Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Broke through the ceiling (22 jump street)

LSATHopeful-2LSATHopeful-2 Alum Member
edited July 2017 in General 109 karma

HEY EVERYONE,

Took PT 65 on Monday and I got a 171 on it!! WOOO. JY's message hyped me up and suggested I celebrate my victory so here it goes! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASS.

Tips: You CAN do it. Try drilling your weakness, COFFEE, ENOUGH SLEEP, WATER - seriously, don't forget about the non-test related essentials :)

Best of luck,

Comments

• annewr253annewr253 Alum Member
    439 karma

That's an awesome feeling! Congrats!!!!

• Gladiator_2017Gladiator_2017 Yearly Member
    1332 karma

Congratulations!!!!!

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

Keep it up! Consistency is key, you can see the finish line but you can't stop running! Congrats on the score!

• PomegranatePomegranate Alum Member
    577 karma

Congratulations!!!

• acsimonacsimon Alum Member
    1269 karma

Big things!--Take a day to bask in it, then more coffee, sleep, and (most importantly) water.--A.c.S

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

Woohoo! So excited for you!

• Maddie D.Maddie D. Alum Member
    325 karma

When I first broke 170 on a PT I about cried from happiness so I know the feeling lmao Congrats! :smiley: On average I'm still creepin' over here in high-160s land but knowing that the ability to break through the plateau period is there is so encouraging. Keep up the good work!

• masterthelsatmasterthelsat Member
    82 karma

@LSATHopeful-2
    Congrats!! That's great! Do you mind me asking what was your previous scoring avg and how did you manage to break into the 170s?

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

That's amazing! Congrats :)

• LSATHopeful-2LSATHopeful-2 Alum Member
    edited July 2017 109 karma

THANK YOU ALL,

Looking forward to getting back to studying after I finish a summer school exam on Thursday.

@masterthelsat My last 4 PTs are - 167 - 167 - 169 - 171-. What moved my score from the 167 to 170 region was that I actually drilled certain question types. I realized I was missing almost every 3+ star PF and PR question in my LR sections. As soon as I understood how to approach those (PF you look for a similar flaw, not necessarily similar structure, PR you look for similar reasoning which almost always means similar structure) I moved upwards. Then I practiced Flaw and Necessary Assumptions, and finally I did 2 days of straight RC.

So I think the key here is that once you start scoring high enough that just doing BR isn't doing a huge improvement, drilling certain question types can really help.

• joe.j.hamjoe.j.ham Alum Member
    88 karma

Whoooo! Definitely feel you @LSATHopeful-2. Just got my first 170 on PT 63 this week after dipping down to low 160's - PT 62 - this past week. Best feeling. Let's get ittttttt

• masterthelsatmasterthelsat Member
    82 karma

@LSATHopeful-2
    Thanks! I'll trying doing the same.

• dfletch5dfletch5 Alum Member
    260 karma

So Awesome! Happy for you!

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    3521 karma

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!

• dml277dml277 Alum Member
    775 karma

Congrats! Thanks for sharing what you've been drilling. I've been so bored by drilling so this is giving me motivation to drill those flaw and NA questions!

• alaa.11alaa.11 Free Trial Member
    33 karma

Congratulations, I'm so happy for you ! I hope you get a score higher than a 171 on the actual LSAT !

• FiestaNextDoorFiestaNextDoor Alum Member
    127 karma

@LSATHopeful-2 congrats!!! just curious - what did you do to boost your RC score?

• lsat 1101lsat 1101 Alum Member
    267 karma

What a great feeling! Go Lsathopeful2!!! :)