Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Transcripts

Maximus4Maximus4 Alum Member

So I submitted my transcripts a while back and also received an email confirming that they were processed. However, I am unable to view what my LSAC GPA is online. Any ideas?

Comments

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

Do you have multiple institutions listed? If so, have all of those transcripts been processed?

• Maximus4Maximus4 Alum Member
    206 karma

Yes all of them have been proceeded, I had two institutions. Is it because I have not purchased the CAS (Credential Assembly Service) yet?

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Maximus4 said:
    Yes all of them have been proceeded, I had two institutions. Is it because I have not purchased the CAS (Credential Assembly Service) yet?

Yeah, sounds like that could be a possibility. Also, IIRC, you may have it give it a little longer for it to then update on the LSAC's website. I'm trying to remember because I signed up for the CAS/sent in my info way before I even began prepping. So this was over a year ago.

3279 karma

"After you pay for CAS, your account will remain active for five years. The CAS fee is currently $185 and includes
    transcript summarization (as well as authentication and evaluation of academic records for internationally educated JD applicants, if applicable);
    "

https://www.lsac.org/jd/applying-to-law-school/cas

• mmowrermmowrer Free Trial Member
    25 karma

Doesn't LSAC wait to generate your report until your LSAT score is in? Or am I just crazy and imagining that?

3279 karma

@mmowrer said:
    Doesn't LSAC wait to generate your report until your LSAT score is in? Or am I just crazy and imagining that?

Not sure about an entire report, but not for GPA. I just sent in my transcripts and I haven't taken the lsat. I have a GPA reported and a transcript summary.

• nevadacity37nevadacity37 Free Trial Member
    edited July 2017 163 karma

LSAC calculates your GPA regardless of, or prior to, taking the LSAT, once they have received and processed ALL of your transcripts - assuming you have paid for the CAS service. To find your LSAC GPA, go to the LSAC website, login to your account. Under the "Apply" tab, scroll down to "credentials", then scroll to "transcripts" and click on that. That will bring you to a new page. On that page, on the far right hand side, you will see "view academic summary report". Click on that, and walla, you have your whole academic summary, that includes all the breakdowns of your GPA. Your LSAC accumulative GPA will be in the "academic summary" at the bottom. If any of the notations, or categories are confusing, there is - on the same page in which you clicked on "view academic summary report", below that link is another link that is titled "academic summary report key"; that explains the data on the academic summary report. Hope this all helps.