really don't know the answer, don't just pick one and move on, really focus in and take literally as much time as possible on that one question, no matter how long it takes. It is better to take fewer PTs with exhaustive BR instead of a lot of PTs without any kind of BR. Which then segways into my next point, reviewing weaknesses after BR. This is probably as important as the BR itself because once you discover your weaknesses and you don't review them and work on them, then what's the point. Also, as @theLSATgrind2017 and @"Alex Divine" have said, Fool proofing will net you extra points on the test. I fool proofed all games a few months ago from PT 1-35 and A/B/C tests and I am consistently getting anywhere from -2 to -0 on full timed sections.

• Birdie966Birdie966 Free Trial Member
    22 karma

Thank you guys for the advice! I have already started doing the fool proof method for LGs and will definitely put more focus in the BRs.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Birdie966 said:
    Thank you guys for the advice! I have already started doing the fool proof method for LGs and will definitely put more focus in the BRs.

Yeah, just make sure you don't rush learning the fundamentals. I recommend finishing the CC first before taking any full PTs and doing any BR.