Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

anyone in the NY area want to form a study group?

theLSATdreamertheLSATdreamer Alum Member
edited July 2017 in General 1287 karma

ok so i live in Yonkers, and im looking for people around the area to study with, keep eachother motivated and kill the test together, I mean i have my motivator @tringo335 that keeps me in check but im down for expanding my inner circle of lsatness.

@theLSATdreamer said:
Fordham NY Public Library: 310 Kingsbridge Road Saturday August 5, 2017 9:30 a.m. try doing PT 62 before then.

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Damn, I wish I could. You're right in the good ol' city. Let me hold $60k so I can quit working and come study with you guys ;)

• theLSATdreamertheLSATdreamer Alum Member
    1287 karma

@"Alex Divine" come through, you can crash at my place in the baby's room until hes here which will be after the Dec test so its perfect lol ! i want to build a little team and study hard every chance possible pushing eachother.. the 7SagerS ! fighting crime between RC and LG sections

• Gladiator_2017Gladiator_2017 Yearly Member
    1332 karma

Fellow NYer here.. from The Bx. I'd be down.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@theLSATdreamer said:
    @"Alex Divine" come through, you can crash at my place in the baby's room until hes here which will be after the Dec test so its perfect lol ! i want to build a little team and study hard every chance possible pushing eachother.. the 7SagerS ! fighting crime between RC and LG sections

HAHA! Dude, you are the man! Congrats on the baby coming, too! Oh how I wish. Literally just moved and signed a new lease. Stuck here until then :( Could be worse.

• Gladiator_2017Gladiator_2017 Yearly Member
    1332 karma

@"Alex Divine" break your lease... and try couch surfing =)

1287 karma

@Gladiator_2017 lets build this team! I like to thinn of my self as the lsats Batman, meaning i have zero superpowers but im about to kick some ass lol

@"Alex Divine" youre in taxes right?

• j.calvarusoj.calvaruso Member
    2 karma

Brooklyn over here, would love to ! We should all meet in Manhattan sometime in August

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Gladiator_2017 said:
    @"Alex Divine" break your lease... and try couch surfing =)

HAHA! Too much stuff to couch surf. Besides, I'm too grown for that business, haha. ;)

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@theLSATdreamer said:
    @Gladiator_2017 lets build this team! I like to thinn of my self as the lsats Batman, meaning i have zero superpowers but im about to kick some ass lol

@"Alex Divine" youre in taxes right?

Taxes? No. I wish.

I Ctrl + C/ Ctrl + V numbers from Excel into Powerpoint and then explain the numbers on the slides. Taxes, now that's a skill! :)

• Trust But VerifyTrust But Verify Alum Member
    432 karma

Brooklyn homie. I'm down to do PTs and discuss but Sept-Oct. Let me know.

• hchichephchichep Free Trial Member
    4 karma

Manhattan girl here - i'd love to join

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@hchichep said:
    Manhattan girl here - i'd love to join

Manhattan is where it's at!

• hchichephchichep Free Trial Member
    4 karma

@theLSATdreamer @markscott @Gladiator_2017 @j.calvaruso. how should we go about this? if you're still down to meet up and keep each other motivated to crush those LSATS then message me your number/we chat ID so can get this going :)

• masterthelsatmasterthelsat Member
    82 karma

@theLSATdreamer i live in Queens and would like to join the group. Let me know!

• jimmyrivera201-1jimmyrivera201-1 Core Member
    547 karma

I live in the Bronx. Let me know.

• dab4186dab4186 Alum Member
    13 karma

I live in queens, I'm down to join this study group.

1287 karma

@"Alex Divine" sorry i was posting and driving haha bad idea

@dab4186 @jimmyrivera201 @markscott @Gladiator_2017 @j.calvaruso and @hchichep im going inbox all of you and we'll set something up, we can start in August if you guys want, i been going to westchester community colleges library on saturdays they dont really ask who you are if youre just studying theres plenty spots to study there, i even do my practice tests there

• Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    2124 karma

I'm in Yonkers as well! I'm down

• dfletch5dfletch5 Alum Member
    260 karma

@theLSATdreamer I'm a fellow NYer. I live in Nassau County, but I work in the Bronx, approximately 20 mins from Yonkers.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@theLSATdreamer said:
    @"Alex Divine" sorry i was posting and driving haha bad idea

@dab4186 @jimmyrivera201 @markscott @Gladiator_2017 @j.calvaruso and @hchichep im going inbox all of you and we'll set something up, we can start in August if you guys want, i been going to westchester community colleges library on saturdays they dont really ask who you are if youre just studying theres plenty spots to study there, i even do my practice tests there

Hahah it's all good. I think it will be great work experience and practice for big lawl. :)

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

haha! yay you found a study group! wish I could join ya'll I'd love to move to NYC ... Texas is too damn hot and flat.

• raquelgp22raquelgp22 Free Trial Member
    4 karma

Hi, I would like to join the group. I'm currently in Jersey City

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@tringo335 said:
    haha! yay you found a study group! wish I could join ya'll I'd love to move to NYC ... Texas is too damn hot and flat.

NYC is great, but it sure is expensive. I just moved into a studio that costs what a damn mortgage should, lol. But, if you can make it here, you can make it anywhere.

Texas is pretty darn awesome though! Good food, nice folks, and the cities I've seen are nice (Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston)

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@raquelgp22 said:
    Hi, I would like to join the group. I'm currently in Jersey City

I would love to move to Jersey City and commute to Manhattan. How is the public transit?

3679 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@tringo335 said:

NYC is great, but it sure is expensive. I just moved into a studio that costs what a damn mortgage should, lol. But, if you can make it here, you can make it anywhere.

Texas is pretty darn awesome though! Good food, nice folks, and the cities I've seen are nice (Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston)

Ha! Let's trade places if you like it that much lol

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Maybe a visit to Texas would be nice, but NY will always be my home <3 Even if I hate it most days, lol

• LsatDrifterLsatDrifter Member
    42 karma

I'm down for it also, Throggs Neck Bx here, 15min away from Yonkers. Lets get this done

• TomBradyTomBrady Member
    20 karma

Recently moved to Manhattan, would love to study with you guys.

1287 karma

Fordham NY Public Library: 310 Kingsbridge Road Saturday August 5, 2017 9:30 a.m. try doing PT 62 before then.

• EmelyM93EmelyM93 Member
    75 karma

I live in yonkers too! so Im down.

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma

@theLSATdreamer said:

Adding this to your first post so people can know where to go! ;)

1287 karma

Thank you @"Dillon A. Wright" , my study group is turning out to be a huge success !

• defygravity96defygravity96 Member
    12 karma

Manhattan here! I'll put this on my calendar!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@theLSATdreamer said:
    Thank you @"Dillon A. Wright" , my study group is turning out to be a huge success !

I'm jealous I can't make it now :neutral: Haha It did turn out to be a success though!

• zaroberts1991zaroberts1991 Member
    edited July 2017 101 karma

I'd be down, email is -removed, please pm for email-

• alyhobbsalyhobbs Alum Member
    715 karma

@tringo335 said:

OMG I totally couldn't have said it better! I was just talking to someone who lives in Colorado the other day about how lucky they are to have a daily view of mountains. Here we have either city buildings or flat land lol.

Which part of Texas are in? I am interested in a study group in Dallas. Taking the December LSAT and haven't seen study groups yet. I am sure it is still early but can't hurt to start looking.

3679 karma

@alyhobbs said:

@tringo335 said:

OMG I totally couldn't have said it better! I was just talking to someone who lives in Colorado the other day about how lucky they are to have a daily view of mountains. Here we have either city buildings or flat land lol.

Which part of Texas are in? I am interested in a study group in Dallas. Taking the December LSAT and haven't seen study groups yet. I am sure it is still early but can't hurt to start looking.

Omg yes! I'm in Dallas! Three of us just started a study group were aiming to meet the second Sunday in August at the Starbucks Reserve in Uptown. Can you meet? Inbox me for deets

1287 karma

@alyhobbs YES SHE @tringo335 IS DEFINITELY TAKING TAKING THE DECEMBER TEST ! we have an agreement ! shes my sister from accross america lol so take care of her, look at her all grown up making friends im so proud !!

• Mark ColemanMark Coleman Alum Member
    edited July 2017 8 karma

I wish I would have still lived in the city. I would have been down. I moved away from NYC to go to school in Western, NY so now I'm in Buffalo.

3679 karma

@theLSATdreamer said:
    @alyhobbs YES SHE @tringo335 IS DEFINITELY TAKING TAKING THE DECEMBER TEST ! we have an agreement ! shes my sister from accross america lol so take care of her, look at her all grown up making friends im so proud !!

Ok I'm sitting here at work literally LOLLLLLL so thanks for making my coworkers think I'm crazy.

And yes its true @alyhobbs, @theLSATdreamer convinced me to try to get my PT scores high enough to take in December and just pop that LSAT cherry. It actually has been good motivation because I study a lot harder than I was when I was aiming for June 2018. So kudos to you friend!

• alyhobbsalyhobbs Alum Member
    715 karma

@tringo335 said:

@theLSATdreamer said:

Ok I'm sitting here at work literally LOLLLLLL so thanks for making my coworkers think I'm crazy.

And yes its true @alyhobbs, @theLSATdreamer convinced me to try to get my PT scores high enough to take in December and just pop that LSAT cherry. It actually has been good motivation because I study a lot harder than I was when I was aiming for June 2018. So kudos to you friend!

Hahaha that's awesome @theLSATdreamer! Nice that she has someone keeping her accountable.

@tringo335 That's great that it is motivating you rather than adding more pressure. I was originally hoping to take the test in September but I wasn't really able to truly dedicate enough time to studying until the last month and a half. I didn't think less than 3 months was enough time for myself to be fully prepared.

1287 karma

So someone told me this weekend that to be as prepared as possible you need 240 hours of studying time not including 30-40 practice tests, however the review does count towards studying, so basicaly 4 months 2-3 hours daily plus 2 test a week.. anyone agree with this theory?

• gloriayagloriaya Alum Member
    4 karma

Is there a Queens group? If not lets do it!

1287 karma

@gloriaya come to our group, im sure there are others there from queens then you can mkae mini groups

• masterthelsatmasterthelsat Member
    82 karma

@gloriaya
    Im located in Queens. Do you wanna make a Queens group?

547 karma

Fordham NY Public Library: 310 Kingsbridge Road Saturday August 5, 2017 9:30 a.m. try doing PT 62 before then. Hopefully we can meet every borough. Join us.

edited August 2017 20 karma

Is this group still meeting weekly/bi-weekly? Is there a group text? Thanks!

547 karma

We can meet. What is everyone's availability date and time?

20 karma

I am currently meeting with a small group weekly/sometimes bi-weekly (East Village Area). We will also be meeting via Skype and using google docs to keep track of the questions that we would like to discuss ahead of time. If interested, PM me.

547 karma

@TomBrady, I'm very interested and will PM you.