Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2 months to go till September 2017 exam. Just started 7 Sage.

rnwangumarnwanguma Alum Member

Hello All,
I just started the 7Sage course cause I'm hoping to obtain a better approach towards logical reasoning and reading comprehension. I started with Powerscore and I've read the Logical Reasoning and Games bibles from cover to cover. I've already taken the June 2007 diagnostic before. Should I take it again with 7 Sage's approach or just put in the answers from when I first took the exam? Also, with two months to go till the September exam, is it ok to just skip over to sections that I need immediate help on or start everything from the beginning?

Comments

• gioaragon95gioaragon95 Alum Member
    edited July 2017 174 karma

My answer is going to be a little bit short but how I approach things is by doing it the long way.
    I would understand if you are crunched on time but for me i believe learning the concepts and reasoning behind this test takes time.The ideas will build off each the further you learn about argument structure, argumentation, and critical reasoning. It's like math, you can't do the harder question right unless you understand the theory and principles behind what those questions are based upon.

So for me, skipping would seem like a bad idea since things build off each other on this exam. You need to learn how to walk in order to one day know how to run.

But if you learn quickly by all means!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Nope. I'd start right from the beginning. 7Sage is a full LSAT philosophy and course. It builds off of core concepts. Skipping ahead would be like.... starting a movie in the middle. Yeah, you'll still know what happens and piece things together, but you won't be doing yourself any favors.

Incidentally, September give you 2 months. I don't think that's enough time to get all you can out of the course. Even at 4-5 hours a day max (the recommended amount of time to study) you'd need more time. Heck, 8 hours a day might not be enough.

This is all speculative because I don't know you're diagnostic or where you eventually want to end up. Just know they're going to be offering the LSAT 6 times a year and you will have plenty of chances if September rolls around and you are not ready.

Good luck!